A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OT PING: Jill McQuown



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 7th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 643
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

Jill, I've been going over my recipe collection and I ran across your recipe
for squash casserole. That might be something that I can stomach these
days. Instead of yellow squash, I was wondering if you ever made it with
butternut, and if so, is it best to cook the squash first?

Thanks!

kili


  #2  
Old August 7th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,770
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

kilikini wrote:
Jill, I've been going over my recipe collection and I ran across your
recipe for squash casserole. That might be something that I can
stomach these days. Instead of yellow squash, I was wondering if you
ever made it with butternut, and if so, is it best to cook the squash
first?
Thanks!

kili


I've never made it with butternut. The texture would be completely
different.

Jill

  #3  
Old August 7th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 643
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Jill, I've been going over my recipe collection and I ran across your
recipe for squash casserole. That might be something that I can
stomach these days. Instead of yellow squash, I was wondering if you
ever made it with butternut, and if so, is it best to cook the squash
first?
Thanks!

kili


I've never made it with butternut. The texture would be completely
different.

Jill


Okay, fair enough. I love yellow squash, anyway. Thanks!

kili


  #4  
Old August 8th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,742
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

kilikini wrote:
Okay, fair enough. I love yellow squash, anyway. Thanks!


Also bear in mind that butternut squash is sweet, whereas yellow squash
is not.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
Send your spam he
Email me he

  #5  
Old August 8th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 643
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

Victor Martinez wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Okay, fair enough. I love yellow squash, anyway. Thanks!


Also bear in mind that butternut squash is sweet, whereas yellow
squash is not.


True. I didn't think of that, Victor. I love most squash. It's cheap and
it's tasty!

kili


  #6  
Old August 8th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,003
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Jill, I've been going over my recipe collection and I ran across your
recipe for squash casserole. That might be something that I can stomach
these days. Instead of yellow squash, I was wondering if you ever made it
with butternut, and if so, is it best to cook the squash first?

Thanks!

kili


Jill, this made me think of the web site I put up for you ages ago:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/TheChefsCat/ - we really never got around to
updating it completely, but I do still have all the recipes you gave me (and
my son, who's a wonderful cook, added some also).

Kili, there are two recipes for squash and I think one could be used for
butternut squash.

Ear Twitches,

CatNipped


  #7  
Old August 8th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 643
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Jill, I've been going over my recipe collection and I ran across your
recipe for squash casserole. That might be something that I can
stomach these days. Instead of yellow squash, I was wondering if
you ever made it with butternut, and if so, is it best to cook the
squash first? Thanks!

kili


Jill, this made me think of the web site I put up for you ages ago:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/TheChefsCat/ - we really never got
around to updating it completely, but I do still have all the recipes
you gave me (and my son, who's a wonderful cook, added some also).

Kili, there are two recipes for squash and I think one could be used
for butternut squash.

Ear Twitches,

CatNipped


Thanks, CatNipped! I've forgotten all about that website and haven't
checked it in a few years. I'll do so, now.

kili


  #8  
Old August 9th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,770
Default OT PING: Jill McQuown

CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Jill, I've been going over my recipe collection and I ran across
your recipe for squash casserole. That might be something that I
can stomach these days. Instead of yellow squash, I was wondering
if you ever made it with butternut, and if so, is it best to cook
the squash first?

Thanks!

kili


Jill, this made me think of the web site I put up for you ages ago:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/TheChefsCat/ - we really never got
around to updating it completely, but I do still have all the recipes
you gave me (and my son, who's a wonderful cook, added some also).

Kili, there are two recipes for squash and I think one could be used
for butternut squash.

Ear Twitches,

CatNipped


I still love what you did to Persia in that photo!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ping - Jill jofirey Cat anecdotes 1 March 6th 08 10:49 AM
Ping Jill Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 0 January 9th 06 05:24 AM
Ping Jill McQuown... a little bird told me that it's your birthday... cathyxyz Cat anecdotes 31 August 1st 05 12:40 PM
PING : Jill McQ Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 2 February 12th 05 04:31 AM
PING : Pamela Kish Hazellief and Jill McQuown Gizela Cat anecdotes 1 December 16th 03 03:27 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.