A cat forum. CatBanter

I think they got another one

Old April 19th 18, 08:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

Default I think they got another one

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 3, 2018.

In article , Lesley
Madigan wrote:

I am also on FB. I treat it as a tool nothing more. I've got in touch
with friends and family through it. A lot of both now live miles away
(Australia in one case every couple of years he flies back to England
for a couple of weeks and we use FB to co-ordinate meeting up). I make
new friends through it including a couple that I have then met in real
life. I am a member of a group where people sell clothes for the
larger ladies like me and I have picked up some bargains I nabbed a
lovely blue dress with brass buttons for 7 including postage the other
week that will be perfect for a forthcoming major interview (To bring
you up to date after Dave died I lost my job and I've been temping on
and off ever since but am now at a place where I really like it and
want to stay and my job is being made permanent so I have applied for
it and hope to get it)

I am also in a couple of widows support groups including one where we
swap decorating/DIY tips

So it has its uses

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Fireballs

I do use it mainly for RPCA and messaging friends and family as they never
really seemed to get the hang of email but they do use Facebook.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.
Old April 19th 18, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/19/2018 3:43 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
On 4/14/2018 8:00 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/8/2018 3:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:

Buffy is currently grooming herself in a puddle of sunshine after
batting a golf ball around the living room for a while.

Jill

I'm still here, although I don't post a lot.

Pickles is very sedentary, as she's getting on in years. Koala could
use a kitten to play with, but I'm not sure either Pickles nor I could
handle that. However, thanks to a friend, Koala has a couple of new
toys that are keeping him amused part of the time. They (the toys)
probably have names, but I don't know them. One has a weighted base,
with a curved "pole" sticking up. A "spider" is attached to a string
hanging from the "pole". The base contains a magnet, so if you start
the spider swinging, for a long time it will keep moving. The other
is about 8 inches around, with a solid top and bottom and three or
four holes in the sides. There is a toy mouse inside each hole. The
mice can be pulled out, but they are still attached.

Joy, I'm glad you're still here. I like hearing about Pickles and
Koala. I definitely understand your reluctance to introduce another
kitten into the mix! It's nice to hear those toys your friend gave you
are being enjoyed.

Buffy is still crazy about golf balls. When she wants to play she bats
them all over the carpeted living room. I can only imagine the racket
they'd make rolling on hardwood floors.

The thing about Buffy is, I *know* she plays all by herself during the
night. I find her toys rearranged in the morning. I've got a pretty
good memory for what toys are on the floor. A couple of days ago she
was after a furry toy on the fireplace hearth. It was a toy she'd
ripped to pieces when she first came to live here. I thought it was
long gone but she'd hidden it. She brought it out and was playing with
it during the night. She left it on the fireplace hearth. I swear, it
was not there when we went to bed.

Cats are fascinating.

Jill

Sootie loves ping pong balls and, Like Buff, bats them round the room but
I have to throw them first then get them from under the furniture where
she's hit them. It's good exercise for me.

I've got a plasterer doing some work in the bedrooms today with the
windows open (we're having a warm couple of days). Sootie was outside.
Then she was in the sitting room asking to be let out. A new game, in
through the upstairs windows, scare an innocent plasterer, then demand the
human opens the patio door. I'm waiting for the second round.

Judith

Smart Sootie, it's fun for all involved!

Jill

Old April 19th 18, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Cats often want to assist workmen. Kerry was annoyed when I stopped her
from helping the plumber fixing the bathroom sink!

Cheryl

--
Cheryl
Old April 19th 18, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

It's time for me to have them come out and service the HVAC unit. I
have a service contract and they come out twice a year, Spring and Fall.
Buffy gets so confoozled! There are pull down steps in the hallway to
get to the attic. She doesn't try to go up there but for the longest
time after they leave she sits in the hallway, staring up at the
ceiling. I think she believes there's someone still up there.

Jill
Old April 19th 18, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Mostly a lurker, but had to mention one of our cats (Molly) has gotten into
the attic several times, on one occasion being stuck there for two or three
days until my wife figured out where the meows were coming from (Fortunately
it was spring and the temps were mild). Whenever we try to get into the
attic we have to take steps to make sure she can't get to the pull-down stairs.

Gene
to make sure
Old April 19th 18, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:48 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Whew! I'm glad you found Molly! I'm sure she was thinking hmmmm, there
were stairs here went I went up...

Jill
Old April 21st 18, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 5, 2018.