the cat's prayer

Old November 9th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Default the cat's prayer

The Cat's Prayer.

Lead me down all the right paths.
Keep me from fleas, bees, and baths.
Let me in should it storm,
Keep me safe, fed, and warm.
Let the sun shine where I lay,
Keep me young so I may play.
And most of all....Bless the people I adore,
And guard me from the dog next door.

Source unknown (i.e. lifted from the internet!)

Old November 11th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

really love it!!

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com http://www.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com http://uc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com http://gc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com http://3700ad.gamestotal.com /a
a href=http://manga.gamestotal.com http://manga.gamestotal.com /a
Old November 11th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

" wrote: [...]

And PLONK go all posters from Google into my killfile.

Can't imagine why I hadn't done that a long time ago.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old November 11th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

" wrote: [...]

And PLONK go all posters from Google into my killfile.
Can't imagine why I hadn't done that a long time ago.

Why? This just sounds like a prejudice to me. There's always some
whipping boy on the net. First it was AOL users, then it was WebTV, and
now it's Googlegroups. I don't see any reason for dismissing a person
just because you don't like their ISP or newsreader. You don't know
their circumstances. What has this poster done to justify this attitude?
OK, the person has very poor writing skills. Maybe English isn't his/
her first language? Or maybe it's a child. I didn't see any content in
the posts to make me think I shouldn't give him or her the benefit of
the doubt, at least.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 11th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

" wrote: [...]

And PLONK go all posters from Google into my killfile.
Can't imagine why I hadn't done that a long time ago.

Why?

Because he/she was spamming. The bulk of those messages was the
list of links about games at the bottom - there was no real content
relevant to this group. The fake followup is a technique a lot of
spammers use.

Since the other major category of google postings is Chinese spams
about sports clothing, I'm not going to miss them.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old November 12th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

And PLONK go all posters from Google into my killfile.
Can't imagine why I hadn't done that a long time ago.

Why?

Because he/she was spamming. The bulk of those messages was the
list of links about games at the bottom - there was no real content
relevant to this group. The fake followup is a technique a lot of
spammers use.

Hmm... well, I won't argue with that since I don't know. I barely looked
at the sig line except to notice that it was big. When I saw something
about gaming sites I immediately lost all interest in it.

I did think the writing was terrible, but assumed it was from either a
kid or from someone outside of an English-speaking country. (If what you
say about Chinese spam is true, then I was probably right about that.)
We've had posts here before from people who are barely fluent in English.
We also have people here whose first language is English, yet they cannot
construct a decent English sentence. We give them all the benefit of the
doubt, and that's all I was doing with this person.

Now I suppose the nattering nannies will come out and remind me of how
"naive" I am, or will (LOL) criticize me by telling me that "I see the
best in everyone". (I sure wish all the criticism I receive could be
like that. ) I don't care. I've never been taken in by a con artist
in 54 years of living, and I've never purchased anything from a spammer.
So I figure that, even with all my horrifying good intentions, I must
be doing something right.

Joyce ^..^