A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat community
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Jellicle Ball 2014: The Rainbow Bridge appears!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 11th 14, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca
external usenet poster

Default Jellicle Ball 2014: The Rainbow Bridge appears!

[It is late at night at the Jellicle Ball. A few kitties and friends are sleeping, but most are still awake and enjoying the festivities. Some are quietly talking in the amphitheatre between tributes. Some are eating in the banquet area, the animals from Yosemite trying the kitties' favorite delicacies. Earlier, kitties were dancing, but for now Hercule Lenoir's orchestra is taking a break.

Rebecca steps to the front of the stage in the amphitheatre.]

Gud eevnin, kitteez an frenz. I hopez yoo iz awl injoyin dis yeer's Jellicle Ball. Dere iz plenny uv fudz fur efurryone, an da orkestra will play sum more after da mewsicianz takes dere break. [Rebecca smiles at Hercule.]

At dis time, yoo mite like to luk up at da sky.

[All those in attendance look up at the stars. At first, they see the familiar sky they are all used to. Then, very slowly, a shape starts to form. It gets brighter, and brighter, until it looks like an arch of some kind. Rebecca continues meowing.]

Once more Bast iz blessin owrownselvez by allowin ussez to see da Rainbow Brij an sum uv owr departid luvved wunz. Da Brij lukz espeshully brite dis yeer sintz we iz so far frum city litez. Luk klosely an tell ussez hoo yoo kan see.

[Kitties, doggies, bears, foxes, raccoons, and many others look at the Rainbow Bridge. As the vision gets brighter, cries of recognition are heard scattered through the group. Some see friends who went to the Bridge this past year. Some see others who went long ago. Those on the ground wave to those above, and vice versa. Rebecca waves at Anaïs an Unka Serge, Miss Violette, Little Kitty, and other friends, and they wave back. Rebecca meows again.]

I now invitez yoo awl to joyn myownself in singin Cat Anjil. Da toon iz da hoomin song "Teen Angel".

[Rebecca sings]

Dat faytul day, da call was herd
Dat tu da Bridj yewd go
I drew yew bak ana we wer sayf
Bud den I let yew go -oh-oh.

Cat Anjil, kin yew heer mee?
Cat Anjil, kin yew see mee?
Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Anna am I stil yewr own tru luff?

I noe yew tried tu stay fur me
Ana gif me wun moor purr
A smurgle warm ana heddbutt tuu
Ana grummin uv da fur

Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Yew wer sick ana tired tuu,
I cudnt mayk yew stay
I'll nefer smoov yewr fur agin
Yewr atta da Bridj tuday

Ar yew sumware up abuv,
Ana am I stil yewr own tru luff?

Cat Anjil, ansur mee pleeze...

[As the Bridge appears its brightest, the animals hear a response from those at the Rainbow Bridge]

Deerhartz, we kin heer yew
Deerhartz, we kin see yewww
We ar weighting up abuv
Ana we ar still yewr own tru luff.