q-tips

Old April 14th 04, 12:42 PM
Carrie-Lou Salter

Default q-tips

My cat LOVES to play with q-tips (cotton swabs).... he picks them up in his
mouth, bats them around, goes crazy with them.... he's as happy with one
that I hand him straight out of the box as he is stealing one from the
garbage container in the bathroom....

Anybody else's kitty do this?

Old April 14th 04, 02:03 PM
Joe Canuck

Carrie-Lou Salter wrote:

My cat LOVES to play with q-tips (cotton swabs).... he picks them up in his
mouth, bats them around, goes crazy with them.... he's as happy with one
that I hand him straight out of the box as he is stealing one from the
garbage container in the bathroom....

Anybody else's kitty do this?

That and straws... yes.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old April 14th 04, 03:37 PM
Niels Peter

Carrie-Lou Salter skrev:

My cat LOVES to play with q-tips (cotton swabs).... he picks them up in his
mouth, bats them around, goes crazy with them.... he's as happy with one
that I hand him straight out of the box as he is stealing one from the
garbage container in the bathroom....

Anybody else's kitty do this?

My cats love pipe cleaners which are killed several times until they are
demoted to retrieving material. Guess who is in charge of throwing
them :-)
They would probably love q-tips should they ever encounter one. These
objects are just the right size for a kitty to handle.

Niels Peter

Old April 14th 04, 03:38 PM
RobZip

"Carrie-Lou Salter" wrote in message

Anybody else's kitty do this?

Yup . The plastic rings from the top of milk jugs tend to show up all over
too.

Old April 14th 04, 07:13 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Carrie-Lou Salter" wrote in message
My cat LOVES to play with q-tips (cotton swabs).... he picks them up in

his
mouth, bats them around, goes crazy with them.... he's as happy with one
that I hand him straight out of the box as he is stealing one from the
garbage container in the bathroom....

Anybody else's kitty do this?

Yes, it's a pretty common cat thing. My first cat was a Q-Tips freak, & one
of my present cats is pretty enamored of them, too.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old April 14th 04, 10:08 PM
CajunPrincess

Niels Peter wrote in message ...
Carrie-Lou Salter skrev:

My cat LOVES to play with q-tips (cotton swabs).... he picks them up in his
mouth, bats them around, goes crazy with them.... he's as happy with one
that I hand him straight out of the box as he is stealing one from the
garbage container in the bathroom....

Anybody else's kitty do this?

My cats love pipe cleaners which are killed several times until they are
demoted to retrieving material. Guess who is in charge of throwing
them :-)
They would probably love q-tips should they ever encounter one. These
objects are just the right size for a kitty to handle.

Niels Peter

Kona will play fetch with Q-tips. I throw them, he chases after them
while they are in the air, then he kills them and brings them back and
puts them down at my feet.

I bought some colored pipe cleaners that both my cats will
spontanously start playing with. Funny how those pipe cleaners try so
hard to run away from the cats. I saw Sabastian "stalk" one the other
day from around the corner of an ottoman. The bright colors are nice
because it makes it easier to spot them in their eventual resting
places-behind the sofa, under stuffed chairs, in closets, etc. :-)