Why Hello There!

Old August 6th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Why Hello There!

Jofirey wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Gracecat wrote:
Been a while, how is everybody?

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade.
(When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have
been
6 last month)

Pam! I was glad to read Rob came off hospice earlier this year. I
read
the newsgroup about twice a month and those six months worried me.
think he'll surprise us again with these latest MRI results. It's
been
too long since I talked to you on the phone, we need to change
that!

Mutt's still plugging along, she'll be 12 at the end of this month.
She's not as active as she was four years ago, but she's still
pretty
danged energetic.

Jody had a change of job duties earlier this month. Dad sold our
family business to a larger company and became a subsidiary. Short
term isn't as wonderful as it was being self-employed, but hey, we
have a nest egg. That's always nice.

Ian keeps me on my toes. I was diagnosed with general anxiety
disorder
but it's temporary. Ian has no fear and I have too much fear. For
now
whenever he manages a *******-toddler trick, I have my little panic
attack that OMG he could have gotten hurt, take a xanax and we move
on. (I really do say that tongue in cheek. It's that bad but the
panic
attacks are less than they were six months ago.)

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed.
Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western
side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

Always good to see you, Grace.

Boy toddlers have no fear. Then they grow into 4 year olds and have
even less fear than they did when they were toddlers. The Yowlet
(who is now 4 years, 4 months) enjoys playing 'hide and seek'. He
particularly likes playing this in malls, the beach, and other large
spaces with lots of hiding places, and has been known to just let
hismelf out of the front door to play hide and seek somewhere on the
street. What of course he doesn't do is *tell* us when he's about to
go hide. He thinks its funny. Countless sessions on the naughty
chair, withdrawal of junk food, toys and Tv, and even some good
bottom thwackings have yet to discourage him from this new hobby of
his. This is why I have grey hair.

Yowie

Yowie
You may have to have a traceable microchip installed on that boy!
They have them for kids that are good for about 200 yards.

All I need do is chip his Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix watch. The only time it
comes off his wrist is for baths and daycare, otherwise he even sleeps with
the darn thing stuck on his arm. He has no idea how to play the games on it
(nor do I, he lost the instruction manual before I got to read it) but woe
betide if anyone else touches it or tries to remove it. Boy howdy what a
racket!

Yowie

Old August 6th 08, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
Jofirey wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Gracecat wrote:
[...]

I heard a story about a boy like the Yowlet on the radio today. His family
was staying in a large hotel. The 3-year-old boy managed to get out of the
room down the stairs, and out a door into the hotel's parking area. It was
the middle of the night, he was cold and got tired of looking for his
family, so he curled up under a van in the parking lot. The father woke up
at 4 a.m. and found the door open and the boy missing. He woke up his wife,
and they searched the entire floor. Then they called hotel security, and
the police were also called. They searched for a couple of hours without
finding him. Finally, a policeman got down "in push-up position" in the
parking lot, and saw the boy's foot under the vehicle. He went around to
the other side and got him out. Thank the vehicle's owner didn't get in it
and drive off the lot before the boy was found.

Joy

Old August 6th 08, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Joy" wrote in message

snip

I heard a story about a boy like the Yowlet on the radio today. His
family was staying in a large hotel. The 3-year-old boy managed to
get out of the room down the stairs, and out a door into the hotel's
parking area. It was the middle of the night, he was cold and got
tired of looking for his family, so he curled up under a van in the
parking lot. The father woke up at 4 a.m. and found the door open
and the boy missing. He woke up his wife, and they searched the
entire floor. Then they called hotel security, and the police were
also called. They searched for a couple of hours without finding
him. Finally, a policeman got down "in push-up position" in the
parking lot, and saw the boy's foot under the vehicle. He went
around to the other side and got him out. Thank the vehicle's owner
didn't get in it and drive off the lot before the boy was found.

Thank goodness Cary can't read yet... this would just give him *ideas*.

Currently he seems to think I am a relative of Susan Sto Lat. I have been
handed one of his mini-golf clubs, and have been instructed - in his most 'I
order you to' voice - to thwack the ghost until the bad guy is dead, and
then 'squeeze' it so we can drink 'ghost juice' in the morning.

He drinks ghost juice because he decided he doesn't like milk, only juice
:-)

Yowie

Old August 6th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat

On Aug 6, 4:56*am, "Yowie" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

snip

[...]

.... thwack the ghost until it's dead and then we'll drink it's juices
in the morning...

Oh, dear.

ROFLMAO That's priceless. I love it.

Grace
Old August 7th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka

Been a while, how is everybody?

I know I don't post here much, but Grace, it's good to see you back!

