My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

Old June 4th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

On 3 Jun, 19:06, sheelagh wrote:
On Jun 3, 6:35 pm, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

sooooooooooooo sorry you americans take yourselves so bloody
seriously, were you not aware that pretty much the rest of the world
think you as a nation are a bunch of inbred, ignorant warmongerers?

LOL - Say what you want. You're just jealous.
And besides Vietnam, I cannot think of any war in recent memory in which
the Brits weren't fighting alongside the US - unless you include the
Falklands War which was just another desperate attempt by the UK to hold
onto the remains of their once mighty and vast empire. In this case,
they were defending an island populated mainly by sheep.

were you not aware of how much the rest of the world laughs at you all
and think you're all morons?

We laugh at you and statements like yours prove you're morons.

ignorance is bliss isn't it? at least we
brits can laugh at ourselves when required, we can take a bit of a dig
at the way we live and admit that some aspects of our society as far
from perfect, can't say teh same about you yanks.

That's because you're ignorant - Is it as blissful as you say?

anyway, no law against hating americans and considering them to be not
even worthy enough for me to wipe my feet on? what do you expect when
you reply to people in the tones you have been above

Heh - you should take a good look in the mirror.

dear oh dear oh dear- Hide quoted text -

Fred...!
Don't ruin my pixel picture of you....

1.If I had said it, does that make Bookie as bad as me?
2.Do you think we all hold the same views?
3.Does that mean if Bookie said so, It is so?
4.we all laugh about each other..Fact!
5.I would like to think that not all Americans are like one of our
more tasteless posters from the USA....?
6.Does that mean if A USA troll posts something rude about me, that is
ok, because I am not a USA citizen?

7.We could all learn something from this...

How can you call Bookie for what she has to say when you are doing
exactly the same thing? Personally, I don't care if you think we are
all like that, because I know better. I don't "hate you" because you
come from somewhere different than I do - & nor do I tar you with the
same brush as someone who has made very disparaging remarks about me,
or the country I live in, simply because that someone comes from the
USA either......

My point here is that we are all different & most of us have differing
views on things, but that is not a good reason to class everyone as
the same as the person who might have offended you.

Mary just has a better way of saying it than I do)
S;o)- Hide quoted text -

to be perfectly honest, most americans are not really worth me
expending any energy actually hating, they just don't deserve me
spending that emotion on them, so guys please don't flatter yourselves
thinking that you actually are worthy of my loathing because the vast
majority aren't.

anyway, i really can't believe you all give a **** what I think of
you, although it does amuse when you all get so worked about it,
especially when that is really not what this newgroup is here for
(discussion about cats in case anyone had forgotten)

Old June 4th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 3 Jun, 18:26, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:
Lis wrote:
On May 31, 6:32 pm, bookie wrote:

On 31 May, 19:35, Lis wrote:

No, Bookie, you didn't say "some." You said:

"anyway think about the differences in attitudes between us; you have
your cats declawed and have pristine furniture, we have lots of
scratch marks all over our ancient tables and chairs and deal with it
(and have happy cats as a result), says somethign about the different
ways in which we look at our animasl for me"

You presented Americans as callous, furniture-obsessed monsters who
all declaw our cats, in contrast to those decent human beings, the
Brits, who would rather have their furniture wrecked. And you implied
that all our cats are unhappy, too.

A hateful attitude towards the US is not uncommon among Brits. My
theory on this is they're upset about the loss of their empire, of which
the US would have been the "crown jewel" had they been able to hang onto it.

You have wrecked furniture. I have intact furniture, AND happy cats,
because I've provided appropriate, attractive-to-them places for them
to climb and scratch and hide. Also toys for them to play with;
they're not bored out of their minds with nothing better for them to
do than wreck my furniture. I bet Sheelagh doesn't have wrecked
furniture, either.

Lis- Hide quoted text -

never heard of the commonwealth? obviously not

Old June 4th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

bookie wrote:

never heard of the commonwealth? obviously not

ROFLMAO
Old June 4th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"bookie" wrote in message
ups.com...

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

Take a Midol or something would you and get over it. It is getting boring
already

Old June 4th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

bookie wrote:
On 3 Jun, 19:06, sheelagh wrote:

On Jun 3, 6:35 pm, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

to be perfectly honest, most americans are not really worth me
expending any energy actually hating, they just don't deserve me
spending that emotion on them, so guys please don't flatter yourselves
thinking that you actually are worthy of my loathing because the vast
majority aren't.

