The diffiiculty with cold weather

Old November 14th 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The diffiiculty with cold weather

"Winnie" wrote in message
On Monday, November 12, 2012 8:54:43 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

Is that instead of going to his bedroom now, Boyfie likes to be on my

knee

all the time. The problem with that is I am getting up all the time

fiddle with my woodburner. Anyone who thinks you can put a few logs
on

the

woodburner and leave it for hours has another think coming. it
takes

4

hours to heat the room if you tend it carefully.

The poor lad cannot sit on my knee without kneading for a few minutes

and he

can't be there for long until I am up again either tending the fire
or

earlier in the morning trying to use an axe to chop wood, which is
very

difficult atm with my hand & arm op.

Does he have a comfortable place to lie down and snooze near the

woodburner?

Yes, he has. Of course. He has his own chair, and his own bedroom with

13 tog duvet. Why do you ask? He does have to survive the night with no

heat though. We do it together.. Me with my 15 tog and himself under his

13. Both very warm. Until we get up - then it's a bit nippy.

I thought my thermometer was stuck, upstairs at 8C , I thought it wasn't

working so I put my finger on the bulb and it crept up to 10 so it was

working after all. A rough estimate for 8 is 46F.

So I took it from my landing and put it in my bathroom in the hope the

temperature would improve. I left it for an hour and and it didn't. It
was

still 8C. that's quite nippy to have a bath or shower.

Wow! 8C is cold for indoors. I don't let my home get to single digit C
while
I dress warmly. But I do turn off the heater when I go to bed. Figure I
don't
need it while sleeping under a warm blanket and a heating pad on me.

It gets into two digits eventually.

Rusty (RB) didn't seem to mind the cold until his last year. By then he
was just skin and bones and like to sit on the heating duct. -- Winnie

Kitty was also very thin with CRF during her last year. She also had a
touch of kitty dementia.
Once she seemed crazy and tried to climb the 6 foot fence when she'd not
been out for ages and didn't know where she was going. Instead of calling
it a day I built the fence up.
Then I got taken into hospital as an emergency. then she went missing even
though I'd made arrangements for her to be cared for at my house.
I will never forgive myself for what happened.