Ian keeps me on my toes. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder
but it's temporary. Ian has no fear and I have too much fear. For now
whenever he manages a *******-toddler trick, I have my little panic
attack that OMG he could have gotten hurt, take a xanax and we move
on. (I really do say that tongue in cheek. It's that bad but the panic
attacks are less than they were six months ago.)

I'm glad you're getting treatment for it. Just be careful of the Xanax.
It can cause dependency. If the GAD gets worse or starts to become
more long-term, think about a daily maintenance medication. Doing so
has helped me a great deal, and I don't want to see anyone suffer
unnecessarily.

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed. Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

OOOH! Did you have a hurricane party?

Humorously yours,
Debby Hanoka
Slave To Kitty Schottland & Lilith Kitten-Mahoney
Old August 8th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat[_2_]

On 2008-08-07 16:16:51 -0500, Debby Hanoka said:

Been a while, how is everybody?

I know I don't post here much, but Grace, it's good to see you back!

Ian keeps me on my toes. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder
but it's temporary. Ian has no fear and I have too much fear. For now
whenever he manages a *******-toddler trick, I have my little panic
attack that OMG he could have gotten hurt, take a xanax and we move
on. (I really do say that tongue in cheek. It's that bad but the panic
attacks are less than they were six months ago.)

I'm glad you're getting treatment for it. Just be careful of the
Xanax. It can cause dependency. If the GAD gets worse or starts to
become more long-term, think about a daily maintenance medication.
Doing so has helped me a great deal, and I don't want to see anyone
suffer unnecessarily.

They actually have me on Lexapro for daily GAD medication. The Xanax is
..25 mg. It's a mental equivalent to a bubble bath *grin*. The idea was
that the Lexapro should keep the daily "what-if's" in check. The xanax
is just enough to get me back to the place I was before any
*******-toddler tricks occur. (Anywhere else the term *******-toddler
would mean something completely different wouldn't it?) I actually
had a prescription of 30 in January. The Lexapro keeps things generally
in check but the Xanax has been a godsend for those really scary
moments. Such as when I turned my back for a split second and he raced
around the back of the house to the front and hid behind a tree for
five minutes watching me run around like a deranged headless chicken.

It took several months before I reached out for help because every
other mother deals with toddlers deals with the same tricks and stunts.
I kept wondering why shouldn't I be able to do it. It was a hard
admission to make because it was coming nearly four years after the
accident.

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed. Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

OOOH! Did you have a hurricane party?

Humorously yours,
Debby Hanoka
Slave To Kitty Schottland & Lilith Kitten-Mahoney

No hurricane party. But we did order propane for the generator

Grace

Old August 8th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Gracecat wrote:
On 2008-08-07 16:16:51 -0500, Debby Hanoka
said:
[...]

Heh, I don't know of any mothers with toddlers that *do* cope. The ones I
know of have either found alchohol a pleasant refuge, have gone and gotten
'mood stabilisers' or have gone rather mad. I was on Zoloft.

When Cary went missing in the mall, I was in a terrible state. it passed,
but only due to a liberal application of alcohol and me b*itching about the
evils of children in my mother's ear. (I was amused by the irony, though)

You are doing what you have to, to be a good mother to Ian & Abi. No shame
in it, and really, other mothers don't cope just as you dont. But htey don't
say anything - its the mother conspiracy. They don't want to be seen as
incapable mothers and do their not-coping at home where you don't get to see
it. And thats *without* the extra trauma you have been through.

{{{{{Grace}}}}}

Yowie

Old August 8th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

You are doing what you have to, to be a good mother to Ian & Abi. No shame
in it, and really, other mothers don't cope just as you dont. But htey don't
say anything - its the mother conspiracy. They don't want to be seen as
incapable mothers and do their not-coping at home where you don't get to see
it.

Well put. And this applies to a great many things besides motherhood.
It's the great "Don't tell anyone I'm failing, or feel like I'm failing"
conspiracy. So everyone who's dealing with failure, or the fear of it,
deals alone.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 8th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Gracecat wrote:
Been a while, how is everybody?

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade. (When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have been
6 last month)

snip
Gracecat

We've missed you, Gracie!
Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old August 8th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Cheryl wrote:
*I* understand. Prior to my therapy and actually trying to face
this, my family didn't want to bring Eric's name up for fear of
how I would react. When I explained to them that I understood
that I was only focusing on the end of his life and not the 23
years of life I had with him, I told my family I wanted us to talk
about him whenever something reminded us of him. He was a total
clown and such a light-hearted being with a crazy sense of humor,
so of course there are so many stories my family has to share, and
I want to hear every single one of them. And I never want anyone
to hold back if they find themself mentioning his name. I never
want anyone to forget him.

snip

Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek