Telling tales

Old May 25th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Telling tales

Kitty is very norty, she is getting so old that she often can't be bothered
to go outside to wee, and will often try and wee behind the woodburner if I
don't encourage her to go outside.
Boyfie alerted me to this tonight.. "Look, look.. she's gone behind the
woodburner to wee" I banged the stove with a stick to get her out and
insisted she went outside which she did and came in 5 mins later very
relieved.
I'm not annoyed with her. I think she is so old she forgets where toileting
is appropriate sometimes.
She does great, if, as the vet says, she's around 20 years old now if she
was 18 two years ago..
My own guess would be 16/17, but who knows how old Kitty Farmcat is, as we
will never know for sure and she certainly won't tell!

Tweed

Old May 25th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-25 17:39:44 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

Kitty is very norty, she is getting so old that she often can't be
bothered to go outside to wee, and will often try and wee behind the
woodburner if I don't encourage her to go outside.
Boyfie alerted me to this tonight.. "Look, look.. she's gone behind
the woodburner to wee" I banged the stove with a stick to get her out
and insisted she went outside which she did and came in 5 mins later
very relieved.
I'm not annoyed with her. I think she is so old she forgets where
toileting is appropriate sometimes.
She does great, if, as the vet says, she's around 20 years old now if
she was 18 two years ago..
My own guess would be 16/17, but who knows how old Kitty Farmcat is, as
we will never know for sure and she certainly won't tell!

Tweed

Is it possible to put a little tray back there for the old girl?

Old May 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Kitty is very norty, she is getting so old that she often can't be bothered
to go outside to wee, and will often try and wee behind the woodburner if I
don't encourage her to go outside.
Boyfie alerted me to this tonight.. "Look, look.. she's gone behind the
woodburner to wee" I banged the stove with a stick to get her out and
insisted she went outside which she did and came in 5 mins later very
relieved.
I'm not annoyed with her. I think she is so old she forgets where toileting
is appropriate sometimes.
She does great, if, as the vet says, she's around 20 years old now if she
was 18 two years ago..
My own guess would be 16/17, but who knows how old Kitty Farmcat is, as we
will never know for sure and she certainly won't tell!

Tweed

I believe that as cats age, they do get a little bit of the equivalent
of human alzheimer's-type symptoms. Cherokee was 17. Sometimes he would
do something *very* out of character, something he knew better. I'd
walk in and he'd be sleeping on the table. Then he'd act very shocked
and would seem to suddenly realize he was sleeping on the table, and
jump down. He *never* got on the table till he got old.
He did start to wee in odd places, but that was at the very last when
his kidneys started to fail.

Sherry

Old May 26th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-25 17:39:44 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

[...]

I wish! There is only about a 6 inch gap either side no way to get a tray
in. I would if I could. I'm surprised she can worm herself in there.
She actually knows she shouldn't do it as when she has she flies outside
immediately.

Tweed
PS. She does *not* have a UTI, she has become very lazy in her old age,
that's all it is.

Old May 26th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It happens with elderly dogs, too. When my dog Sampson (RB) started
exhibiting some unusual behavior such as growling and snapping at me, I
discussed it with his vet. She said it's "doggie dementia" and the simple
fact was if I came up on him quickly he didn't immediately know who I was so
he treated me like he would a stranger and also wee in innappropriate
places. Towards the very end, he walked behind an open door and was between
the door and the wall. He was crying because he couldn't figure out how to
get back out. There are medications for this for dogs; probably for cats,
too, just to get them back to more normal behavior.

Jill

Old May 26th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 25 May 2006 23:39:44 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

Kitty is very norty, she is getting so old that she often can't be bothered
to go outside to wee, and will often try and wee behind the woodburner if I
don't encourage her to go outside.
Boyfie alerted me to this tonight.. "Look, look.. she's gone behind the
woodburner to wee" I banged the stove with a stick to get her out and
insisted she went outside which she did and came in 5 mins later very
relieved.
I'm not annoyed with her. I think she is so old she forgets where toileting
is appropriate sometimes.
She does great, if, as the vet says, she's around 20 years old now if she
was 18 two years ago..
My own guess would be 16/17, but who knows how old Kitty Farmcat is, as we
will never know for sure and she certainly won't tell!

Tweed

Your two are really amazing. Kitty FC is a phenomenon in herself, and
Boyfie seems to keep an eye on her.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 26th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

You usually learn when they need to go outside as well. At least as long as
they stay fairly regular.

Jo

Old May 26th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, the sweet old lady. Give her extra skritches and hugs from us.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 26th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-25 18:18:39 -0500, "Christina Websell"

On 2006-05-25 17:39:44 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

[...]

No, it is like that when they get to that age. Can't really blame her
too much. Sometimes I feel old at 40, let alone the 93 or so she is in
hoomin years.

Old May 26th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-25 18:54:20 -0500, Kreisleriana said:

[...]

I think Boyfie keeps Kitty FC in good shape and has been very good for her.