Vomiting cat

Old April 9th 05, 09:00 AM
bjdbrad

You learned a word Phil........very nice......go back and read my first
post again........I said I would admit I didn't want to deal with but I
felt dry was the best.........and if I feel dry is the best it doesn't
matter how lazy of an asshole I am now does it.........your types are
spread throughout these newsgroups.........you know the sickening type
that just can't help taking shots at people........well I play along
with your little game anymore........I have wasted enough time with
you.....besides I can tell your neck is getting all swelled up and your
face all red when you see my name.......most immature people start the
name calling when they go on tilt.....nuff said........nice chattin
with ya though.....

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL-PRESERVED
BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING... "
HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old April 9th 05, 09:45 AM
Mary

"bjdbrad" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for trying to save me from the bigger ass thing I don't care how

I can't tell who you are talking to. In any case, how is your cat? Still
vomiting, or better?

Old April 9th 05, 10:46 AM
Phil P.

"bjdbrad" wrote in message
ups.com...
You learned a word Phil........very nice......

Apparently you haven't learned anything.

post again........

Why? I already know how lazy, ignorant and self-centered you are, you were
very clear.

I said I would admit I didn't want to deal with but I
felt dry was the best.........

That's because you don't know any better and you're too dumb and lazy to
bother learning why you're wrong..

and if I feel dry is the best it doesn't
matter how lazy of an asshole I am now does it.........

Obviously not to you, asshole, but it does to your cats.

your types are
spread throughout these newsgroups........ you know the sickening type

I know! There are many people who know a lot more about feline nutrition
than you. I'm sure that makes you sick.

that just can't help taking shots at people.......

Yeah I know, I just have a weakness for ignorant, lazy, self-centered
assholes whose convenience is more important than their cats. People like
you beg to have shots taken at them.

..well I play along
with your little game anymore........

That really breaks my heart. I was having so much fun.

I have wasted enough time with
you.....

Why worry about it? It sure isn't taking any time away from your research
into feline nutrition! LOL!

besides I can tell your neck is getting all swelled up and your
face all red when you see my name.......

I see dry food isn't the only delusion you're under. Actually, I chuckled
when I saw another post from you. I can see why you like dry food so
much - you're ego has a lot in common with it - they both shatter when hit.

I can sure see why you *needed* a purebred cat! LOL!

most immature people start the
name calling when they go on tilt.....

Since I can't bitch-slap you for being a spoiled, lazy, self-centered brat,
names will have to suffice.

nuff said........nice chattin
with ya though.....

Yeah, the pleasure was all yours. Come again when you can't stay so long.

Old April 9th 05, 10:50 AM
Phil P.

"bjdbrad" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for trying to save me from the bigger ass thing I don't care how
nice of a guy he is or his credentials he doesn't know how to treat
people.....I don't let anyone take free shots at me ........I never
said a word to him until he had to try cut me down as he was making his
points........go ahead and kiss his ass .......its not my style.....as
I said many times why can't he just make his posting without telling
other people they are wrong........

So there! LOL!

Old April 10th 05, 12:44 AM
Shadow Walker

What a coincidence! In my shelter rescue and feral work, I work with
several vets who have the same type of set up as yours and my personal vet
is a double-boarded retired vet professor who taught vets for over 30

years.

Good good very good, I commend you.

I can't and wasn't trying to change your experiences -I'm just trying to
enlighten you about the superiority of canned food for your cats' sake.

ok then I think we cleard up somethings there.

Many canned foods contain *less* fat than dry foods and use a higher

quality
fat - the fat in dry food must be in powered form whereas fresh fat is

used
in canned food.

Yes, I know this as well. Canned works great for some cats.

How did you attempt to transistion your cats over canned food, abruptly or
slowly? Abrupt dietary changes can give any cat diarrhea or loose stools.
Also, did you try several different brands? Some brands contain

ingredients
that don't agree with some cats. Your cat may have had a nutrient-induced
aversion rather than a diet-induced problem.

Does like a snail mean anything. I'm talking like a week of mixing it with
their dry and slowly taking away the dry. They pick around the canned if any
of the dry is too covered with the canned they leave it, if it's just the
juice they lick it off the canned and leave it. Basically they like the
juice in canned foods but not the solids. I have tried chunky, patay you
name it. I even got that vet canned can not think of the name. I bought some
a year or more ago for my sick kitten. He wouldn't eat it.
It was the only thing I could force down his throat. Anyway after doing that
for a week I thought I could give them the canned straight, they picked at
it cried and walked away.

