I have a visitor

Old August 11th 03, 04:39 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:58:21 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

Good luck in finding the owner or at least a good home - he was indeed
fortunate that it was you who came across him - best wishes for all to go
well with the vet visit.

Thank Lois. He's a friendly chappie who is now on to his fourth bowl of food
;-)

Sounds like a stray who has trained himself to eat to full capacity when
food is available, because he can't be sure when he'll encounter more.
My Patches was like that when he first came to me - he'd empty his own
bowl, then polish off whatever Miu had left of his for later snacking.
(But it's astonishing how quickly an ex-stray learns to be fussy, once
it realizes there'll always be a next meal!)

Right you are! Back when I was luring my mostly white, black and white
tom inside so I could capture him and take him in to be checked and
neutered, he'd eat a full can of Friskies, and then move on to the dry
food. Now that he's become my Rocky (or more correctly, I've become
his human), he turns up his nose at Friskies, and only eats small
portions, expecting me to give him more when he wants it. He's still
uncomfortable inside, so eats outside - which creates a problem, as I
don't want the strays I feed to decide they also should be eating
better ;-)
Old August 11th 03, 05:01 AM
Marina

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote
I have a visitor…

F&N applaud your kindness in taking care of the little tyke, but Frank
especially hopes you find other lodgings for him soonest. He doesn't want no
strangers hanging around his ladycat. And a black and white one, at that!

Purrs that he is (re)homed soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 11th 03, 05:10 AM
Tanada

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
two full pouches of catfood.

I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.

Purrs and good wishes for unknown cat to find his slaves, or his
onetruehome. Thank Bast that s/he found the right people to help it.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old August 11th 03, 05:28 AM
LOL

omcom (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote in message ...
I have a visitor…

Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet lanes
of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black and
white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat which
is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is
one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be
quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I see it
has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other gum
problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth. When
the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"

To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
two full pouches of catfood.

I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.

Cheers, helen s
Sunday, 10 August 2003

Awww, poor little fellow. We are sending purrs that this is just an
Otis-type situation, and that his meowmie/paw turns up first thing
tomorrow. :-)

In the meantime, wasn't he lucky to have found you? You must have
been wearing your "sucker" sign. :-D

------
Krista
Old August 11th 03, 07:11 AM

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the
quiet lanes of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!"

That's so sweet that you rescued this cat. I hope he belongs to someone
and they're found ASAP!

But enquiring minds want to know: how did you get this cat home on your
bicycle??

Joyce
Old August 11th 03, 09:22 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!

Found!!!

This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the people
who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 11th 03, 09:25 AM
Yoj

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in
message ...
Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his

jaw
is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!

Found!!!

This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in

the
surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the

people
who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been

gone 2
months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

Cheers, helen s

Wonderful! I love happy endings!

Joy

Old August 11th 03, 09:31 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

And I forgot to put in a big thank you for all the purrs you guys sent. Slap my
wrists!!! I'm sure the purrs helped :-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Old August 11th 03, 11:40 AM
Lisa Katt

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX skrev i meddelandet
Awwww...such a lucky kitty!!! Lucy is purring up a storm that his jaw
is ok and he finds his way home, wherever that may be!

Found!!!

This morning I went on "owner hunt". I called into lots of places in the
surrounding villages. The cat is called "Tetley" and he belongs to the

people
who have a small post office in one of the villages. Tetley had been gone 2
months and they were very, very pleased to see him.

Cheers, helen s

Oh, what a happy ending! Wonderful!
Elisabet

Old August 11th 03, 01:16 PM
Adrian

[...]

Presumably PACT will be able to scan for a microchip, I hope the cat is home
soon.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.