is your cat a bathroom visitor?

Old November 14th 12, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default is your cat a bathroom visitor?

Nadia N. wrote:

Matt Ferrari wrote:
What is it that Goofy has to visit me in the bathroom everytime I go? haha
Does he not know this is private time
He pushes the door open makes himself comfortable and then attacks the
toliet paper when i pull the roll.

Does your cat stop by and visit?

http://www.ferrari-dvd.com/imagesGOO...roombustin.jpg

Are there cats who do not visit? I've never met any :-)

Kotyo has his own wicker basket in the bathroom where he likes to curl
up while I'm in there. Sometimes he falls asleep in there and stays for
hours after I've left.

How is the boy doing, btw?

--
Joyce

audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.
Old November 14th 12, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Bastette wrote:
Nadia N. wrote:

Matt Ferrari wrote:
What is it that Goofy has to visit me in the bathroom everytime I go? haha
Does he not know this is private time
He pushes the door open makes himself comfortable and then attacks the
toliet paper when i pull the roll.

Does your cat stop by and visit?

http://www.ferrari-dvd.com/imagesGOO...roombustin.jpg

Are there cats who do not visit? I've never met any :-)

Kotyo has his own wicker basket in the bathroom where he likes to curl
up while I'm in there. Sometimes he falls asleep in there and stays for
hours after I've left.

How is the boy doing, btw?

He's fat and happy. Literally. He's gained back all the weight he lost
when he was sick, and then some. He actually needs to lose a bit. Now
that winter is here (or at least what passes for winter in Spain), he is
sleeping curled up behind my legs every night, keeping me warm. The
other night I took out a second blanket because it seemed like it was
getting a bit chilly, but I had to get up in the middle of the night and
put it away, because I was too hot. I guess 6.6 kilos of little monster
on top of the covers creates enough heat that I don't need two blankets :-)

I took him for his blood test on Monday (he gets them every 6 months to
check on his kidneys), and I'm getting the results back tomorrow.
Hopefully it will show that all those surgeries and anesthesia have not
made things worse...

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old November 14th 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Matt Ferrari
wrote:

I had a shower.

Sootie, (the one who always checks I've cleaned her litter tray properly)
likes to come in the bathroom when I'm on the toilet but recently she
begun to peer in the bowl when I've flushed it. Presumably to check I've
done it properly.

Judith

Even Boyfie wouldn't do that! that's hilarious.

Old November 14th 12, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Matt Ferrari wrote:
What is it that Goofy has to visit me in the bathroom everytime I go?
haha
Does he not know this is private time
He pushes the door open makes himself comfortable and then attacks the
toliet paper when i pull the roll.

Does your cat stop by and visit?

http://www.ferrari-dvd.com/imagesGOO...roombustin.jpg

Are there cats who do not visit? I've never met any :-)

Kotyo has his own wicker basket in the bathroom where he likes to curl up
while I'm in there. Sometimes he falls asleep in there and stays for hours
after I've left.

Sweety just needs to make sure that the door is not closed, but she
doesn't actually remain in the bathroom. If the door is closed, she will
scratch at it franticly until I open it, and then she just lays down
outside the door on guard duty.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

There is a lot of variation, though. In the past, I have had one or two
cats that came in every single time. Pickles comes in very rarely. When
she does, she just wants a quick skritch, and then she leaves. Waffles
often comes in, lets me pet him a bit, then waits impatiently for me to move
and flush his water dish. I know it sounds gross, but it's the only place
he'll drink water.

Joy

Old November 15th 12, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Nadia N. wrote:

How is the boy doing, btw?

He's fat and happy. Literally. He's gained back all the weight he lost
when he was sick, and then some. He actually needs to lose a bit. Now
that winter is here (or at least what passes for winter in Spain), he is
sleeping curled up behind my legs every night, keeping me warm. The
other night I took out a second blanket because it seemed like it was
getting a bit chilly, but I had to get up in the middle of the night and
put it away, because I was too hot. I guess 6.6 kilos of little monster
on top of the covers creates enough heat that I don't need two blankets :-)

Glad to hear he's gotten so much better! So now he actually lives up to
his nickname.

I took him for his blood test on Monday (he gets them every 6 months to
check on his kidneys), and I'm getting the results back tomorrow.
Hopefully it will show that all those surgeries and anesthesia have not
made things worse...

Purrs from my gang.

--
Joyce

"The most terrible things can enter one's life. Hopefully they're only
mundane."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old November 15th 12, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Bastette wrote:
Nadia N. wrote:

I took him for his blood test on Monday (he gets them every 6 months to
check on his kidneys), and I'm getting the results back tomorrow.
Hopefully it will show that all those surgeries and anesthesia have not
made things worse...

Purrs from my gang.

Thanks for the purrs. The news is not as good as I was hoping. His
kidney numbers (creatinine, BUN) have gone up a little bit. His
cholesterol is also up. The numbers are almost the same as they were
last November. But at his previous blood test in April they had gone
down, and now they are back up :-( Still, the vet said that the
creatinine is still within the range for the same IRIS stage as before
(stage 2). So it is not really bad news. Just a little bit disappointing.

I guess so long as he is happy and eating, it's all good :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old November 15th 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Lily always goes into the bathroom when I'm in there, especially after
a shower. She liked to help dry me out by licking the water from my
legs and then she climbs up on the sink and waits until I'm done. She
also visits when I'm on the throne, and just lays down and rolls around
waiting for me to finish. Yup, she's certainly a bathroom cat.

Lily & her mama

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

A visitor BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 8 August 5th 10 10:24 PM
A visitor Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 March 1st 10 03:08 PM
Visitor cat Adrian Cat anecdotes 8 December 29th 05 10:09 AM
Another little visitor Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 13 July 15th 05 03:30 AM
I have a visitor wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 34 August 12th 03 09:41 PM