Why my sugar bowl has a lid

Old February 22nd 04, 10:05 PM
Jette Goldie

Default Why my sugar bowl has a lid

So there I was, making a cup of coffee for me and for
hubby and he pointed out that the sugar bowl was
empty.

So I handed him the sugar bag to fill it. He did so
and I continued pouring the coffee.

Not TWO SECONDS after he'd filled the bowl a black
and white streak hit the kitchen counter and before
either of us could blink there was a paw IN the sugar
bowl, digging.

Yes, digging.

So when you come to visit me, that's why my sugar bowl
has a lid.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old February 22nd 04, 10:22 PM
Alan Erskine

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message
So there I was, making a cup of coffee for me and for
hubby and he pointed out that the sugar bowl was
empty.

So I handed him the sugar bag to fill it. He did so
and I continued pouring the coffee.

Not TWO SECONDS after he'd filled the bowl a black
and white streak hit the kitchen counter and before
either of us could blink there was a paw IN the sugar
bowl, digging.

Yes, digging.

So when you come to visit me, that's why my sugar bowl
has a lid.

LOL! A cat with a *serious* sweet tooth!

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old February 22nd 04, 10:24 PM
Duke of URL

In ,
Jette Goldie radiated into the WorldWideWait:

So there I was, making a cup of coffee for me and for
hubby and he pointed out that the sugar bowl was
empty.
So I handed him the sugar bag to fill it. He did so
and I continued pouring the coffee.
Not TWO SECONDS after he'd filled the bowl a black
and white streak hit the kitchen counter and before
either of us could blink there was a paw IN the sugar
bowl, digging.
Yes, digging.
So when you come to visit me, that's why my sugar bowl
has a lid.

Well, don't leave it at that - what did she find in the bottom and was
it something she'd put in there?

Old February 22nd 04, 10:39 PM
jmcquown

Duke of URL wrote:
In ,
Jette Goldie radiated into the WorldWideWait:

So there I was, making a cup of coffee for me and for
hubby and he pointed out that the sugar bowl was
empty.
So I handed him the sugar bag to fill it. He did so
and I continued pouring the coffee.
Not TWO SECONDS after he'd filled the bowl a black
and white streak hit the kitchen counter and before
either of us could blink there was a paw IN the sugar
bowl, digging.
Yes, digging.
So when you come to visit me, that's why my sugar bowl
has a lid.

Well, don't leave it at that - what did she find in the bottom and was
it something she'd put in there?

Like maybe my co-workers ring which went missing the other day and turned
out the cat had it?

Old February 22nd 04, 11:15 PM
jmcquown

Jette Goldie wrote:
So there I was, making a cup of coffee for me and for
hubby and he pointed out that the sugar bowl was
empty.

So I handed him the sugar bag to fill it. He did so
and I continued pouring the coffee.

Not TWO SECONDS after he'd filled the bowl a black
and white streak hit the kitchen counter and before
either of us could blink there was a paw IN the sugar
bowl, digging.

Yes, digging.

So when you come to visit me, that's why my sugar bowl
has a lid.

Wonder what would the cat do if you bought sugar cubes? G

Jill

Old February 23rd 04, 08:39 AM
LOL

CATherine wrote in message . ..

I once read that cats don't really taste sweetness. But I don't think
that is true. I think cats have as much variation for taste as humans
do. Remember the many discussions on cats' preferences and strange
tastes. I do know a mouthful of sugar gets the saliva flowing. Maybe
it does in cats also. I remember a discussion a few months ago about
the group's humans and their sense of taste. does your cat also like
cake and candy and other sweet foods?

CATherine

Mike's never had much sweet stuff; one reason is because if I'm eating
something sweet it's very likely chocolate. But the *one* time I let
him lick a bit of coffee ice cream off my finger, he loved it. The
sugar (I assume it was the sugar) made him soooo hyper, we haven't
given him any since.

------
Krista
Old February 23rd 04, 08:53 AM
jmcquown

LOL wrote:
[...]

My brother Scott had a kitten who adored vanilla ice cream. I don't know if
it was the cream, the sugar or the cold wetness of it, though.

Jill

Old February 23rd 04, 10:32 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"JP Hobbs" had some very interesting things to
say about Why my sugar bowl has a lid:

Wilson likes a bit of Ice cream now and again.

Felix will mug me for Haagen-Dasz (sp?) dulce de leche.
Old February 23rd 04, 02:10 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Yes, digging.

So when you come to visit me, that's why my sugar bowl
has a lid.

When any of my three dig, it means they are looking to pee. Is your sugar bowl
still dry or did it get dampened? ;-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune

I had to laugh Karen Cat anecdotes 7 December 21st 03 01:27 AM
The longest night ....... Allegra640 Cat anecdotes 12 September 11th 03 05:14 AM