Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome (long)

Old April 13th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome (long)

Two of Marilyn's kitties, who were willed to me and Louie and in a legal and
veterinary limbo which lasted several months, are now home with us.
it did well for the cat-wrWelcome to my little orphans, China-Doll and Randy,
who i think is going to want to be called Fella.

China Doll is stark, pure white, with bright green eyes. She is also a little
wiseass and we may do well to change her name to Houdini...

They were transferred to us yesterday. Randy had to go get one last vet check
before we could take him, but I got to hold China in the middle of Petsmart;
and a wispy memory of Odessa-Doll came wafting up to me as my new girl cut
one that turned the air in the place absolutely purple! GREAT. My first one-
on-one with China and turns out I get a farter. A charming, outgoing little
farter so I suppose we can call it friendly fire. She is qute an extrovert.
She'll get on her hind legs when you reach down to pet her so he can get
attention a second quicker; she talks a lot and mutters the occasional
cussword. She was born early December 2002 and fits in many ways the profile
of a typical Sagittarius. She even takes aim and fires like the fabled Archer.
..

I had to stay and do some work for the shelter. My first time out there
beating drums and raising funds outside of the Santa Claus thing every year.
So while i beat drums, Louie took the cats home to put into the computer room.
And whwn allwas done and i called to be picked up, I wondered why he took so
long. Seems China got out when Louie went to get his turban and he had to
spend the next half hour chasing her all over the house. Having gotten her
back up with her very nervous sibling, he went to get me. now the whole
process of driving to Petsmart, getting me, running through Timmy Ho's for a
cup of coffee and back home is about fifteen minutes on a good day. Good for
China--I'll be dipped in Meow Mix if she didn't get that door open again! I
found her nose-kissing Stosh and sitting on Odessa's Stair, the second step
going down to the basement. 'Come on, you little troublemaker," I told her.
"You need to keep your brother company awhile." And when I picked her up, she
dropped me another rose that had me lightheaded from the sudden lack of
oxygen. Odessa is, no doubt, over the Bridge and whispering to her. For those
who remember when we got the Odessa-Doll, she was a professional escape
artist and could hide like no one I'd ever known; but then, she was all black.
She could also fart at will, as I'm afraid China-Doll can. And as she is
plotting to get out, there is also little intellectual gears clicking in
there too. I have a feeling she'll be buddies with our other resident brain,
Roxie. This combination is scary. they may end up in the White House

Now Randy is a big guy who is a wuss at heart. The poor guy is very nervous
and has spent most of his time hiding. He was born July 2006. He wants
stability and security, and he's at his wits' end over all that's happened
these past 3 months. Typical Cancer the Crab! I SWEAR you could put stock in
the horoscopes if these two are an indicator! He comes out by bits and bits;
now he isn't behind the desk but under it, about two feet away from my feet.
he was in the turban shelf earlier; i took him out and held him a while, then
he sat on the desk and got some petting before going to chill out. He's gray
and white with handsome green eyes, and absolutely no teeth. The poor guy had
some serious gingival evil late last year, and they had to come out. i
understand he has no problem with can food, and no interest in the crunchy.
Right now he doesn't have a hell of a lot of interest in food period, poor
thing. Can we blame him? He loses his Mama, gets caught up in legal
horsepucky, had to stay with someone who got blind drunk almost nightly, then
gets uprooted and carried out and put into this room? Even with another
familiar cat around, one can't blame him for nerves. I just hope he ges an
appetite soon. I suppose the old saying might well stand true here, that when
he's hungry enough he'll come chow down. He's a great hugging cat. Big, soft
and cuddly, he is. I know he must be warming up to me a bit; he gave my hand
a little head-butting a bit ago, when i went to pet him and called him Fella.

I knew he didn't think of himself as Randy because he never responded to it
one way or another, and there are reasons I don't want to cal him that. For
one, too close to Brandy (who is so nonchalant about newcomers that she's not
bothering to camp out on the stairs, but then she and China were introduced
in yesterday's escape plot.) For another, it's too close to a name of a
friend who betrayed me after my marriage to Louie; for another, the cat's
ears perk up and he turns to look me in the face when I say "Hiya, Fella!" I
tend to go with what the cat likes; Stosh and Roxie were named because they
chose the names, and i think we have the same thing going on with this big
hunky guy.

They're such lovely little people. Marilyn, I promise to do my best to do
right by them, and thank you. I know you're looking down on them from the
better place you've gone to, and I know The Boss will provide well for them
and all of us.

Welcome, little ones, orphans no more.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 13th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 13, 9:12*am, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:
Two of Marilyn's kitties, who were willed to me and Louie and in a legal and
veterinary limbo which lasted several months, are now home with us.

I'm glad they are home! And it sounds like Odessa is directing China
frm over the Bridge!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 13th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Lesley wrote:
Two of Marilyn's kitties, who were willed to me and Louie and in a legal and
veterinary limbo which lasted several months, are now home with us.

I'm glad they are home! And it sounds like Odessa is directing China
frm over the Bridge!

