I thought I was dying

Old August 2nd 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I thought I was dying

Pat wrote:

I sure hope it's not my GB, and it shouldn't be....

I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack. Ironically I had received an email
yesterday from a friend (one of those "send to 10 friends and you might
save lives" types of things) about how heart attack symptoms are different
in women from what we all have heard about and seen throughout our lives,
when men have them. In fact, your symptoms sounded a lot like what had been
described in the email, and I got worried at first.

But then I thought that diarrhea wasn't really a symptom of heart attack -
throwing up, *maybe*. It sounds more like you had either a virus or had
eaten something that was a bit spoiled, or that you had a bad reaction to.
In which case, the intense feeling of pressure was most likely gas. Gas
can be quite painful, as I'm sure a lot of people know already!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Pat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote

| Irulan wrote:
| wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
| something similar happen to me years ago,
| which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
| thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
| to have my gall bladder removed and thank
| goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
| starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
| in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
| hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
| up to then.
| Good luck!
|
| Lily & her mama
|
| I didn't think of gall bladder, but that could be it, too. I need mine
out,
| but mine is complicated from my previous surgeries. I can't get it done
| laparoscopically (I have no belly button) and my lower abdominals have
been
| removed to rebuild my chest. The complication is that the muscles' blood
| supply is still attached to my waistline. If a surgeon cuts through that
| blood supply, the muscles die.
|
| So, to help avoid more surgery, I have once again drastically changed my
| diet. Pretty soon I'll be down to just water. :-/
|
| kili

I sure hope it's not my GB, and it shouldn't be.... That's something that
happens when the GB gets worn out from dealing with too much fat and oil in
the diet,

Too much or too LITTLE fat! (The gall-bladder needs SOME fat, in order
to function properly!) Fortunately the doctor I had at the time I
experienced gall bladder problems a good many years ago was very
conservative about performing surgery "just in case". I was on
Nutrisystems (which at that time eliminated too much fat for proper
gall-bladder function). They've changed that long since, due to a
class-action suit lodged by people whose doctors were not so
conservative as mine. I didn't know about the lawsuit at the the time,
so did not participate, but apparently their diet was the source of my
distress. I learned to avoid the things that seemed to trigger my
attacks - eggs, alcohol, and a couple other things I don't remember,
now. Eventually, once I'd returned to a normal diet, the attacks
stopped, and I still have my gall bladder. (And eat eggs and drink
alcoholic beverages without discomfort.)

Old August 2nd 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

Sorry that you had to deal with it. :-(

kili

Not half as sorry as you would be if you had to deal with mine ;-)

I find that if I've got trapped wind, a gentle massage of the
abdomen will help work it down to the lace where it can be
released. I am quite musical, too. I also once farted on a loose
floorboard. There was a cat attached to the other end of the
floorboard. A cat doing its crab impersonation with tail like a
Christmas tree six feet off the ground is quite amusing. In the
bath, in can prolong the effect of bubble bath. In a cold night, it
can warm the duvet. When one has a boyyfriend, you know you're on
the track to a long-term relationship when you are both comfortable
being on farting-terms ;-) Strike no matches.

F*rt proudly, Helen. You know your marriage is secure when you not
only are comfortable with each other's gas, but glory in it. Rob is
a professional, but appreciates my amature efforts to emulate the
master. Pam S.

Ben prides himself on being able to belch actual words! Aren't men
just lovely creatures!? ;

Happy Tails,

CatNipped

You certainly wouldn't wany butt sniffs with all this f*rt*ng goning on. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 2nd 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

bastXXXette
Pat

I sure hope it's not my GB, and it shouldn't be....

I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack. Ironically I had received an email
yesterday from a friend (one of those "send to 10 friends and you might
save lives" types of things) about how heart attack symptoms are different
in women from what we all have heard about and seen throughout our lives,
when men have them. In fact, your symptoms sounded a lot like what had
been
described in the email, and I got worried at first.

But then I thought that diarrhea wasn't really a symptom of heart attack -
throwing up, *maybe*. It sounds more like you had either a virus or had
eaten something that was a bit spoiled, or that you had a bad reaction to.
In which case, the intense feeling of pressure was most likely gas. Gas
can be quite painful, as I'm sure a lot of people know already!

Yes, gas can be quite painful. GasX usually works for me. And Rolaids.
I can't have anything done about anyting without health insurance,
so if I have a heart attack, or my gall bladder goes, I'm doomed.
Blasted gummet :/
Oh well. Nothin I can do bout that.
Kyla

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

Yes, gas can be quite painful. GasX usually works for me. And Rolaids.
I can't have anything done about anyting without health insurance,
so if I have a heart attack, or my gall bladder goes, I'm doomed.
Blasted gummet :/

Actually, it's illegal for a medical establishment to refuse treatment
to someone who can't pay, if it's a life-and-death emergency. So in those
cases, you wouldn't be doomed. You just wouldn't be able to get preventative
treatment which would (1) lessen the likelihood of the emergency happening,
and (2) cost said medical establishment money if they had to eat the cost.

Oh well. Nothin I can do bout that.

In California, we have a single-payer initiative going through state
congress. I feel quite sure it will be defeated this time around (and it
won't be the first time), but so far, it's the Initiative That Wouldn't
Die, so, just like Arnold*, it will "be back". I'm surprised that
Washington State doesn't have something similar.

