I think news got around

Old November 15th 15, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I think news got around

amongst the local cats that it's a seriously bad idea to trespass in
Boyfriend's garden. After he finally lost his temper and had that bad fight
with the black cat that was bullying him where he got very beaten up
himself, I have never seen a cat in the garden since.
He's regained all the weight that he lost through bullying stress and now
maintains his weight fine on his normal diet. His garden is now his own
again and he can go out safely whenever he wants. Yay!
There are several cats that live over the road, but they never set a foot in
Boyfie's place now. One of them is shut out all day and spends a lot of
time on his doorstep but doesn't dream of exploring "the garden of that
dangerous tabby & white boy, who nearly killed somecat, we heard"

So I guess it was worth it; getting beaten up by a younger cat so badly that
he could hardly move for a week sent it away for ever. Poor lad, he likes a
quiet life and now he's got it. No cats come here now so there are no
fights about "you are too near the back door into my house"
I was really worried when he was fighting because he is now 13 but luckily
he now has a reputation in the neighbourhood as a cat not to be messed with
;-)

Aww, you should have seen him after his fight..he wasn't bitten but I had to
help him onto his bed because he couldn't jump. I knew he'd been in a fight
because some of his fur was pulled out and sort of dangling. If I hadn't
seen that, I would have said he'd been hit by a car. It took him several
weeks to recover. but hey, nocat messes with Boyfie once he decides that
enough is enough.

Tweed

Old November 18th 15, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
..

Sometimes when Sootie is in our garden she keeps looking over to the gap
in the fence where Marvin from next door comes through, Sometimes she
comes in bouncy and sometimes a bit down and edgy. I think she still feels
the need to chase him off and fight if necessary. He is much bigger than
she is but she's more determined.

Judith

It's natural for cats who live next door to each other to have boundary
disputes. Kitty Farmcat & Sally use to have minor arguments about the
orchard. Strictly speaking, it was Sally's, but Kitty thought it was hers.
They sometimes fought about it so I talked to Alan, Sally's dad about it.
He said "their boundaries are not ours, let them sort it out between
themselves" wise words. Unfortuntely he's not with us any more.
It's whole different thing when a young cat arrives out of the blue and
makes your cat's life a misery by being in his garden and trying to get into
his house and fighting him every day. No wonder Boyfie lost weight.
Anyway, it culminated in a huge fight eventually and Boyfie got hurt, but he
won.
No cat comes into his garden now: the neighbourhood cats think he's more
than dangerous now - a psycho cat.
Which is a good idea as all he wants is a quiet life. His ideal day is make
mummy get up early for his breakfast and then make sure I watch TV all day
so he can sleep on my knee.
Tweed