there is good in the world: Go read Rusty's story

Old September 3rd 04, 01:08 AM
Karen Chuplis

Default there is good in the world: Go read Rusty's story

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav there is a tribute like nothing I have ever
read. Don't feel bad, because Rusty had a long life and his time with the
ultimate human slave is a testament to both Rusty and his hoomin. It's truly
inspirational.

Old September 3rd 04, 01:17 AM
CatNipped

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
In rec.pets.cats.health+behav there is a tribute like nothing I have ever
read. Don't feel bad, because Rusty had a long life and his time with the
ultimate human slave is a testament to both Rusty and his hoomin. It's

truly
inspirational.

I just read it and you're right. It made me cry, but at last they were
*good* tears!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 3rd 04, 02:45 AM
Sherry

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav there is a tribute like nothing I have ever
read. Don't feel bad, because Rusty had a long life and his time with the
ultimate human slave is a testament to both Rusty and his hoomin. It's truly
inspirational.

Oh I agree. That was an awesome post.

Sherry

Old September 3rd 04, 02:39 PM
Victor Martinez

Ok, now I'm whaling like a baby. Where was the TW!!!!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 3rd 04, 02:54 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:08:16 -0500, Karen Chuplis
yodeled:

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav there is a tribute like nothing I have ever
read. Don't feel bad, because Rusty had a long life and his time with the
ultimate human slave is a testament to both Rusty and his hoomin. It's truly
inspirational.

What a fantastic cat. Truly amazing. What a great hoomin.

Was so sorry to hear about the unhelpful vets. You know animal health
care is getting as burdensome as hoomin health care. They can do so
much for sick animals now, and the average person can't afford to have
any of it done. :P

Theresa

Old September 3rd 04, 11:07 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:

You know animal health care is getting as burdensome as hoomin
health care. They can do so much for sick animals now, and the
average person can't afford to have any of it done. :P

How true. And then you feel guilty asking the vet how much this or
that procedure is going to cost, like you're being cheap about your
pet's health or even their life. Many places count on that guilt, to
milk some extra $$ from you. Of course, sometimes an expensive
treatment can't be avoided, but it really angers me that some places
will try to convince you to get costly and superfluous tests.

The vet hospital I've been going to for years recently tried to talk me
into getting $160 US bloodwork on Roxy, when I knew that all she needed
was a dose of alpha interferon ($20 US), because she was having a herpes
flareup. And I'd told the vet I'd been out of work for almost 2 years,
and wanted to try the simplest treatments first. He still tried to
pressure me into getting the bloodwork. I held my ground, got the
interferon, and a week later, Roxy was feeling good as new.

There are vets and animal hospitals where they actually care about your
financial capability as much as about your pet, and will take the most
conservative approach in treating or diagnosing your pet's illness. So
I'll be going to a new vet next time!

Joyce