Miss Calico Girl loses her leathers

Old July 2nd 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Miss Calico Girl loses her leathers

Yup. TED Stevenson took the ear patch off MCG's ear today, gave her a final
booster and billed us for 9 cat doses and 1 dog dose of Revolution. MCG was
such a good girl, didn't even curse at anyone this time. Her whole attitude
was "I don't want to be here, don't want to do this, and don't want anyone
touching me. So I guess I'll hide in the box (carrier) and hope they don't
remember how to open up the lid." It didn't work and she got taken care of.
She is such a gentle little (11.3 pounds) girl and such a sweetie.

Next project is to separate Meow Meow from his pride and joy. We were going
to do that earlier, but MCG's ear came up first.

Pam S. waiting for Huey to calm down so that she can give him his flea
treatment.

Old July 2nd 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
Yup. TED Stevenson took the ear patch off MCG's ear today, gave her
a final booster and billed us for 9 cat doses and 1 dog dose of
Revolution. MCG was such a good girl, didn't even curse at anyone
this time. Her whole attitude was "I don't want to be here, don't
want to do this, and don't want anyone touching me. So I guess I'll
hide in the box (carrier) and hope they don't remember how to open
up the lid." It didn't work and she got taken care of. She is such
a gentle little (11.3 pounds) girl and such a sweetie.

Next project is to separate Meow Meow from his pride and joy. We
were going to do that earlier, but MCG's ear came up first.

Pam S. waiting for Huey to calm down so that she can give him his
flea treatment.

I don't see how anyone with quite a few masters gets everyone's flea
medicine administered. I can usually get dose number one on, to
whoever was foolish enough to be in the kitchen at the time, but the
other two promptly teleport elsewhere until I forget what I was doing.

Jo

Old July 2nd 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`

"Jofirey"

"tanadashoes"
Yup. TED Stevenson took the ear patch off MCG's ear today, gave her a
final booster and billed us for 9 cat doses and 1 dog dose of Revolution.
MCG was such a good girl, didn't even curse at anyone this time. Her
whole attitude was "I don't want to be here, don't want to do this, and
don't want anyone touching me. So I guess I'll hide in the box (carrier)
and hope they don't remember how to open up the lid." It didn't work and
she got taken care of. She is such a gentle little (11.3 pounds) girl and
such a sweetie.

Awwwwww, give her a scritch from me G

Next project is to separate Meow Meow from his pride and joy. We were
going to do that earlier, but MCG's ear came up first.

So glad MCG is okay
We did that to Pookie after he fathered 3 bitties 3 years ago.
Only one survived, Pipps, and her Mom's name is Sqweex.

Pam S. waiting for Huey to calm down so that she can give him his flea
treatment.

LOL...you'll be up all night.

I don't see how anyone with quite a few masters gets everyone's flea
medicine administered. I can usually get dose number one on, to whoever
was foolish enough to be in the kitchen at the time, but the other two
promptly teleport elsewhere until I forget what I was doing.

Jo

They teleport to The Moon G
We get our Frontline flea treatment in spray bottle ' and squirt it on a
fluffy sheepyfleecy mitt (used to polish a car), sneak up behine a cat and
gently 'pet him/her on the back of the neck with the mitt. The mitt also
protects from scratches, but we do this once a month and also give them
their manicures twice a month too.
That can be a real ordeal, and all 4 of them need their little 'needle's
clipped.
Pipps cusses like a sailor, and growls, hissesm and she's really funny.
I wear winter gloves when I clip them.
Hugs
Kyla
--looking at scars from years ago

Old July 3rd 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

I don't see how anyone with quite a few masters gets everyone's flea
medicine administered. I can usually get dose number one on, to
whoever was foolish enough to be in the kitchen at the time, but the
other two promptly teleport elsewhere until I forget what I was doing.

I know exactly what you mean. I have to do it in a specific order. Licky
first, because once he knows what's up, he's gone for hours. Then Roxy,
because she's strong and squirmy, and finally Smudge, who is probably the
easiest of the bunch to catch and subdue. But they all hate it.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 3rd 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jofirey" wrote in message

I don't see how anyone with quite a few masters gets everyone's flea
medicine administered. I can usually get dose number one on, to whoever
was foolish enough to be in the kitchen at the time, but the other two
promptly teleport elsewhere until I forget what I was doing.

After Huey realized that I was going to put some evil goop on his neck and
tried to bite my butt (however, my butt was too big and he couldn't get a
grip and his teeth slid down the offending object) I cheated and handed the
medicine to Amanda who ambushed him and succeeded where I'd failed.

Pam S. who sics Mandy on them when medications are concerned.

Old July 3rd 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Jofirey" wrote in message

I don't see how anyone with quite a few masters gets everyone's
flea medicine administered. I can usually get dose number one on,
to whoever was foolish enough to be in the kitchen at the time, but
the other two promptly teleport elsewhere until I forget what I was
doing.

After Huey realized that I was going to put some evil goop on his
neck and tried to bite my butt (however, my butt was too big and he
couldn't get a grip and his teeth slid down the offending object) I
cheated and handed the medicine to Amanda who ambushed him and
succeeded where I'd failed.

Pam S. who sics Mandy on them when medications are concerned.

It would be nice if everyone with a multiple cat household could be
issued a cat whisperer like Mandy. Vicki does that for us.

She routinely will give each of our cats a quick exam when she comes
over. And is a lot faster to notice if they are 'off' than I am.

Which reminds me, she said last night that Jake has hairballs so I'd
better go put the hairball treats on the shopping list.

Jo