Anyone know what happened to Mike?

Old December 12th 16, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Anyone know what happened to Mike?

Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

Jill
Old December 13th 16, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
Hampshire?

Joyce
--
- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
Old December 13th 16, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/12/2016 6:22 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
Hampshire?

Joyce

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.

Jill
Old December 13th 16, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
Hampshire?

Joyce

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.

I remember Cotton. Also, I think he had one or two other cats before
that who went to the bridge, but I can't remember their names.

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own sensuality,
we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old December 13th 16, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:

Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
Hampshire?

Joyce

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.

I remember Cotton. Also, I think he had one or two other cats before
that who went to the bridge, but I can't remember their names.

Yes, Cotton was a recent adoption after his other cats went to the RB.
It's worrisome when a person of that age stops posting.

Jill
Old December 13th 16, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 6:02:24 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

Jill

I believe he lives in Twin Mountain, NH. I found an older post that mentions his PO Box and address.
Old December 13th 16, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Yes, the same thing happened with MLB (Marie). She was in her 90s. I don't
think we ever found out what happened with her, but it's not unreasonable
to think she might've gone to the bridge, in which case I hope Roxy is giving
her head rubs!

Joyce
--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.