Keep telling yourself that and maybe you'll eventually convince yourself.
Old June 4th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On May 27, 3:22?pm, Calico wrote:
I live on the third floor of an apartment block and yesterday I didn't
close one of the windows properly. Next thing I realise that I hadn't
seen puss in a while so I went looking for her when I noticed she had
pushed it open and jumped out onto concrete. I ran down and managed to
get her back inside but she had a bloody nose and seemed to be in
shock.

She's a calico, and goes CRAZY when taken to the vet so I thought the
best thing to do was to keep her in her environment and keep her calm.
She was walking around okay & didn't seem to have broken anything
apart from busting her nose.

So she kind of curled up and went into herself so I thought the best
thing to do was to let her be. Then this morning she was still really,
really subdued and I noticed that she was going to the toilet a lot
and passing small amounts of blood. I also read lots on the internet
last night about cats dying from going into shock so I got her into
the vets at 11 am this morning. (she had her fall about 2pm yesterday)
As expected the vets examination was traumatic for the cat she ended
up biting the vet and on one of his shelves. But we got her down & he
gave her anti-shock meds & painkillers. He said that she had injured
her back but couldn't tell how severe the damage was without doing x-
rays. So he's keeping her in today & tomorrow.

I feel so guilty! I should have made sure the close the window
properly and brought her to the vet IMMEDIATELY after it happened.
She's up there now and I know she is going to be totally stressed out
& I am convinced she is going to die in a cage up there from some
internal injury. It's Sunday today so there is probably no supervision
up there today/tonight.

The vet said there was no threat to her life and that I shouldn't
worry but I just KNOW the cat isn't going to get better. And if there
is a chance she'll probably require surgery in another district so I
don't know if it would be better to let her go!

Has anyone had similar experiences with back injuries and cats? She
seemed okay yesterday but for being subdued & was even purring this
morning & was walking okay and everything.

I should mention that this is my brothers cat who passed away a couple
of years ago. He ADORED her so she has to be make it. I've been crying
all day thinking about him and the cat being frightened up in the
vets. What am I going to do??

You are a NUT. You should have taken the cat to the vet right then and
there. Who are you to make this kind of life and death judgment? And
what's this krap about how she hates going to the vet? Do you think
she'd hate being dead less?
You probably were worried that they were going to site you for animal
abuse, which makes your hesitance even more telling and even more
negligent. Next time, bite the bullet and take your pet to the vet
straight away. You're the kind of person who would hit a bystander
with your car and then flee the scene, in my humble opinion. And I've
come across a thousand like you.
Get a life. Try to put things above you that you say you love.
Otherwise, it's all just transparent lip-service to veteran cat lovers
like us.

IBen

Old June 4th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 4 Jun, 05:40, "Matthew" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

already- Hide quoted text -

what's a Midol? some bizarre pharamceutical preparation you need to
take in order to cope with life on t'other side of the pond amongst
all the rednecks and rampaging trigger happy gun-lovers? we have this
thing called 'a nice cup of tea and a sit down', probably works just
as well, if not better.

please follow the link to understand what gives us brits our stiff
upper lip and our dunkirk spirit

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

bookie

Old June 4th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 4 Jun, 03:47, bookie wrote:
On 3 Jun, 18:35, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

do you know anything about the falklands war? or the people who live
there? no , thought not, typical yank ignorance again

and who wanted to go in a 'kick some ass' in iraq so badly? ah yes,
you yanks- Hide quoted text -

Thats Tony Blair for you!!
He's gone soon;o)

Old June 4th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 4 Jun, 05:40, "Matthew" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

No it is a pill to get over your PMS that you seem to be having for the last
week or so

Old June 4th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 4 Jun, 16:31, "Matthew" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 4 Jun, 05:40, "Matthew" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

roups.com...

bookie wrote:
On 2 Jun, 04:27, Lis wrote:

[...]

week or so- Hide quoted text -

I have a feeling that it is nothing to do with PMs.
It's more to do with berating everyone who acts that way, rather than
just the British ones Matthew, my friend...

Do you think I might be right?
S.

sick with worry about my older cat ms. tonya Cat health & behaviour 3 March 4th 06 03:36 AM
Argh - litterbox accident again Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 24 December 5th 05 03:51 PM
Our cat had a little accident. :( Advice please! John Krystek Cat health & behaviour 82 November 10th 05 07:27 AM
almost-bad accident Pat Cat anecdotes 9 July 25th 05 04:46 AM
GW [OT] Ghostly accident Yowie Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 04 02:23 AM