Louie said the same thing last night, except there was a note of respectful
trepidation in his voice. I just can't help saying, it figures; one Dolly had
to leave us so she could go to a place where she could feel better, and
another comes with that SPECIAL kind of greeting!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 14th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Two of Marilyn's kitties, who were willed to me and Louie and in a
legal and veterinary limbo which lasted several months, are now home
with us.
it did well for the cat-wrWelcome to my little orphans, China-Doll
and Randy, who i think is going to want to be called Fella.

snip

Sounds like they've finally foudn their forever home! ConCATulations!

Jpgs?

Its funny how cats can pick up on the ghost of their predecessors. I am
absolutely 100% sure that both Pickle & Suki had a good chat with Shmogg
after they got here - it would explain why Pickle slept in the exact same
spot on my bed that Shmogg did for the first two nights, why Suki used to
rustle the blinds underneath my computer desk just like Shmogg did, and in a
way, made it easier for me to come to terms with having new owners. Now that
they've settled in, the pair of them have 'split' Shmogg's personality -
Suki has taken up the smoochy loving part that Shmogg only held for me, and
Pickle has taken over the role of the kooky smart one. Thats not to say they
don't have their own unique perosnalities as well, just that they are taking
on the jobs that were left vacant by the Shmoggster.

Clearly you needed to smell cat farts again. Its a way of always
havingOdessa around whlst also enjoying your new babies :-)

Yowie

Old April 14th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 13, 4:27*pm, "Yowie" wrote:

Its funny how cats can pick *up on the ghost of their predecessors. I am
absolutely 100% sure that both Pickle & Suki had a good chat with Shmogg
after they got here -

The day Issi started to show she was getting old and getting ready to
go see her sister Fugazi who had been over the Bridge a few years
sooner was when the current inbumbents of the post of Fabulous
Furballs were a week old maybe Bast told her to wait to make sure the
little ones would be strong and ready to bully the Hoomins when they
came (after all what would we do without an owner?) she then crossed
the Bridge in her sleep, in one of her favoured sleeping places behind
the sofa

When they arrrived guess where they slept their first night in their
new forever home?

Old April 14th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Yowie wrote:
Sounds like they've finally foudn their forever home! ConCATulations!

Jpgs?

If I can manage it; China seems outgoing enough for a camera but the newly-
dubbed Philip Drysdale Singh, Fella for short, is still in hermitage behind
the computer desk. He did at least purr for a contorted petting from Louie,
who had to learn some new yoga skills to get under there, but got visibly
peeved when we had to move some junk from behind the desk to get at him. He
was sound and comfy lying on some old ragged shirts. Now I have China-Dolly
on the desk with me. She is aptly named. A couple of years ago i bought these
kitty figurines from Flippy's Cat Page, these two tiny china porcelain
kitties with bright green eyes. They were meant to be longhairs, these
figurines; China has short but thick hair and a mini-mane growing about her
neck. And her tail! She has got the weirdest tail i have ever seen: it curls
over her back like a Siberian husky's. Not ike Stosh and Roxie, who just
point theirs right straight up. It flips on top of the back. More proof we
were meant to have weird cats.

Its funny how cats can pick up on the ghost of their predecessors.

After Odessa's "retirement" Roxie picked up on her favorite game of Tag. She
loves to be chased around now, and have us call out "Girl-Tag!' when we tap
her. (With Odessa we said "Tag-a-Dolly." Roxie is our Girly Girl, and will
trill it itf we call her Little Girl or Pretty Girl.) Roxie had also picked
up on the farting--she now has some strong competition for public display of
one's similarity to a bagpipe--and crawling into Odessa-Dolly's favorite
bedroom space, the shelf next to Louie's side of the bed where he keeps his
chess books. All the cats but Sabrina have taken their turns resting on
Odessa's Stair. I do think our Black Russian had some words from beyond with
Sabrina though; the Matron never trusted us enough to roll over and show her
belly until the night we had to send our Dolly to the Bridge, and since that
night Sabrina has never feared to go anywhere but the basement. Her previous
@$$#%!& Richard had locked her in a basement before we got her.

Clearly you needed to smell cat farts again. Its a way of always
having Odessa around whlst also enjoying your new babies :-)

Nothing like feline methane to rouse a person!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 14th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

Wow! Bless you and the new additions to your family.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 19th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Two of Marilyn's kitties, who were willed to me and Louie and in a legal and
veterinary limbo which lasted several months, are now home with us.
it did well for the cat-wrWelcome to my little orphans, China-Doll and Randy,
who i think is going to want to be called Fella.

snip
Blessed be,
Baha

They have found a great home with you.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

At Long Last jofirey Cat anecdotes 8 July 21st 07 03:51 PM
It's been a long long time Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 35 June 6th 05 04:15 PM
3 years of fleas! (long...sorry...it's a long problem) Foxsrus1 Cat health & behaviour 17 December 9th 04 06:46 PM
Back from a long weekend (and a long post!) Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 10 June 30th 04 09:29 PM
the long, long driveway Joyeux Chanson Cat anecdotes 3 June 11th 04 10:56 PM