They prefer dry food because they were accustomed to dry food at a young

age
and for no other reason. Nothing about a cat - from her teeth to her

anus -
was designed for the comsumption and digestion of dry food.

No argument there.

I know and have known *many* cats that do well on dry food. However. in

the
long run, cats will do much better on canned than dry - canned is more
nutritious and digestible than equal quality dry and easier on the

digestive
and urinary systems.

Again no argument there. If it works for you go for it.

I doesn't matter how many water bowls they have, cats can't make rapid and
precise changes in voluntary water intake in response to their state of
hydration. Even though cats fed dry food drink about 6x more water than
cats fed canned food - their total water intake and water turnover is much
less. There're actually studies that have proven that

I am aware of the desert hisory. Yes.

The first requirement in any endeavor is desire and the second is belief.
Since you have neither concerning feeding canned food all I can do is wish
you the best of luck.

Even if I have the desire to do it it is ultimately the cat who decides to
eat it or not. I do not think going without eating for more than two days is
a good thing. That's bad on the liver.

Btw, I also noticed that this thread has been crossed-posted from another
group and that you're not a regular of rec.pets.cats.health+behav - which
probably accounts for your outdated and misguided information.

Good luck.

Phil

What does crossposting have to do with "outdated and misguided information".
All the groups that this cross's talk about cats. It's not like I'm crossing
from dogs to cats.
Anyway, maybe in the future we won't have to bash horns. I know your not
trying to run everyone off. You are sincere about your care for cats I
commend you. yet for those people that really don't have a clue you just
make them continue what they are doing and not want to learn from you. They
want to avoid you and your knowledge like the plague that doesn't help there
cats one bit. Remember you do it for the cats not the people but you have to
consider working around the owners.
I have to work around people all the time and bite my tongue on what I would
like to say. lol I've seen things much worse than bad diet to consider. I
have even seen vets that do not wipe the injection sights before or after
vaccinations.brrr..that's bad.

I pet sit for many people in my home for little to nothing so that the
animals can stay somewhere while the family relocate, go on vacation
whatever. I don't do it for the people I do it so the animals no matter the
specie's so they can stay with it's family in the end. Most of the time
there is no money involved just a knowledge that I helped a beloved pet stay
with it's family.

Have a good day.

Shadow Walker

Old April 10th 05, 10:43 AM
Phil P.

"Shadow Walker" wrote in message

What does crossposting have to do with "outdated and misguided

information".

Most groups I've visited aren't as well informed and up to date as many of
the participants in this group.

Anyway, maybe in the future we won't have to bash horns. I know your not
trying to run everyone off. You are sincere about your care for cats I
commend you. yet for those people that really don't have a clue you just
make them continue what they are doing and not want to learn from you.

You might want to practice what you preach. I found your initial post a bit
critical. In the future, you might want to read a poster's history before
you offer any criticism. I'm not some canned food fanatic - I've researched
the issue thoroughly from both sides - because I was a dry food proponent
many years ago.

Glad we've come to terms.

Good luck.

Phil

Old April 10th 05, 06:00 PM
bjdbrad

Slapping my forehead...........its not my cat........I was an innocent
bystander trying to help the poster with something I actually believe
in but Phil had to interject becaust my ideas aren't the same as his
and attacking me in the process.......you should get your blinders off
just a little........he is a king of copying and pasting which makes a
lot of unsuspecting people think he really knows what hes talking
about.......if my cat was sick I would certainly be doing my own
studying to correct the situation and not relying on someone with zero
people skills........cmon you have to admit that someone who is that
ugly to people he doesn't even know has a serious problem
psychologically.........if you havent read his posting today he has
physically threatened me with bodily harm if only he had the
chance.......problem is I have found that blowhards that hide behind
the written word are usually girlyboys........I hate to follow his
childishness but he has no idea how much I would love that face to face
confrontation gayboys really run fast its quite fun to
watch...........I ended this thread with Fill but his followers still
attack so now I end it period........after all Fill is the guy everyone
should listen to.......and by the way Fill with your threats of
physical harm I am absolutely sure that the veins are popping in your
neck.........take one of your sedatives before you read the
newsgroups..........

Old April 10th 05, 09:42 PM
Phil P.

"bjdbrad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Slapping my forehead...........its not my cat........I was an innocent
bystander trying to help the poster with something I actually believe
in but Phil had to interject becaust my ideas aren't the same as his
and attacking me in the process.......

Stop whining you self-centered, spoiled little crybaby. If you can handle
being corrected, don't post ignorant blabber.

Now pick up the pieces of your shattered ego and go tell your sob story to
someone who gives a ****.