(*Arnold Shwarzenegger, governor of California - to my unending
embarrassment)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

"Butt sniffs"!!! Yet another good sign-off! ;

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

[...]

Heck, I don't remember the last time the governor of California wasn't
an embarrassment. At least Arnold dresses well and pays his own
bills. He is starting to look rather 'preserved' though isn't he?

Jo

Old August 2nd 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Pat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote

| Irulan wrote:
| wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
| something similar happen to me years ago,
| which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
| thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
| to have my gall bladder removed and thank
| goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
| starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
| in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
| hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
| up to then.
| Good luck!
|
| Lily & her mama
|
| I didn't think of gall bladder, but that could be it, too. I need mine
out,
| but mine is complicated from my previous surgeries. I can't get it
done
| laparoscopically (I have no belly button) and my lower abdominals have
been
| removed to rebuild my chest. The complication is that the muscles'
blood
| supply is still attached to my waistline. If a surgeon cuts through
that
| blood supply, the muscles die.
|
| So, to help avoid more surgery, I have once again drastically changed
my
| diet. Pretty soon I'll be down to just water. :-/
|
| kili

I sure hope it's not my GB, and it shouldn't be.... That's something that
happens when the GB gets worn out from dealing with too much fat and oil
in the diet,

Too much or too LITTLE fat! (The gall-bladder needs SOME fat, in order to
function properly!) Fortunately the doctor I had at the time I
experienced gall bladder problems a good many years ago was very
conservative about performing surgery "just in case". I was on
Nutrisystems (which at that time eliminated too much fat for proper
gall-bladder function). They've changed that long since, due to a
class-action suit lodged by people whose doctors were not so conservative
as mine. I didn't know about the lawsuit at the the time, so did not
participate, but apparently their diet was the source of my distress. I
learned to avoid the things that seemed to trigger my attacks - eggs,
alcohol, and a couple other things I don't remember, now. Eventually,
once I'd returned to a normal diet, the attacks stopped, and I still have
my gall bladder. (And eat eggs and drink alcoholic beverages without
discomfort.)

BTW, what *does* a gall bladder do?!

Happy Tails,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Oopsie! I wrote:

Actually, it's illegal for a medical establishment to refuse treatment
to someone who can't pay, if it's a life-and-death emergency. So in those
cases, you wouldn't be doomed. You just wouldn't be able to get preventative
treatment which would (1) lessen the likelihood of the emergency happening,
and (2) cost said medical establishment money if they had to eat the cost.

I should have said, "You just wouldn't be able to get preventative
treatment, which would

(1) lessen the likelihood of the emergency happening, and
(2) cost said medical establishment *LESS* money if they did have
to eat the cost."

Of course it would cost them money. But preventative care costs less
than emergency care.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

Pat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote

| Irulan wrote:
| wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
| something similar happen to me years ago,
| which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
| thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
| to have my gall bladder removed and thank
| goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
| starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
| in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
| hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
| up to then.
| Good luck!
|
| Lily & her mama
|
| I didn't think of gall bladder, but that could be it, too. I
need mine out,
| but mine is complicated from my previous surgeries. I can't get
it done
| laparoscopically (I have no belly button) and my lower
abdominals have been
| removed to rebuild my chest. The complication is that the
muscles' blood
| supply is still attached to my waistline. If a surgeon cuts
through that
| blood supply, the muscles die.
|
| So, to help avoid more surgery, I have once again drastically
changed my
| diet. Pretty soon I'll be down to just water. :-/
|
| kili

I sure hope it's not my GB, and it shouldn't be.... That's
something that happens when the GB gets worn out from dealing with
too much fat and oil in the diet,

Too much or too LITTLE fat! (The gall-bladder needs SOME fat, in
order to function properly!) Fortunately the doctor I had at the
time I experienced gall bladder problems a good many years ago was
very conservative about performing surgery "just in case". I was
on Nutrisystems (which at that time eliminated too much fat for
proper gall-bladder function). They've changed that long since,
due to a class-action suit lodged by people whose doctors were not
so conservative as mine. I didn't know about the lawsuit at the
the time, so did not participate, but apparently their diet was the
source of my distress. I learned to avoid the things that seemed
to trigger my attacks - eggs, alcohol, and a couple other things I
don't remember, now. Eventually, once I'd returned to a normal
diet, the attacks stopped, and I still have my gall bladder. (And
eat eggs and drink alcoholic beverages without discomfort.)

BTW, what *does* a gall bladder do?!

Happy Tails,

CatNipped

Strictly from recall, will accept correction from any informed source,

The gall bladder stores bile and releases it into the small intestine
as needed to digest fat.

The absence of one can cause problems with digesting a lot of fat at
one time, but nothing like the pain if a stone scratches the bile
duct.

I had a close friend die last year from the aftermath of undiagnosed
gall bladder problems. All the doctors thought it was back problems
until the gall bladder abscessed and destroyed her kidneys in the
process. She wasn't a candidate for a transplant and finally had
enough of dialysis.

Jo

A Thought for Today Kyla =^. .^= Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 08 09:51 PM
O. T. but cute, I thought Granby Cat anecdotes 25 February 10th 08 10:35 PM
Pearl in thought Karen Cat anecdotes 5 March 25th 05 01:57 AM
Who would have thought... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 18 July 4th 04 09:19 PM
And I thought my cat was fat... Rona Yuthasastrakosol Cat health & behaviour 34 April 7th 04 05:33 AM