Ping NMR

Old February 10th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping NMR

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/
sfl-scold10feb10,0,75680l63.story?coll=sfla-home-
headlines

I have arranged for the short cold blast described
above - which blew through here last night, leaving
a shallow snow blanket on our immediate area -
to go to *your* area very soon. Enjoy, and imagine
you're back in KY (but you won't get the snow). LOL.

Old February 10th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

that is a little to far down I am near Daytona beach which is up north
towards the top part of the state. I has been getting down into the lower
40's here 60 -80 during the day still not what it is supposed to be here
is our forecast for central florida

Kentucky get a heck of a lot colder than this Where I was raised at you got
snowed in for quite a while but now with civilization expanding we got
major highways thru the area They even got themselves a super walmart which
did the area a world of good there was to little of small business in the
area. they as the deal bought them out made them rich.

http://www.local6.com/weather/index.html
Inland Volusia County
Tonight: partly cloudy. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds
around 5 mph.
Saturday: partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the morning, then
mostly cloudy with showers likely and isolated afternoon thunderstorms.
Breezy. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds in the afternoon. Highs
in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.
Saturday Night: mostly cloudy with isolated showers in the evening, then
partly cloudy after midnight. Colder. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds
10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent. Lowest wind chill readings 29 to 32
after midnight.
Sunday: mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to
15 mph.
Sunday Night: mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds
around 5 mph.
Monday: mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s.
Monday Night: mostly clear. Patchy frost in the outlying areas after
midnight. Lows in the mid 30s.
Tuesday And Tuesday Night: partly cloudy. Warmer. Highs in the lower 60s.
Lows in the lower 40s.
Wednesday And Wednesday Night: partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. Lows
in the lower 50s.
Thursday Through Friday: partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Lows in the
upper 50s.

Old February 10th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:

that is a little to far down I am near Daytona beach which is
up north towards the top part of the state.

Hey NMR, I was just in your area last week! I visited my mom - she was
living in Ormond, but she just moved down to Stuart, which is in Martin
county. I was there to help her pack and move.

Joyce
Old February 10th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
NMR wrote:

that is a little to far down I am near Daytona beach which is
up north towards the top part of the state.

Hey NMR, I was just in your area last week! I visited my mom - she was
living in Ormond, but she just moved down to Stuart, which is in Martin
county. I was there to help her pack and move.

Joyce

Ormond is about 40 minutes away by I-4 and I -95

Old February 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:

Ormond is about 40 minutes away by I-4 and I -95
You should have said something could have met you for lunch :-)

Sorry! I don't like to advertise on a worldwide network that I'm
thousands of miles away from home.

Are you on Freecycle by any chance? I did join the Daytona Beach
group for two weeks to have someplace to offer items from my mom's
place that were good enough to give away. So if you're on there, you
might have seen some of my posts.

Joyce
Old February 10th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
NMR wrote:

Ormond is about 40 minutes away by I-4 and I -95
You should have said something could have met you for lunch :-)

Sorry! I don't like to advertise on a worldwide network that I'm
thousands of miles away from home.

Are you on Freecycle by any chance? I did join the Daytona Beach
group for two weeks to have someplace to offer items from my mom's
place that were good enough to give away. So if you're on there, you
might have seen some of my posts.

Joyce

No I am not the only charity beside the cat kind I am involved in is
habitat for humanity

Old February 10th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

that is a little to far down I am near Daytona beach which is up north
towards the top part of the state. I has been getting down into the
lower 40's here 60 -80 during the day still not what it is supposed to
be here is our forecast for central florida

Kentucky get a heck of a lot colder than this Where I was raised at you
got snowed in for quite a while but now with civilization expanding we
got major highways thru the area They even got themselves a super walmart
which did the area a world of good there was to little of small business
in the area. they as the deal bought them out made them rich.

Well, yes, I didn't realize exactly where you are, but I tried. Some of my
dearest pals are from Bowling Green, and your descriptions sound like
where they're from (what they've told me). I sent you a link from the
paper I used to get in Pompano Beach, where we lived for about 16
years....I'm originally from Miami, where it snowed ONCE when I
lived there, around 1976 or so. I was in backyard hanging clothes
and tiny flakes melted on my upstretched hands. I was thrilled to
death.

Old February 10th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dnr I am original from the south east side of Kentucky the nearest towns
were hazard, Whitesburg, Prestonsburg and moreshead. I lived in the
unincorporated area in between up in the hills. My family still has it
farms up there.
I always tell everyone would like to know what my homestead looked like
watch the movie with Patrick swayze where he plays the hillbilly cop; the
next of kin.
I miss the country life no one locks there door, we have Sunday get
together. people actually say hello to you and generally care about your
family. you go into the restaurant everyone knows your name. If you need
help raising a barn we have a barn raising party everyone turns out. When
I was growing up the court house was the library, firestation, police
station. and the school. There was a real soda fountain shop which was also
the feedstore and grocery store till the A and P came in and we got a
piggly wiggly; which is gone now but I loved the piggly wiggly. I used to
love the A and P they had a pastry called the Spanish bar cake can't find
it down here in the south anymore used to carry it at Kroger's but food lion
bought them out.

Old February 11th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:58:10 GMT, "NMR"
wrote:

[...]

Hi Matthew,

I grew up in a small town in upstate NY. The population at that time
was 100, but I think it is even smaller now. The next town over had
an A & P, and I remember the Spanish Bar cakes. I haven't seen them in
years! Now you have me craving one! G Some of the unusual (now)
things my mom used to buy were pickled pigs feet, pickled eggs, Head
Cheese (they call it something different in the south) , and Croghan
Bologna - a pickled sausage like kielbasa. My sister used to get brine
pickled mozerella cheese from Canada. YUM! My grandmother used to make
pickled deer heart - we used everything we could from the deer. (There
seems to be a pickle theme here...)

I miss those days - would give anything to have them back again.

Mishi

Old February 11th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mishi" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:58:10 GMT, "NMR"
wrote:

You just made me hungry :-)

I made a call once to A&P to see about ordering some but I had to order 100
gross cases did not have the shelf space for it at the stores or at my
house. I would have gotten real fat after eating all them. Pickled eggs
and pigs feet I can get those at a store chain called Cumberland Farms.
Time to start the car

But I did find a link to buy them on line http://tinyurl.com/dqqca

and I have a recipe to make the cake also

I think about that old time fountain shop and the soda jerks that ran them
getting a soda pop made with fresh syrup spending all the hard earned
allowance on one getting a old fashion rootbeer float served from the wooden
kegs with vanilla icecream added to them.
Sorry I got to stop talking about food my wife just knocked me up side the
head and said I was making her hungry.

I might be retired but I would love to open one of those shops up. We don't
have any bigboys here yet but got a Johnny rockets but it still is not the
same