OT Purrs requested

Old April 19th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default OT Purrs requested

---MIKE--- wrote:
Today I am going to the hospital for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy to
see what is causing my chest pains. (I already had two cardiograms and
a complete stress test - both negative for heart problems). Yesterday
(clean-out day) was not too pleasant.

Out of curiosity, what possible use would a colonoscopy be in
determining the cause of CHEST pains?
Old April 19th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

---MIKE--- wrote:
Today I am going to the hospital for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy to
see what is causing my chest pains. (I already had two cardiograms and
a complete stress test - both negative for heart problems). Yesterday
(clean-out day) was not too pleasant.

Ouch. I hope it's all over by now, but sending memory-erasing purrs.

Old April 19th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

---MIKE--- wrote:
Today I am going to the hospital for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy to
see what is causing my chest pains. (I already had two cardiograms and
a complete stress test - both negative for heart problems). Yesterday
(clean-out day) was not too pleasant.

Out of curiosity, what possible use would a colonoscopy be in
determining the cause of CHEST pains?

Actually, the intestine winds around inside your abdominal cavity,
and part of it is pretty high up. Ever get sharp pains in your chest,
only to realize it's just gas? Well, how would intestinal gas get
way up there, unless there's some *intestine* up there?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 19th 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Evelyn asked:

Out of curiosity, what possible use would
a colonoscopy be in determining the
cause of CHEST pains?

The endoscopy was for the chest pains (and nothing definite was found).
I had never had a colonoscopy and the doctor thought that I should have
one. Since I would be asleep for the endoscopy it made sense. I will
see the doctor on May 8th to discuss everything. Meanwhile I am to
continue taking Nexium.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old April 19th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Evelyn asked:

Out of curiosity, what possible use would
a colonoscopy be in determining the
cause of CHEST pains?

The endoscopy was for the chest pains (and nothing definite was found).
I had never had a colonoscopy and the doctor thought that I should have
one. Since I would be asleep for the endoscopy it made sense. I will
see the doctor on May 8th to discuss everything. Meanwhile I am to
continue taking Nexium.

Glad that's over for you. It does make sense to do both while you are
'out'. Especially since insurance is getting bad about wanting to pay for
'out' for just the colonoscopy.

Diagnosis isn't as easy as some might think with chest pain. There are
lots of places in there that won't feel like they hurt where they are. The
pain will show up somewhere else. Its called referred pain.

As an example, when I had a pulmonary embolism I was short of breath but it
didn't hurt where it was. But I did have excruciating pain just under my
collar bone. Other things like gall bladder problems and even the appendix
are famous for hurting where they aren't.

Jo

Job purrs requested Dan M Cat anecdotes 25 June 1st 06 12:36 PM
Purrs requested Pat Cat anecdotes 18 December 27th 05 07:00 PM
Yet More Purrs Requested jmcquown Cat anecdotes 32 May 2nd 05 04:17 AM
Purrs requested pmendhall Cat anecdotes 16 November 28th 03 12:54 PM