OOOPS: October 1st is THURSDAY not TUESDAY!!!

Old September 28th 20, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected][_2_]

Default OOOPS: October 1st is THURSDAY not TUESDAY!!!

October 1st is actually THURSDAY NOT TUESDAY. That said October 1st is still the 1st Full Moon of October. While this will be minimalist it terms of preparation -- the desert will provide everything we need -- and all we actually need is a single table and a Sign-In Book -- we need to get ready for the Great PURRR that will be heard around the World.
Old September 29th 20, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected][_2_]

On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 12:56:20 PM UTC-7, Samuel Redcat wrote:
wrote:
October 1st is actually THURSDAY NOT TUESDAY. That said October 1st is still the 1st Full Moon of October. While this will be minimalist it terms of preparation -- the desert will provide everything we need -- and all we actually need is a single table and a Sign-In Book -- we need to get ready for the Great PURRR that will be heard around the World.

Actually, the Jellicle Ball is the LAST full moon in October. In this
case it's Halloween.

But you're welcome to come joim join us on the 1st to party!

Sammy Redcat

Sorry Sammy this is from Part 4:

Part 4

".... In subsequent years the Jellicle Ball will
be held on the first Full Moon of October in the event October has a Blue
Moon."

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Lady of the House of Ruskin, Lady to Sir
Galaxy, Hosts of the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball

The date stamp 7 Oct 2007 which means this is a copy of the original which was in 1996. You can tell that this was a Re-Dated COPY of the Original as it is broken down into the Original 4 Parts. This was found on a Backup server. It was probably copied over to a new hard drive, or because an older machine was about to be retired. Now IF things have changed do you have something that documents that? If NOT then according to this it is the 1st Full Moon in the event there is a Blue Moon (ie two Full Moons in the same calendar month). Below is Part 4 in its entirety.

Part 4

The MC for the ball will rule over the Ball [which will be Christofur by
default if no other cat can be found]. The next to last song will be
Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball [Sir Galaxy and myself, or Sir
Galaxy and my stand-in, the lovely Ebony, The Black Panther (though if I
can not make it I will be there in spirit as I watch the Moon sail
overhead)] will have the whole floor unto themselves for the first few
measures, they will then invite all other cats to then join them. At the
end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving of a New
Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam splitters to
fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround the puuurrrrimeter.
All the names which have been shown will now be shown one final time en
mass. They will remain projected for 30 seconds before the start to
revolve around the gathered assemblage, first rather slowly, but then
faster and faster until they become one indistinct blurr where upon they
will start to rise towards the curved in peaks of the projection screens
-- up past the Russel Hotel, up into the Heavyside Layer -- the the names
will meet in a final blast of light, and the simultaneous release of
fireworks. As the fireworks fade the Band will begin to play a melody of
"The Power of Love" and "Everybody Wants to be a Cat".
The Dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the various cats
leave through the portals between the screens, we can then reflect on the
meaning of the Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To Love One
Another, so a New Day can begin. In subsequent years the Jellicle Ball will

Old September 29th 20, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote:

[...]

I think that was lost in the mist of time. Most later balls speak
specifically to the Hunter Moon, not the Harvest moon. You don't
nessecarily see it in the actual speaches, but it's in the setup
messages. What I note is with 31 days in October, there is usually
just one full moon. If there are 2 in October, it's because the
harvest moon comes in the first day. Hence the tradition as I know it,
has been the Hunter moon (which speaks to cats as hunters vice farmers
over a harvest).

We'll all gladly attend your party but unless I am mistaken, Cat Cat
Village in Vietnam is the one for this year. I rather think we may try
Africa (perhaps Egypt) next year?

PS: I didn't pick Cat Cat Village, another did. It's been suggested 3
times so it was time to try making some fun with it in a rural setting.
I've added some vary basic elements of ecologically sustainable and
hope no one minds. It's kept very mild and fits their environment.

I hope you are not upset over this. BTW, the next time we will have 2
full moons in October is 2039.

Old October 2nd 20, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 6:57:44 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
wrote:

[...]

OMG, sorry, I may have jumped the gun today , with the new post this evening.
I'll try to go back and delete it, otherwize just correct Petunia on that posting
Old October 3rd 20, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote:

[...]

begin. In subsequent years the Jellicle Ball will be held on the
[...]

Smile, no problem. I gather this confusion happens every 8-10 years.

Perhaps this year one of the speakers can work it into their speach
about enjoying the farmers rejoycing at the harvest (notice quietly,
Cat Cat Village did exactly that on the appointed day) as the cats ramp
up for the Hunters moon (since they are hunters).

A big Ooops! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 7 October 15th 17 07:13 PM
I Won! but... Ooops! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 April 11th 11 10:52 PM
Baby, House of Koster - October 1996 - October 1, 2007 Joan Koster Cat community 16 October 7th 07 07:30 PM
Ooops! sandra Cat anecdotes 6 August 23rd 06 02:36 AM
Ooops! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 August 26th 05 03:58 PM