Dee Dee - AWOL UPDATE (long)

Old October 5th 03, 09:10 PM
Jette Goldie

"Sheenah" wrote
snip
Peter and I will never know what, if anything Dee Dee tells the rest of

the gang she did during her
two days away from home. If she tells them anything, we expect she will

make sure that they know
that I imprisoned her and that her intelligence enabled her to work out

what she needed to do to
bring about her rescue.

Glad she's home safe, Sheenah.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old October 5th 03, 09:27 PM
rrb_091903

Peter and I will never know what, if anything Dee Dee tells the rest of the gang she did during her
two days away from home. If she tells them anything, we expect she will make sure that they know
that I imprisoned her and that her intelligence enabled her to work out what she needed to do to
bring about her rescue.

Sheenah

Glad to hear that she is home now. Do you have any idea how she got in
your neighbors house?

rrb

Old October 5th 03, 09:35 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Yay! Great news! Give her some scritches for us.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old October 5th 03, 09:37 PM
Sheenah

Default Dee Dee - AWOL UPDATE (long)

Dear Friends,

Firstly, Peter and I would like you to know that we have greatly appreciated all your messages of
hope and your furkids purrs for Dee Dee's safe return. Thank you for taking the trouble to write.

After posting here on Friday, I spent the best part of the afternoon and early evening searching for
her in our neighbours' gardens and in neighbouring streets and asking everyone I met whether they
had seen her. Meanwhile, Peter, whose disabilities make it impossible for him to go out on
searches, stayed indoors and created a "Missing" poster. By the time I got home, he had completed
it. Unfortunately there were no shops open where I could get it photocopied so I made a plan to go
out as soon as they opened on Saturday and get 100 copies made. With the poster done and night
having fallen, Peter and I did what we could for the rest of the evening to try to stop ourselves
thinking about what might have happened to Dee Dee. It wasn't easy.

While we were eating our evening meal, the security alarm on the unoccupied house next to ours went
off. This house used to be my friend June's home and since her death in July, I have been looking
after it on behalf of her family. I go in everyday to make sure that all is well.

When June's alarm went off, I was not unduly worried because it has been set off in the past by
either her family arriving to clear more of her possessions, or, far more frequently, for no
apparent reason. This time after listening to it wail for several minutes, I thought I ought to go
and check that all was well. Having de-activated June's alarm without going into her house, I
unlocked her front door and cautiously went in. I was mightily relieved to find nothing untoward
and after re-activating her alarm I returned home.

About an hour later June's alarm went off again. This time it disturbed our neighbour Ann. We went
into June's together. When I found her bedroom door three quarters closed, I became slightly
worried because I could not remember having closed it earlier in the day. Without thinking, I
called out:

"Hello, is there anybody there ?".

I don't know what I would have done if someone had answered "yes". I never thought that there might
be someone who had chosen not to speak hiding in the room. I pushed its door and entered.

"Is everything all right ?" asked Ann. As I assured her that it was, it crossed my mind that
perhaps Dee Dee had moved the door. I told Ann what I was thinking and with high hopes of Dee Dee
appearing, I began calling her. As she didn't immediately appear, I carried on calling. When Ann
and I eventually decided that Dee Dee was not in the house I reactivated June's alarm and we went
home.

At 1.00 am, June's alarm went off yet again. This time, I thought it best not to go and investigate
why.

Due to worrying about Dee Dee, neither Peter nor I slept well on Friday night.

On Saturday morning, our telephone rang just after seven o'clock. It was my friend Barbara who
lives opposite.

"Sheenah, there's a cat who looks like Dee Dee sitting in June's front bedroom window. Did you know
?"

My shrieks of delight must have nearly deafened poor Barbara. They awoke Peter and as I quickly
pulled on my dressing gown I gave him the wonderful news. Then crying tears of joy I dashed through
to the living room to pick up June's keys, dashed to the front door, threw it open and dashed round
to her house. Sure enough, a cat who looked exactly like Dee Dee was sitting in her front bedroom
window calmly and quietly watching the street. I called to it. It appeared to ignore me.
Nevertheless, as I unlocked June's front door, I anticipated finding Dee Dee eagerly waiting behind
it for it to be opened for her. She wasn't. I went into the front bedroom and looked for her
behind the closed curtains of its window. She wasn't there so I called her. She didn't reply. I
called her again, still no reply. Squatting on the bedroom floor, I called a third time.

At this point, I began to wonder whether what Barbara and I had seen in June's front bedroom window
was not the Dee Dee we knew but the ghost of Dee Dee. I thought this because of an experience I had
had in June's house a few days after her funeral. I had gone in at night to close her curtains
knowing that her family had left her central heating on in order to keep the house warm. The living
room was icy cold and it's strange atmosphere made me feel uneasy. I remain convinced that that
night, I encountered June in spirit form..

While I thought about the possibility of the cat in June's front bedroom window being nothing more
than an apparition, I heard a small plaintive cry and Dee Dee crawled out from under the bed under
the window. Eagerly, I stretched out my hand towards her and hesitantly she crept forward until she
was close enough to be able to sniff my fingers. As she did so, the expression on her face changed
from anxiety to delight. Crying: "Dee Dee", I reached forward, swept her up into my arms and
vigorously cuddled her. In protest at such rough treatment, Dee Dee squealed and started biting my
fingers. Quickly releasing her, I asked her if she wanted to go home and after getting up off the
floor, I started walking towards June's front door. Dee Dee trotted on ahead and once outside, she
did a quick roll on June's front drive way in front of Ann who had come to tell me that she had also
seen a cat that looked like Dee Dee in June's bedroom window, before running home with head and tail
held high to find food.

Old October 5th 03, 10:09 PM
lrulan

We are so glad DeeDee is back with you. God bless you both.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old October 5th 03, 10:12 PM
Nan

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:37:53 +0100, "Sheenah"
wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad that Dee Dee was found and is safe and sound. She's
probably telling the rest of the gang that she did it on purpose to
make you appreciate her more.

Nan
Old October 5th 03, 10:26 PM
Adrian

Sheenah wrote:
SNIP
Peter and I will never know what, if anything Dee Dee tells the rest
of the gang she did during her two days away from home. If she tells
them anything, we expect she will make sure that they know that I
imprisoned her and that her intelligence enabled her to work out what
she needed to do to bring about her rescue.

Sheenah

I'm so happy to hear you found Dee Dee safe and well, I hope she doesn't
learn any more b*sta*d cat tricks. Has she had any emails from Shmog.?
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old October 5th 03, 10:28 PM
polonca12000

sigh of relief I'm so glad Dee Dee is back home where she belongs and that
she is safe and sound.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Sheenah" wrote in message
Dear Friends,

Firstly, Peter and I would like you to know that we have greatly

appreciated all your messages of
hope and your furkids purrs for Dee Dee's safe return. snip

Old October 5th 03, 10:38 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:05:15 +0100, "Sheenah"
wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:37:53 +0100, "Sheenah"
wrote:

Dear Friends,

snip

Peter and I will never know what, if anything Dee Dee tells the rest of the gang she did during

her
two days away from home. If she tells them anything, we expect she will make sure that they know
that I imprisoned her and that her intelligence enabled her to work out what she needed to do to
bring about her rescue.

Sheenah

I'm so glad that Dee Dee was found and is safe and sound. She's
probably telling the rest of the gang that she did it on purpose to
make you appreciate her more.

Nan

You could be right :^)) I hope her seven mates won't think it a good idea to follow her example :^)

Sheenah

How hungry was she when she got hme?