Christina's address

Old February 18th 14, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Christina's address

Several of you have requested Tweed's address. I do have it--at least, it
was her address several years ago when I was still on the RPCA Holiday Card
Exchange, and I have not seen any messages from her that would indicate that
she has moved. I haven't responded before now because I have taken all
steps possible to keep my information private, and I don't want to publicize
information for anyone else who also might want to guard their privacy. If
those of you who want to send cards or notes will contact me at my email
address, I will see if I can help. I will contact Vicky first since she
maintains the card list to make sure that it is alright to exchange this
information. My email address that is attached to this message is valid
except that you first need to remove the "invalid" designation. Please be
sure to include the screen name and address that you use on rpca so that I
will recognize you.

MaryL

Old February 18th 14, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~
I received a reply from Yowie. She said Christina puts great value on her
privacy and does not even list her address on the holiday card list. Yowie
suggested that rpca members could send their cards to me and I could place
all of them (sealed) in a single envelope and forward them to Tweed. I am
certainly willing to do that for any of you who want to use this method.
This would mean a delay in getting cards to her because I live in the USA
and Tweed is in the UK, but I do agree with Yowie that it would be better
than sharing her address. I would not want to do anything that would invade
her privacy. I certainly understand her desire for privacy because I have
also taken as many steps as possible to maintain my own privacy. If any of
you want to do this, please contact me by email for my postal address so you
can send cards to me and use me as a "forwarding box." My email address
that is attached to this message is valid except that you first need to
remove the "invalid" designation. As I said in my original message, please

Old February 18th 14, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/18/2014 4:59 AM, MaryL wrote:

I received a reply from Yowie. She said Christina puts great value on
her privacy and does not even list her address on the holiday card
list. Yowie suggested that rpca members could send their cards to me
and I could place all of them (sealed) in a single envelope and forward
them to Tweed. I am certainly willing to do that for any of you who
want to use this method. This would mean a delay in getting cards to her
because I live in the USA and Tweed is in the UK, but I do agree with
Yowie that it would be better than sharing her address. I would not
want to do anything that would invade her privacy. I certainly
understand her desire for privacy because I have also taken as many
steps as possible to maintain my own privacy. If any of you want to do
this, please contact me by email for my postal address so you can send
cards to me and use me as a "forwarding box." My email address that is
attached to this message is valid except that you first need to remove
the "invalid" designation. As I said in my original message, please be
sure to include the screen name and address that you use on rpca so that
I will recognize you.

MaryL

I just sent you an email. Thank you for offering to do this for us.

Jill
Old February 18th 14, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

Thanks, Jill. I sent you a reply and will watch for your card.

MaryL

Old February 18th 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/18/2014 11:00 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , MaryL
wrote:
[...]

I'm thinking about your kind offer but it seems a bit odd to send a card
to the USA for you to end it back to a few miles of where I live. If you
see what I mean.

Judith

Yeah... that would be a little odd. But for those of us who don't live
in the UK, it's a nice offer. I just put a card in the mail for Mary to
foward to Christina.

Jill
Old February 18th 14, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

~~~~~~~~~
That's true, but I don't know of any other way to get cards to her without
violating her wish to remain private. I originally got her address when we
were both participating in the holiday card list years ago, but Vicky
suggested this method because she says that Tweed wants to preserve her
privacy.

MaryL

Old February 18th 14, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I received a reply from Yowie. She said Christina puts great value
on her privacy and does not even list her address on the holiday
card list.

If she's that serious about not being contacted why not just take her
at her word?

Old February 18th 14, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

wrote:
[...]

This is a lovely idea.

I think she's right to protect her privacy, I do too, although I think my
address could be found fairly easily. I have requested to be removed for a
list but they are using old data and haven't done it. I must force that
through. If you can get it to work I think Tina will be surprised and
pleased and not lost any privacy. Nice one!!!

Is there anyone in the UK who has also participated in the card exchange,
who still has her address and could do the same thing as Mary, on behalf
of more local people who'd rather the card not have to cross the Atlantic
twice?

--
Joyce

I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old February 19th 14, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Bastette wrote:

Is there anyone in the UK who has also participated in the card exchange,
who still has her address and could do the same thing as Mary, on behalf
of more local people who'd rather the card not have to cross the Atlantic
twice?

Yes, I do. I'm not in the card exchange but I have her contact details.
I'm sorry, I've only just read this thread. If any UK folks wish to send
Tweed a card, contact me (the email address here is valid) and I will
give you my address so you can post the card to her c/o me and I will
forward them all on to her in one envelope.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 20th 14, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Monday, February 17, 2014 7:59:43 PM UTC-5, MaryL wrote:
[...]

Hi Mary,

Can you email me your address so I can send you the card? It is mishwahr at yahoo dot com.

I hope she can contact us soon!

Patti

Ping! Christina Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 1 August 25th 05 08:29 PM
Just A Word Gaubster(Was the truth about Christina) Hailey Cat health & behaviour 116 March 4th 04 05:11 PM
The Truth About Christina (was: is this normal?) Sherry Cat health & behaviour 10 February 23rd 04 04:46 AM