Cat comiic

Old July 20th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

Default Cat comiic

I would like to call your attention to "Raising Duncan" posted on-line for
20 July: tinyurl.com/686vvo or
http://www.comics.com/comics/raising...-20080720.html

Those with indoor/outdoor cats are all too familiar with that scene.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old July 20th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:45:22 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

I would like to call your attention to "Raising Duncan" posted on-line
for 20 July: tinyurl.com/686vvo or
http://www.comics.com/comics/raising...-20080720.html

Those with indoor/outdoor cats are all too familiar with that scene.

Cats would like to figure out how to be on both sides of the door
simultaneously.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 20th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On 20 Jul 2008 17:13:05 GMT, John F. Eldredge wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:45:22 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

I would like to call your attention to "Raising Duncan" posted on-line
for 20 July: tinyurl.com/686vvo or
http://www.comics.com/comics/raising...-20080720.html

Those with indoor/outdoor cats are all too familiar with that scene.

Cats would like to figure out how to be on both sides of the door
simultaneously.

I like it when kitty goes to one door sees it raining, and tries another
door as if it is going to be nice and sunny there.

The other one I like is when kitty looks up at me as if to say "make it
stop raining!"
Old July 20th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:45:22 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

I would like to call your attention to "Raising Duncan" posted on-line
for 20 July: tinyurl.com/686vvo or
http://www.comics.com/comics/raising...-20080720.html

Those with indoor/outdoor cats are all too familiar with that scene.

Cats would like to figure out how to be on both sides of the door
simultaneously.

--
John F. Eldredge --

Actually, I think most cats would prefer that there were no doors, or at
least that all doors were always open. When my daughter was a teenager, we
had a rather large cat that would jump onto her bed and walk on her in the
night. She was a very light sleeper, so she started sleeping with her
bedroom door closed so he couldn't come in. One morning I was up before she
was. That particular cat walked up to her door and jumped on it.
Apparently it wasn't latched properly, because the door swung open. The cat
then walked away. You could see him thinking, "My job here is done."

Joy

Joy

Old July 20th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
I would like to call your attention to "Raising Duncan" posted
on-line for
20 July: tinyurl.com/686vvo or
http://www.comics.com/comics/raising...-20080720.html

Those with indoor/outdoor cats are all too familiar with that scene.

--

Ours want to be let in one door and out another so they can get from
the back to the front yards. They are perfectly capable of getting

Makes me remember my mother yelling at us to stop running in and out
of the house.

Kids are just as bad. Sometimes I lock the front door just because I
can't stand to hear it open and slam one more time.

Jo

Old July 21st 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:45:22 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

I would like to call your attention to "Raising Duncan" posted on-line
for 20 July: tinyurl.com/686vvo or
www.comics.com/comics/raisingduncan/archive/

raisingduncan-20080720.html

Those with indoor/outdoor cats are all too familiar with that scene.

Cats would like to figure out how to be on both sides of the door
simultaneously.

I like it when kitty goes to one door sees it raining, and tries another
door as if it is going to be nice and sunny there.

The other one I like is when kitty looks up at me as if to say "make it
stop raining!"

Annabel Lee (died 2002) was bad about wanting to dash out the door when I
got home. I kept her indoors-only because I live on a busy street, and
only 100 yards or so from a major highway. On a few occasions, she
dashed outside, found that it was raining, made an immediate U-turn, and
dashed back inside again.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 21st 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

You *******! Pouring all that rain on that poor cat!

The other one I like is the first frest snowfall with kitty hopping around
like a kangaroo to minimize ground contact.

Old July 21st 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ Nomad wrote:

The other one I like is the first frest snowfall with kitty hopping around
like a kangaroo to minimize ground contact.

And then doing the famous back-leg-shake: first one (shake shake shake)
and then the other (shake shake shake), all the while looking extremely
offended that such terrible stuff should have gotten *on* them.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 21st 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:20:28 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

AZ Nomad wrote:

The other one I like is the first frest snowfall with kitty hopping
around like a kangaroo to minimize ground contact.

And then doing the famous back-leg-shake: first one (shake shake shake)
and then the other (shake shake shake), all the while looking extremely
offended that such terrible stuff should have gotten *on* them.

I remember once seeing my father's cat have to cross through a puddle
about 3 inches deep. As each foot came out of the water, she would shake
it, then take a stride forward, placing that foot back in the water and
lifting and shaking a new foot. It was comical to watch.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 21st 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

AZ Nomad wrote:

The other one I like is the first frest snowfall with kitty

hopping around like a kangaroo to minimize ground contact.

And then doing the famous back-leg-shake: first one (shake shake
shake) and then the other (shake shake shake), all the while looking
extremely offended that such terrible stuff should have gotten *on*
them.

I remember once seeing my father's cat have to cross through a puddle
about 3 inches deep. As each foot came out of the water, she would
shake it, then take a stride forward, placing that foot back in the
water and lifting and shaking a new foot. It was comical to watch.

Suki must have been auditioning for the new Cat messiah. She very nearly
managed to walk on water as she tried to cross a full bath.

She wasn't as wet I had thought she'd have been for a cat that had taken a
bath, but still approached Pickle for help with the post-bath licking.
Pickle did help out for bit, beforehe boxed her ears. I think it was that
"I'll help, but don't be so damn stupid next time, you idiot" sort of
ear-boxing. Those two very much remind me of Ebenezer and Snooch from two
lumps.

Shadow is just, well, Shadowcat.

Yowie