More kitty tales

Old September 10th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default More kitty tales

Smudge and I went for a walk earlier this evening. I should note that
while I'm the one who started this ritual, she is now the one who
initiates all the walks. This is an important part of our weekend
activities, apparently.

I usually walk along at a good clip, turning around occasionally to make
sure Smudge knows where I am. Sometimes she'll go into someone's yard
and get distracted, and then she'll suddenly start meowing loudly when
she realizes she doesn't know where I am anymore. This happened this
evening, so I called out to her to get her back onto the sidewalk and
following me. She emerged from some bushes and came trotting down the
street toward me, meowing every other second. But because she was trotting,
it sounded like, "Meow-ow-ow-ow! Meow-ow-ow-ow! Meow-ow-ow-ow!"

A little while later, we were repeating this scenario, when an orange
kitty came out of a yard and started slinking along behind Smudge. Smudge
didn't notice him at all at first. Finally, she turned around, saw him,
and let out a long warning growl/meow. He turned his head about 90 degrees
to the side in an overstated "I am not a threat" gesture. Still, she
continued to growl at him. He kept averting his eyes, but she remained
unfriendly. I kept saying, "It's OK, Smudge, it's OK," which is usually
a panacea for her. I really think he just wanted to meet her and say
hello. He didn't seem to have any aggressive intentions at all.

We encountered two more cats on the walk, and Smudge was very unfriendly
to both of them. She really doesn't seem to like any other cats!

Joyce
Old September 12th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Sep 9, 10:36 pm, wrote:
[...]

Joyce,
I'm sorry I missed this story, it is a shame when really good stories
get lost in a flood of messages similar to what has taken place
recently. Anyway, I very much enjoyed your story and can just picture
Smudge running after you, telling you to wait, he has to tell you what
he saw and his voice modulating with each step. He was probably
protecting you from all the other kitties, either that or telling them
that there is no more room at home. Go find your own Meowmy.

Thanks for the story. I didn't snip any part of it in case someone
else might have missed it in the flurry.

Julie

Old September 12th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

GaDragonfly wrote:

Joyce,
I'm sorry I missed this story, it is a shame when really good stories
get lost in a flood of messages similar to what has taken place
recently. Anyway, I very much enjoyed your story and can just picture
Smudge running after you, telling you to wait, he has to tell you what
he saw and his voice modulating with each step. He was probably
protecting you from all the other kitties, either that or telling them
that there is no more room at home. Go find your own Meowmy.

Thanks for the story.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Smudge is always doing something cute and
unusual, so there will probably more where that came from.

Joyce