Sometimes I really hate people - Purrs please.

Old April 16th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Sometimes I really hate people - Purrs please.

wrote in news:4a216482-402f-4a03-84af-
:

I have started fostering cats and kittens for the RSPCA. I REALLY
don't agree with a lot of what the RSPCA does, but I do know the
Animal Welfare Officer very well and I figure that if I can provide a
foster space in a city without an RSPCA shelter then it means that one
more cat has a chance at a forever home without the risk of being PTS.

I have just had a phonecall from the Animal Welfare Officer, asking me
to take in an emergency case - a mumcat and kitten who had been thrown
in the river in a box and found by a dog walker who had called them.
Both are currently at the vets, kitten is 5 weeks old and has the
start of pneumonia, mum looks like a hat-rack, because she's obviously
not been fed and she has what appears to be CIGARETTE burns over her
back.

They're coming to me on thursday after they've been fully assessed/had
blood tests etc done, had 48 hours monitoring and the kitten has had a
hefty dose of her medication.

Mum is a tortoise-shell called Gemma. I need purrs and prayers for a
wee bitty girl-kitten who's also a tortoise-shell (as yet un-named)
and not very well.

Helen M

I would LOVE to catch a scumbag doing that to a helpless animal. I would
start with a bat upside their head just to stun them then I would break
their fingers one by one. Any time they started to fight back WHACK with
the bat again. The bat would work well to break their legs too. See how
many cats they can torture after that. Anyone ever watch Inland Empire?
If so, there is a description of something in there that would go well
too.

Ah, but enough of this fun. I hope the cats recover and do well.

Andy
Old April 16th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wrote:
[...]

OMG. How can people do that? I just don't understand. Bless you for
taking them in. Mega-purrs on the way for them.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 16th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Purrs a-plenty heading the way to Wales
Old April 19th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wrote:
[...]

How horrible!
Lots and lots of purrs,