Sometimes I really hate people - Purrs please.

Old April 15th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default Sometimes I really hate people - Purrs please.

We will purr and pray for the poor mama-cat and kitty.
Hope they recover real quickly and soon!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

wrote in message
I have started fostering cats and kittens for the RSPCA. I REALLY
don't agree with a lot of what the RSPCA does, but I do know the
Animal Welfare Officer very well and I figure that if I can provide a
foster space in a city without an RSPCA shelter then it means that one
more cat has a chance at a forever home without the risk of being PTS.

I have just had a phonecall from the Animal Welfare Officer, asking me
to take in an emergency case - a mumcat and kitten who had been thrown
in the river in a box and found by a dog walker who had called them.
Both are currently at the vets, kitten is 5 weeks old and has the
start of pneumonia, mum looks like a hat-rack, because she's obviously
not been fed and she has what appears to be CIGARETTE burns over her
back.

They're coming to me on thursday after they've been fully assessed/had
blood tests etc done, had 48 hours monitoring and the kitten has had a
hefty dose of her medication.

Mum is a tortoise-shell called Gemma. I need purrs and prayers for a
wee bitty girl-kitten who's also a tortoise-shell (as yet un-named)
and not very well.

Helen M

Old April 15th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Apr 15, 1:41*pm, wrote:
snip...
Mum is a tortoise-shell called Gemma. I need purrs and prayers for a
wee bitty girl-kitten who's also a tortoise-shell (as yet un-named)
and not very well.

Helen M

Healing purrs for Gemma and Baby.

Debbie

Old April 15th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
[...]

Lots of purrs and prayers for those poor kitties who were thrown in the
river, may those who did it get an itchy skin condition that cannot be
cured.
If you foster for the RSPCA, all will come with awful stories, some worse
than others. You are going to have to get used to it.
I like tortie & white as a colour. I think they are so beautiful - is it
called calico in USA?

Tweed

Old April 15th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Mega purrs on the way. I hope the scum responsible get what they deserve.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 15th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for the poor kits.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 15th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

Major PUUUUUUUUURS coming you way for the poor little kits
Hug
Kyla
--and Cats
"Kreisleriana"

Old April 16th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Things like that make me sick. I think I needed a cruelty warning on
this one.

Purrs for both the mom and baby cat.

Ginger-lyn