test

Old September 17th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

Default test

Ignore.

--
Cheryl

Old September 17th 08, 10:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.

Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Old September 17th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Didn't see a thing.
"Yowie" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.

Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Old September 17th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Granby kirjoitti:
Didn't see a thing.
"Yowie" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.

Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Totally ignored, never saw nutthin'...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 18th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
Christine K wrote:

Granby kirjoitti:
Didn't see a thing.
"Yowie" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.
Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Totally ignored, never saw nutthin'...

I don't even subscribe to this group, so how could I have seen it?

Well, OK, I didn't used to. But it's Yowie's fault!

Baird

--
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and in a divided country
that's enough to win elections. -Bill Steele
Old September 18th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

"Baird Stafford" wrote in message
In article ,
Christine K wrote:

Granby kirjoitti:
Didn't see a thing.
"Yowie" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.
Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Totally ignored, never saw nutthin'...

I don't even subscribe to this group, so how could I have seen it?

Well, OK, I didn't used to. But it's Yowie's fault!

LOL you folks are so silly. You prolly know I was testing aioe news server.
They actually block people from posting to certain groups as I found out.
Luckily not this one.

Welcome, Baird.

Old September 18th 08, 10:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
"Baird Stafford" wrote in message
In article ,
Christine K wrote:

Granby kirjoitti:
Didn't see a thing.
"Yowie" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.
Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Totally ignored, never saw nutthin'...

I don't even subscribe to this group, so how could I have seen it?

Well, OK, I didn't used to. But it's Yowie's fault!

LOL you folks are so silly. You prolly know I was testing aioe news
server. They actually block people from posting to certain groups as
I found out. Luckily not this one.

Welcome, Baird.

How long am I supposed to ignore you for? eg
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 18th 08, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Baird Stafford wrote:
In article ,
Christine K wrote:

Granby kirjoitti:
Didn't see a thing.
"Yowie" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Ignore.
Ok, ignored.

Yowie

Totally ignored, never saw nutthin'...

I don't even subscribe to this group, so how could I have seen it?

Well, OK, I didn't used to. But it's Yowie's fault!

Baird

Hail Baird and Well Met!

There's a FAQ somewhere if you want to read it, but its pretty much like
the other NG, except that the cats, food and books don't need an [OT] here.

Hope you enjoy the place, and please tell everyone about the furry
tyrant of your heart...

BB

Yowie
Old September 18th 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

Default Leila, was test

In article ,
Yowie wrote:

Hope you enjoy the place, and please tell everyone about the furry
tyrant of your heart...

Y'mean Her Wowship? She's mostly black with white bib, gloves and boots
- and a tiny trickle of white down her lower jaw where she didn't
*quite* get that last dribble of cream....

Leila went to live with the Dowager when Belle Starr (yes, she was named
after *that* Belle Starr, and with good reason!) crossed the bridge:
the Dowager had already been diagnosed with Alzheimer's but felt
lonesome without feline companionship.

We went to the animal shelter looking for someone who was not a kitten,
still, as Belle Starr had long since passed the age of getting up on
things in order to knock little things off big things because they make
such interesting noises when they hit the floor and the Dowager's condo
was not, therefore, kitten-proof. We were told that Leila is a lap-cat
(which she is) but has issues with being picked up (which she does:
trips to the vet and evacuations from hurricanes involve leather
gardening gloves and a heavy jacket, for me).

I promised the Dowager, the shelter, and Leila that she would never have
to go back there. When the Dowager was no longer able to care for
herself, much less for Leila, and moved into the Assisted Living
Facility, Leila quite naturally came to live with me. She was pleased
to discover that she had also acquired a Secondary Feeding Unit in the
person of the SO; but I am still, she says, her primary twolegs.

She was also pleased to discover Bites, which apparently had never come
her way before she went to live with the Dowager, and will demand a
taste of anything I happen to be eating. She is disappointed with the
SO, however, who has been vegetarian for more than twenty years and
therefore doesn't prepare Real Food to share with deserving (and
demanding) felines.

Leila had been declawed by whoever housed her before she went to the
shelter. I would *never* do that to any cat, but saw (and see) no
reason to hold it against the cat herself. She didn't ask for it, after
all. And I have to admit that furniture in my house is much less ragged
than my parents' furniture ever was!

On the whole, however, Leila seems to think I'm a satisfactory partner;
when I go to bed, she comes to sing me a lullaby. She is of the
opinion, however, that I spend entirely too many hours petting a silly
machine (read, "computer") rather than The Cat, who obviously deserves
it much more than any electronic gizmo.

I'm inclined to believe that Leila has some Siamese ancestry not too
many generations removed: she has the distinctive Siamese voice, shape
and attitude, and is perfectly happy to carry on long conversations
which we both understand. We do have occasional disagreements, which I
usually win on the ground that "I'm bigger than you are, and I say so!"
She doesn't think that argument is particularly fair, but has to admit
that it is compelling.

In other words, Leila is a perfectly normal Cat.

Baird

Old September 18th 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Baird Stafford wrote:

Y'mean Her Wowship? She's mostly black with white bib, gloves and boots
- and a tiny trickle of white down her lower jaw where she didn't
*quite* get that last dribble of cream....

snippety

I'm inclined to believe that Leila has some Siamese ancestry not too
many generations removed: she has the distinctive Siamese voice, shape
and attitude, and is perfectly happy to carry on long conversations
which we both understand. We do have occasional disagreements, which I
usually win on the ground that "I'm bigger than you are, and I say so!"
She doesn't think that argument is particularly fair, but has to admit
that it is compelling.

Welcome to the group, Baird! Any friend of Yowie's is a friend of
rpca's. Your description of Leila sounds as if she might look a little
like my dear little Nikki, who unfortunately had to leave me for happier
hunting grounds in May 2005. Here's a picture of her:

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...nikkitree2.jpg

My current cats are Miranda (a Russian Blue) and Caliban (brown tabby).
There are lots of pictures of them on that site, too. The newest ones
are in this folder:

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...kki/Jul-Dec08/

Leila sounds like a sweet little girl. Are you absolutely sure that you
always win your disagreements? I find that cats can harbour revenge for
a very long time if they don't get their way...

TEST Karen Cat anecdotes 3 March 26th 07 03:56 AM
test eleaticus Cats - misc 2 February 22nd 07 07:42 PM
test ann791 Cat anecdotes 1 March 17th 06 12:38 AM
test CatNipped Cats - misc 1 April 27th 05 03:55 PM
test HansUppants Cat health & behaviour 0 April 27th 05 03:34 PM