Another arrival

Old September 16th 19, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default Another arrival

[A large pontoon barge motors across the lake and ties up to the cat-area dock. Liveried crew hop to the deck and extend a smooth ramp between boat and dock. very large Norwegian Forest Cat pushes a wheelchair from the barge to the dock. The liveried crew walk ahead, making sure that no roots or large rocks are likely to interfere with the wheelchair.

Francesca see the group approaching the lodge and runs excitedly to them.]

Countess! Countess! It's so good to see you! But last time I saw you you weren't in a wheelchair. What happened?

Countess: Hello, Francesca! Yes, it has been a while. Nothing major has happened, I just get tired more quickly than I used to. At the urging of my vet I using a wheelchair as my primary transportation, but I still get up and walk when my strength allows.

This looks like a lovely place! And that lodge looks wonderful. I believe I'll have my assistants get me checked in, then I think I'll lie down to rest for a bit, then I will return to socialize.
Old September 17th 19, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Daisy-chan helps her get checked into the Cat Lodge in a comfortable
room by hers and asks Prince if he can bring in a wood stock like he
did for her? He nods regally to the Countess and brings back 3 days of
wood after arranging the staff to keep the fire tended.

Old September 17th 19, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Thank you, dear. And you too, you handsome doggy. I am quite looking forward to the next few days, even though they are a very solemn event.

Countess Persia von Katzenplatz
Old September 18th 19, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[A handful of speed boats streak across the lake towards the kitty dock, and throttle down at the last minute. They pull up to the dock, a group of kitties exits from each, then the boats zoom off again - robotic boats, so they need drivers!

A large red tabby boycat and a beautiful orange girlcat lead the pack. They spot Sammy as they reach the end of the dock.]

Sammy: Aed! Morgana! Hi, gudgud to see you! It'z been a while.

Aed: Indeed it has - too long! But we're hear now. And we brought some friends. Remember the former Second World cats from the Antarctic who got stranded when their ice shelf broke off and became an island? We have been spending time with each other, getting acquainted with each other. [Aed turns around and gestures]

Sammy, this Norwegian Forest Cat is named O'Malley, and he's the leader of the Antarctic Second World cats. O'Malley, this is Sammy Redcat.

O'Malley: Sammy Redcat, it'z great to meet you! Really great! We hafen't had a lot of experience wif green and warm, so dis is a good experience fur usses.

[O'Malley turns to his people, whistles, and makes some paw gestures. All of the antarctic kitties start taking off their outerwear - heavy coats they had gotten used to wearing in their Antarctic caverns.]

Yes, dis is furry nice! And I smell fudz, an it doesn't smell like fish! Dis is great!

Sammy: Pleased to meet you, O'Malley! Welcome. Dis is a beautiful place. I fink I remember dat a lot of da cats in Community like to swim? Dis lake here isn't as warm as your hot springs, but it's no tootoo cold. Jocko said he didn't even really need his wet suit.