Now it`s official - I am complete and utterly addicted.

Old January 18th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default Now it`s official - I am complete and utterly addicted.

This afternoon a young woman showed up at my home and told me,
someone had told her, that I had some kittens to give away.
My first reaction - deep mistrust.g
At first impulse I wanted to tell her that that`s not true. But then I
remebered that
some of the villagers know that I recently found 4 kittens in front of
my door.
AND I remembered that I wanted to give the little ones away after I
made them
trust human hands.sigh That their status is "temporarily at home
with us".

So I checked the young lady thoroughly and while doing that detected
that I
WANTED to find something which is not ok with me.another sigh
Circumstances wanted that everything with her and her keeping cats and
her
knowing about cats behaviour seemed to be ok. AND I found her nice
too. So I
told her the kittens are still not hand-friendly and took her into my
living-room just
to show her a glimpse of vanishing kittens. There we were able to have
a look at
all four of them as they have grown rather curious and, who knows, I
could have
something to eat with me.g Yes, they are spoiled already.
Then I told the young lady I would only give two of them together
away, and next
sentence I said was " I would prefer to give none of them away."
sigh
She laughed and stated she could understand that. In the end I
explained that I
already have grown too close to them and that I would keep all of
them.
She was so damned nice and understanding. And I now know that I am
crazy.
I suggested to her that if she would wait 4 month there would be
probably kittens
at my neighbours house as the spring run is already going on ( it is
so warm here
that outside the cats are all going crazy).

And she said that this would be ok with her. I can't believe it.
There are still three
unspayed girls outside and I am dreading spring for that. Well, at
least there is
one decent place found. And in four weeks I hope to get those three
spayed. If I
can aquire the funds for that.
Anyway - now the kittens status is clear - they are MINE. And I think
everybody
here sort of smells that changed status. Oh well, let there be 12.

Bettina
Old January 18th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

Bettina wrote in news:51a7b2dc-468a-4557-8bfe-
:

And then there were 13...14...15...

Addictive, aren't they?

Bobble
Old January 18th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jan 18, 2:38�pm, Bettina wrote:
[...]

I "doubted you were going to give them away.
Suz&Spicey
Old January 19th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bettina wrote:
Anyway - now the kittens status is clear - they are MINE. And I think
everybody
here sort of smells that changed status. Oh well, let there be 12.

Hehe. I don't think any of us doubted that they were yours. Good luck
with having the females spayed!

Old January 19th 08, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Bettina wrote in news:51a7b2dc-468a-4557-8bfe-
:

And I now know that I am
crazy.

Bettina

We're all crazy on this bus.

Old January 19th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Outsider wrote:
Bettina wrote in news:51a7b2dc-468a-4557-8bfe-
:

And I now know that I am
crazy.

Bettina

We're all crazy on this bus.

Sanity is over rated.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 19th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 18, 11:38*am, Bettina wrote:
. Oh well, let there be 12.

I thought you had decided to keep all of them ages ago!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 19th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 19 Jan., 16:24, Lesley wrote:
On Jan 18, 11:38*am, Bettina wrote:
. Oh well, let there be 12.

I thought you had decided to keep all of them ages ago!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

We-ell, I decided to make them hand-friendly and then to think about
the possibility of finding places.
But you are right - my heart at once told me to keep `em.
But there is a responsible, sensible side inside me which always asks
the sensible questions.
I know - forget about that. After weeks and weeks of "thinking it
over" I ended up with
"trust, that the universe always will find ways to feed and TED
them.".
I got the lesson that if one always thinks into the future that there
might be difficulties,
there will for sure be difficulties. So no I just hope for the best.
Old January 19th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 19 Jan., 16:43, Bettina wrote:
On 19 Jan., 16:24, Lesley wrote:

On Jan 18, 11:38*am, Bettina wrote:
. Oh well, let there be 12.

I thought you had decided to keep all of them ages ago!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

We-ell, I decided to make them hand-friendly and then to think about
the possibility of finding places.
But you are right - my heart at once told me to keep `em.
But there is a responsible, sensible side inside me which always asks
the sensible questions.
I know - forget about that. After weeks and weeks of "thinking it
over" I ended up with
"trust, that the universe always will find ways to feed and TED
them.".
I got the lesson that if one always thinks into the future that there
might be difficulties,
there will for sure be difficulties. So no I just hope for the best.

Typo.
Should read "So now I hope for the best."