Do cats get strep throat?

Old June 26th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Do cats get strep throat?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
I've been running a fever since Saturday, and when I went to the doctor
she said it was probably strep throat. I got antibiotics and told to take
it easy and drink lots of fluids. I'm staying at home today because I had
a terrible night and I'm pretty sure I'm contagious. Question. Can I give
the cats an infection? Should I avoid snuggling with them?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

I don't think you have to worry - but I'm sending mega get well purrs your
way. Take care of yourself!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 26th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

What's the difference between an Italian mother and a Jewish mother?

The Italian mother says, "Eat your chicken soup or I'll kill you!"
The Jewish mother says, "Eat your chicken soup or I'll kill myself!"

LOL. And you have a bit of each in your family, don't you? Which
brings up the terrifying thought about what a Jewish-Italian mother
might do if you didn't eat your soup.

But with all the ragging on these stereotypical mothers, I have to say
I feel somewhat deprived, not having had either one. I did grow up Jewish,
but my mother was a convert. And while you can convert to the religion,
you cannot convert to the culture. You have to grow up with it. My mother
grew up Protestant, and will never be a Jewish mother! I've always been
sort of sorry about that.

Joyce
Old June 26th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jun 26, 2007, wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

What's the difference between an Italian mother and a Jewish mother?

The Italian mother says, "Eat your chicken soup or I'll kill you!"
The Jewish mother says, "Eat your chicken soup or I'll kill myself!"

LOL. And you have a bit of each in your family, don't you? Which
brings up the terrifying thought about what a Jewish-Italian mother
might do if you didn't eat your soup.

Murder/suicide??

But with all the ragging on these stereotypical mothers, I have to say
I feel somewhat deprived, not having had either one. I did grow up Jewish,
but my mother was a convert. And while you can convert to the religion,
you cannot convert to the culture. You have to grow up with it. My mother
grew up Protestant, and will never be a Jewish mother! I've always been
sort of sorry about that.

I have only an "inferred Jewishness" having grown up in predominantly Jewish
neighborhoods/schools, etc., and then working for Jewish hospitals for 20
years. That proximity confirmed that there is very little difference in a lot
of the cultural elements.

Beth Israel Hospital offered a course in Yiddish once they started admitting
a lot of eastern European Jews, and of course, being a language nut, I signed
up for it. I now know more Yiddish than my Jewish friends.

I do make a mean Matzo Ball Soup, if I do say so myself.

When I visit with some of my Protestant friends' families (they're Yankees,
on top of it all) I'm amazed at how "quiet" it can be at the dinner table.
They don't talk about ANYthing. No one yells! They don't all talk at once,
either. It's so bizarre. :-)

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old June 27th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

Beth Israel Hospital offered a course in Yiddish once they started
admitting a lot of eastern European Jews, and of course, being a
language nut, I signed up for it. I now know more Yiddish than my
Jewish friends.

LOL, I'm sure you know more than I do.

I do make a mean Matzo Ball Soup, if I do say so myself.

My WASP ex taught me to make chicken soup.

When I visit with some of my Protestant friends' families (they're Yankees,
on top of it all) I'm amazed at how "quiet" it can be at the dinner table.
They don't talk about ANYthing. No one yells! They don't all talk at once,
either. It's so bizarre. :-)

LOL, remember the Annie Hall scene with the split screen, that showed his
dinner with Annie's family on one side, all quiet and repressed, and the
other side showing a dinner with his family, where everyone's complaining
about their health?

I grew up in one of those noisy families. At holidays, we'd get together
with the extended family (on the Jewish side - mom wasn't close to her
family), and yes, everyone would be talking at once. It was sarcastic and
competitive, though, and as a kid I was totally intimidated by it. In fact
I didn't learn to open my mouth in groups until I joined discussion groups
(as an adult) that had one-at-a-time talking rules. *Finally*, I could
speak without someone interrupting me!

So when I hear people who grew up in loud, talky cultures get all nostalgic
about dinner tables where everyone was talking over each other, I just
scratch my head. Been there, done that, managed to survive, but I don't
look back on it all that fondly...

Joyce
Old July 3rd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Victor Martinez wrote:
I've been running a fever since Saturday, and when I went to the doctor
she said it was probably strep throat. I got antibiotics and told to
take it easy and drink lots of fluids. I'm staying at home today because
I had a terrible night and I'm pretty sure I'm contagious. Question. Can
I give the cats an infection? Should I avoid snuggling with them?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

I hope you are feeling much better by now.
Purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 4th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:56:07 -0500, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

wrote:
I hope you are feeling much better by now.

Thanks Polonca!!! I don't know what I had, but I'm still recovering. I
have a lingering minor cough and some phlegm, but I feel pretty normal
now.

Purrs do it again!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 24th 17, 10:33 PM
StangChic StangChic is offline
Junior Member

I last here just diagnosed with strep (one if the wrist cases she's ever seen) when I instantly panic because my fur baby Missy (short for misdemeanor, she's a Bengal with attitude lol)
Has been my little Dr all snugly and stuck to me and I song want her to get it. I do hope y'all ate still around because not only did you make me feel better about my baby but you're all funny and made me smile.