Postcards for Christopher

Old January 20th 05, 01:39 AM

Default Postcards for Christopher

Hello All,

My 6 year old son's cat died recently and his was pretty upset. He
even started his own website in her memory.
http://www.christopherc.name

When I came across this group I figured there would be someone here who
might take me up on this request. He is in kindergarten this year and
his teacher sent home a note yesterday and I would like to extend this
invitation to you!

"We are learning about maps and globes in our kindergarten class. I
would like to ask you a special favor. I am wondering if you could
send me a postcard to my school. You could write me a little note
telling me what it is like where you live. I will share it with my
class and we will look on the map to see where the postcard came from.
It will be a fun way for us to study maps!"

Please send the postcard to:

Christopher Coleman
c/o Mrs. Hoenecke's Class
Lakeshore Elementary School
3765 N 168th Street
Holland, MI 49424
USA

"Thanks very much!"

"Signed, Christopher"

If you would like to find more information about christopher, just
follow this link:
http://radiantphoto.fotopages.com

Please forward this on to anyone you think would send a card!
Thanks,
-Nick Coleman

Old January 20th 05, 02:07 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
at wrote on 1/19/05 7:39 PM:

[...]

That is so very sad. Please tell Christopher we are really sorry to hear
about his kitty.

Here is a lovely poem I read today that you might read to him:

I'm not gone...not really.
I haven't gone away...I've only gotten bigger.
My eyes, so bright, now shine among the stars.
My voice sings with the wind in winter, as I leap and dance among the tree
tops.
I stalk the blown leaves in autumn, and brush the flowers gently in the
spring.
I come to you in dreaming, on feet grown dreamtime soft,
And lay my cheek against yours, and whisper:
"Peace be with you."
Someday we will play again together, you and I, among the stars.
'Til then, fear not to love, for your love gave my life meaning.
And I return that love to you...a hundredfold...a thousandfold...
Forever.

author Audrey E. Nickel

Sincerely,
Karen

Old January 20th 05, 02:15 AM

I visited Gabby's website and saw the beautiful photo of her. Please
tell Christopher how sorry I am about Gabby. I lost my wonderful cat,
Bunny, five years ago. I still miss her, but I don't get as sad as I
did when she first died.

-Enid