Purrs for Lindy?

Old November 11th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Purrs for Lindy?

I took Lindy to the doctor today, because she hasn't been eating for the
past couple of days (except some after I made the appointment), and she has
thrown up a small amount about once a day for the past week.
We saw my regular vet's new partner, who looks about 15 years old. The good
news is that Lindy's heart and lungs are good. She needs some dental work,
if they decide she can handle the anesthetic. They took blood and urine and
gave her an infusion (She was a little dehydrated) and an appetite
stimulant. I have a new kind of food to try, as well as more of the appetite
stimulant (Mirzapine). She's supposed to get 1/4 tablet every 3 days. They
said if I can't get it down her, bring her in and they'll do it. She didn't
say whether or not they'd charge for that. They'll call tomorrow with the
test results and we'll see where we go from here.

She yelled for her dinner when we got home, and I gave it to her, even
though it was a little early. She is actually eating, but we'll see how much
she gets down - and if she keeps it down.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old November 11th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

[...]

Purrs for Lindy to get her appetite back and *keep* it once you're
done with the pills!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 11th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs on the way.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old November 11th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Many purrs for Lindy - that Mirtazapine is great stuff - I got Tucker to eat
using that (plus handfeeding him which he really really liked). I had
trouble getting the pill in him so I followed a vet tech's suggestion of
crushing the 1/4 pill and then mixing the powder pill in with a liquid med
he had to take and squirting it in with a syringe. Maybe you can crush the
pill and mix it in with some tuna juice or another thought might be to try
mixing it in with some Gerber's or Beechnut chicken baby food on a spoon
(which I also did). Hope this helps.
Christine

Old November 11th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Another idea which also helped with getting Tucker to eat - I go to a
specialty pet shop to buy my cat food and asked the owner (who is very
knowledgeable about pet foods and pet nutrition - both dogs and cats) for
suggestions that might get Tucker to eat - he steered me on to a pet food
brand called Weruva and they make a "Paw Lickin' chicken" canned food that
looks good enough for me to eat - Tucker would eat that when he wasn't
interested in his regular food at the time he was recovering from his
surgery. Here's hoping you can find some locally to try - here's a weblink
I found that tells you more about it - you could try ordering it?
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/produc...od/278000.aspx
Christine

Old November 11th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

i miss my cat..
he died on 19th of July 2008..
my brother accidentally hit him..
i did't stop crying for about 3days..
i miss u, ngek!!

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com http://www.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com http://uc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com http://gc.gamestotal.com /a a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com http://3700ad.gamestotal.com /a
a href=http://manga.gamestotal.com http://manga.gamestotal.com /a
Old November 11th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Joy" wrote in message

She yelled for her dinner when we got home, and I gave it to her,
even though it was a little early. She is actually eating, but we'll
see how much she gets down - and if she keeps it down.

It's always funny to me how demanding a cat can be, when it spends the
rest of its time either sleeping or turning up its delicate nose at
whatever we offer.

Hope she does well.

Jo

Old November 11th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Joy wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Lindy on the way, of course!

Jill

The latest on Lindy Joy Cat anecdotes 15 October 18th 08 11:03 PM
Lindy update Joy Cat anecdotes 18 June 29th 07 01:06 AM
Lindy is home Joy Cat anecdotes 8 July 22nd 06 04:14 PM
Lindy update Yoj Cat anecdotes 2 July 9th 05 09:19 AM
Lindy gets vocal Yoj Cat anecdotes 6 October 5th 04 01:13 AM