Moth Warning >:0)

Old January 11th 05, 01:35 PM
Karen Chuplis

Default Moth Warning >:0)

Check out the amazing photo and video on apba. Holy cow. Can you believe all
that moth dust??

Old January 11th 05, 02:16 PM
badwilson

This has got to be the first time ever that I've been glad that I
don't get binary groups ;-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old January 11th 05, 03:59 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "badwilson"
wrote:

This has got to be the first time ever that I've been glad that I
don't get binary groups ;-)

There must be a mother or two who can deal with this.
Old January 11th 05, 08:17 PM
TBird

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Check out the amazing photo and video on apba. Holy cow. Can you believe

all
that moth dust??

SO glad I can't see that.

I've hated moths all of my life because of that. Gross gross gross!

TBird --- has been known to scream and run from moths

Old January 11th 05, 08:27 PM
jmcquown

TBird wrote:
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Check out the amazing photo and video on apba. Holy cow. Can you
believe all that moth dust??

SO glad I can't see that.

I've hated moths all of my life because of that. Gross gross gross!

TBird --- has been known to scream and run from moths

I found it rather odd that the OP on the other ng (Rod in the Outback) said
he has the light lit at night to keep the moths from getting to the house.
Uh... they tend to gather around light... wouldn't it be best to turn the
light off? Or did he mean they'd swarm *inside* the house without the
light?

Yet another reason I'm glad I'm in the good ol' USA

Jill

Old January 11th 05, 10:06 PM
Yowie

"jmcquown" wrote in message
TBird wrote:
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Check out the amazing photo and video on apba. Holy cow. Can you
believe all that moth dust??

SO glad I can't see that.

I've hated moths all of my life because of that. Gross gross gross!

TBird --- has been known to scream and run from moths

I found it rather odd that the OP on the other ng (Rod in the Outback)

said
he has the light lit at night to keep the moths from getting to the house.
Uh... they tend to gather around light... wouldn't it be best to turn the
light off? Or did he mean they'd swarm *inside* the house without the
light?

If you keep a light on outside, the moths won't try to come in through the
flyscreens to your lounge room lights. Turn it off, and they'll find their
way in, flyscreens or no.

(It being summer here, you want to keep you solid doors open to let the cool
air in at night)

Yowie
PS, Since I don't get the binary groups, can somebody invite Rod in the
Outback here, please? I"ve read his stuff on Flippy's page and he's
hilarious.

Old January 11th 05, 10:10 PM
Karen

"Yowie" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
TBird wrote:
[...]

He posted THE funniest one ever the other day. That one about Toiletto in
the outhouse and he turned out the light and then Toiletto attacked him? OMG
I thought that was hysterical. He's such a good writer.

Old January 11th 05, 11:40 PM
Yowie

"Karen" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
TBird wrote:
[...]

Flippy sent that one out - and I'm glad she did. Please beg the guy to join
RPCA - or at least, crosspost his stories!!!

Yowie

Old January 12th 05, 02:15 AM
badwilson

"TBird" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
Check out the amazing photo and video on apba. Holy cow. Can you

believe
all
that moth dust??

SO glad I can't see that.

I've hated moths all of my life because of that. Gross gross gross!

TBird --- has been known to scream and run from moths

Yay! Another mothophobe! Welcome sister :-) Now that TJ has
disappeared, we mothophobes have to stick together!

Old January 12th 05, 04:43 PM
TBird

"badwilson" wrote in message ...
Yay! Another mothophobe! Welcome sister :-) Now that TJ has
disappeared, we mothophobes have to stick together!
--
Britta

Oh good GOD yes! Mothophobe!
They are so insane and erratic and all that dust and ARGH....

Every 10-15 years or so Colorado gets and infestation of Miller Moths and
it's a damn miracle I lived through one. The doors to the building where I
worked were alive with swarms of the damn things. I would sit in my car and
shudder, trying to steel myself for the mad dash out of the car and through
the moths to get into the building.

It was three weeks of pure hell for me.

Somehow, we had none in my apartment.

And I will NEVER own a blue Spruce tree, they love the things. My inlaws
had one next to their driveway. As soon as we slammed the car doors, the
tree would come alive with moths.

That same year they were so bad cats were getting sicking from "kitty potato
chip" overload. And one flew into some old geezers ear (there's a nightmare
for ya) and the doctor had to pull it out with tweezers. But as soon as he
let it go, it flew RIGHT BACK INTO THE GUYS EAR!!!!

I swore I am leaving town the next time they swarm like that. Or I simply
won't live through it.

TBird --- mothophobe extrodinaire