Challenge 24

Old August 7th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Jill: more update from Andy

outsider wrote in
:

Thanks. This info helps. My doc was pretty good this time too but I
have some work work to do so will update you a bit later. The soup
problem is even worse since I also put barley in it and can eat the
whole pot I love it so much but I do up some mushroom and pepper soup
which fits the low res a bit better. Glad to see your on the mend
too. More later.

Andy

Jill

Surgery for me is still not definite. My doctor thinks I may just need
to heal a few more weeks. I am supposed to get permission for another
cat scan Sat or Sun but I have not gotten that yet. I also shoud hear
about my white count today. The guy who did my colonoscopy had to go to
India because his mother died and my doctor does not know if we have all
of his notes but in either case my doctor is not 100% convinced my
infection was caused by my diverticulosis! I am not sure about that and
not sure it matters but he things it may be totally incidental. When
they first saw the large mass on the cat scan they though it was cancer.
They even said "probably". Whe the first white count came back at 17K
it was good news.

So I am returning to the low res diet in hopes of easing my "motion" and
I really hope I don't have to go back to the hospital unless and until
they do surgery.

Let me know what source (if electronic) you use for your diet. I have a
list of food but not suggested amounts and it sound like you have
amounts.

Thanks and keep getting better,

Andy
Old August 8th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default OT Health & Diet Update (WAS: Challenge 24)

jmcquown wrote:
I feel good, thanks! The surgeon wants to let my system get "back to
normal" before scheduling my surgery. I'm to call immediately (day or
night) so he can call in antibiotics if any of my symptoms return in the
meantime.

I've been off the liquid diet since before I was discharged from the
hospital. I have to eat a low fiber diet for a while. snip
Jill

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old August 8th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

outsider wrote:
I was going to ask you about all of this because I am having problems
dealing with the medical system here. My doctor was away when I was
admitted to the hospital but I don't think that is a good excuse. The gi
doc who did the colonoscopy is now in India with a family emergency so I
met with his boss but not one of my doctors seems to know what to tell me
to do. I was told to go back to normal foods but as I started dialing in
more fiber I think I started getting "stopped" up again. every time I
see a doctor it cost me a day fo work and a bunch of money. snip

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Challenge Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 0 December 3rd 05 02:56 AM
Challenge OT, hopefully fun tanada Cat anecdotes 13 May 4th 05 04:21 PM
Challenge OT tanada Cat anecdotes 3 April 29th 05 12:44 PM
Challenge Alison Cat health & behaviour 25 April 12th 05 04:19 PM
How about a challenge??????????? JHBennett Cats - misc 2 July 28th 03 01:55 PM