Stronghold

Old January 18th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Stronghold

Up till now I've mainly used Frontline, sometimes Advantage, for flea
treatments. This time I thought I'd try Stronghold. The cats reaction to
having it put on was much less than Frontline or Advantage, it will be
interesting to see how effective it is.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 18th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Up till now I've mainly used Frontline, sometimes Advantage, for flea
treatments. This time I thought I'd try Stronghold. The cats reaction to
having it put on was much less than Frontline or Advantage, it will be
interesting to see how effective it is.

I think it's brilliant and have used it on my cats for ages. It's a bit
expensive but given that it gets rid of fleas, earmites, and worms all in
one easy spot-on treatment I cannot fault it. I've been lucky in that my
cats have never had fleas, AFAIK, but this makes sure they never do plus the
thought of trying to worm my two by the tablet method doesn't bear thinking
about.
My vet recommended it when KFC was still living outside semi-feral: I had
started to feed her and noticed her balance seemed to be a bit off. She had
earmites. It was quite a new thing at that time but it did the trick for
all/any other parasites she might have had and saved me from a good slashing
;-) as she was even grumpier back then!

Tweed

Old January 18th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

How is KFC doing, Tweed?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 18th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
How is KFC doing, Tweed?

She's still with us. Very frail now and difficult to find something she
actually wants to eat. Still mostly perky, though and while she is vet says
OK. She hasn't gone outside in a long time now, her choice. She likes to be
tucked up in front of the fire all day, tbh that would be my choice too!
Thanks for asking.

Tweed

Old January 19th 08, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
How is KFC doing, Tweed?

She's still with us. Very frail now and difficult to find something she
actually wants to eat. Still mostly perky, though and while she is vet says
OK. She hasn't gone outside in a long time now, her choice. She likes to be
tucked up in front of the fire all day, tbh that would be my choice too!
Thanks for asking.

Tweed

Do old cats still like their food solid, like chunks of meat, or might
she have an easier time eating or lapping up mashed up meat with some
cream or some such? Then again, canned catfoods are close in consistency
to that, but maybe they don't smell so good to a cat... I don't know...
Dang, I dread the time when my boy (I only have Laku now as Nico has
moved in with my ex) gets so old (which I still hope he will) that I
have to find ways to make his last time as comfy as possible, without
crying all the time myself...
I do hope that when KFC does go to the bridge, she has a peaceful
crossing, maybe in her sleep and not with the added stress of TED
handling her... but I still hope that she'll have as much time with you
as possible.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 20th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
How is KFC doing, Tweed?

She's still with us. Very frail now and difficult to find something
she actually wants to eat. Still mostly perky, though and while she
is vet says OK. She hasn't gone outside in a long time now, her
choice. She likes to be tucked up in front of the fire all day, tbh
that would be my choice too! Thanks for asking.

Tweed

Do old cats still like their food solid, like chunks of meat, or might
she have an easier time eating or lapping up mashed up meat with some
cream or some such? Then again, canned catfoods are close in
consistency to that, but maybe they don't smell so good to a cat... I
don't know...

When you are blessed with such an ancient lady as I am, you are quite right,
she needs it mashed up which I've been doing for quite a long time now.
I have bought some cream for her. I discounted the idea before when Joyce
suggested it as she gets the poos from whole milk (lactose intolerent?) I
decided to try it as she needs some more calories. I will try it a
teaspoonful at a time in her food and see what happens.

Dang, I dread the time when my boy (I only have Laku
now as Nico has moved in with my ex) gets so old (which I still hope
he will) that I have to find ways to make his last time as comfy as
possible, without crying all the time myself...
I do hope that when KFC does go to the bridge, she has a peaceful
crossing, maybe in her sleep and not with the added stress of TED
handling her... but I still hope that she'll have as much time with
you as possible.

Thanks, it's very hard. She is still feisty more times than not. When she
does not eat I ask myself, is it time? and the next day she says "gimme my
food NOW!!
This is CRF for her at the moment. I truly believe I will know when it is
"time*
I would like to get up one morning and find she has passed away in her
sleep, but only to avoid me making that last decision , to be honest. I
would not like to think that had happened because I was not brave enough to
say enough is enough at 22 yo.
She is fine atm. Eating Whiskas Supermeat (mashed) No pheasants required
;-)

Tweed

Old January 20th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 20, 9:01*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Thanks, it's very hard. *She is still feisty more times than not. When she
does not eat I ask myself, is it time? *and the next day she says "gimme my
food NOW!!
This is CRF for her at the moment. *I truly believe I will know when it is
"time*

You will know when it is "time" and do what you have to do because you
know when the time comes it will be the last loving gift you can give
her. If she does pass over in her sleep that will be a blessing but it
will not happen because you weren't brave enough to say enough is
enough it will happen because she chose to.

(I wonder sometimes if cats chose our Isis woke up, Dave found her
sitting in the hallway waiting for him and he said "Coming in?" and he
swears she looked back at the box in the kitchen where she'd been
spending a lot of time then looked at him, sighed, went for a drink,
licked the bowl clean, used her box, came into the living room,
demanded skritchies then curled up behind the sofa purring, after a
while the purring stopped and Dave had a look she was sound asleep. A
few minutes later he swears the room went cold and he had a sense of
something leaving and when he looked, she was curled up and gone. But
he says when she looked at that box and sighed, he always felt she had
made her decision) I said "she took her own time, she took her own
pace, she chose her own time and with her usual grace"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs