Purr Request From an Oldbie who hasn't been around in awhile...

Old December 15th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aim

Default Purr Request From an Oldbie who hasn't been around in awhile...

Hi all,
Many of you may not remember me anymore. Some might.
In 2002 my kittyboy Jasper died very suddenly and this group was there
for me, emotionally as well as to help with the incredible medical
bills. It was what spurred some of us to start a fund for kitties who
needed it. I don't know if that fund is still around.

Here's a link for those who weren't around, or don't remember:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...b745079a75e0da

So I'm healthy and happy, and my partner and i currently have 4 happy
healthy kittyboys. I will post some pictures later.

The reason I'm writing today is that I have had a chance to "pay it
forward" a couple of times over the last few years - once with a d*g who
needed surgery right when we happened to have a bit of a windfall, and
then again now. This time we can't cover the whole bill, and I'm hoping
others might be able or willing to help out.

Kimberly is a fosterer in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of her foster
babies named Roo has had some lung troubles. He's been at TED for over a
week now, and is slowly improving, though they still don't know the crux
of the problem. I will vouch for her honesty, and I know she'd
appreciate some help if anyone is able.

Here is a link to her livejournal posts about what's going on:
http://simplykimberly.livejournal.com/tag/roo
There is a paypal donation button there, and I will update as soon as I
have specific vet info for those who'd rather donate directly to the vet
office. Of coure purrs help as much as donations, as we all know.

I know I haven't been around, and probably have no business coming in
and asking for favors when I haven't been here (though I've been lurking
a bit) but this little kitty needs help. I've made a donation, but can't
pay the full $3k, much as I'd like to.

Thanks for anything you're willing to do, be it a donation or a purr.
And I'll post a proper update on my little family soon, I promise.

Aim
(Sam Brown, Calvin G Houlighan, Toby Roo and Sheldon Woo)
Old December 16th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Aim wrote:

Kimberly is a fosterer in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of her foster
babies named Roo has had some lung troubles. He's been at TED for over a
week now, and is slowly improving, though they still don't know the crux
of the problem. I will vouch for her honesty, and I know she'd
appreciate some help if anyone is able.

Here is a link to her livejournal posts about what's going on:
http://simplykimberly.livejournal.com/tag/roo

Hey, I've corresponded with this woman, via Livejournal. I must have
seen her comment on one of my friends' journals, or maybe a community
I belong to (there are several cat-worship ones, and I joined a bunch).
I think I wrote her just to tell her how adorable her icon is, with
the baby kitten draped over her shoulder front-to-back so it looks like
the kitty is looking over her shoulder. It's such a sweet picture.

Do you also live in this (SF Bay) area?

Joyce
Old December 17th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aim

Nope, I'm in the Seattle area, but have a lot of friends 9onoine and
off) who live in SF Bay area and know SimplyKinberly in person. As such
I know she's worth vouching for. I can;t imagine having a $3500 medical
bill for one of my guys. They had $1500 set aside and it's long gone.
Poor little guy.

Old December 18th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2007-12-17, Aim penned:
Nope, I'm in the Seattle area, but have a lot of friends 9onoine
and off) who live in SF Bay area and know SimplyKinberly in person.
As such I know she's worth vouching for. I can;t imagine having a
$3500 medical bill for one of my guys. They had $1500 set aside and
it's long gone. Poor little guy.

It goes fast. The week Oscar had surgery, it was $500 for an
emergency vet visit with x-rays, bloodwork, and fluids, then another
$2000 for surgery two days later, and I haven't even tried to tally
all the other stuff (prescriptions, misc. checkups, etc).

We were fortunate enough to be able to cover it ... but I would not
blame anyone who made the decision that they simply couldn't.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 21st 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Aim wrote:
Hi all,
Many of you may not remember me anymore. snip
So I'm healthy and happy, and my partner and i currently have 4 happy
healthy kittyboys. I will post some pictures later.

The reason I'm writing today is that I have had a chance to "pay it
forward" a couple of times over the last few years - once with a d*g who
needed surgery right when we happened to have a bit of a windfall, and
then again now. This time we can't cover the whole bill, and I'm hoping
others might be able or willing to help out.

Kimberly is a fosterer in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of her foster
babies named Roo has had some lung troubles. snip
Aim
(Sam Brown, Calvin G Houlighan, Toby Roo and Sheldon Woo)

Welcome back, Aim!
We are sending lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for Roo to recover
completely and really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

Purr request Joy Cat anecdotes 41 June 30th 07 02:53 PM
Purr request Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 82 October 10th 06 09:57 PM
Purr Request [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 35 February 27th 05 03:51 PM
Purr Request for Dad Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 25 December 31st 04 10:52 AM
Purr request for Sam Karen Cat anecdotes 60 September 17th 04 11:49 PM