Air Shipping Pets?

Old March 10th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Air Shipping Pets?

Has anyone ever had their cats shipped cross country by plane? What were
your experiences? Thanks
NR

Old March 10th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Noelle,
We moved from the UK to the states last year and had to bring over our two cats.
It was difficult trying to find out what was needed but after muching searching we found that most airlines require a specific cat carrier both in size and lockability (we googled cat carrier's and found two that way). We also had to have our cats vaccinated against rabies as the USA has hot spots. British airways also wanted a letter from the vet stating that they were fit to travel.
On the day of travel we checked in then had to hold on to them until an hour before flight and they were whisked away. A nice steward came to say that they were safe and looked fine before we took off.
We then claimed them in luggage as normal.

Experience for us was almost worry free, no messes and we got to bring our 'friends' with us
Eperience for cat - 12 hours in total in carrier, lots of meowing at customs when carrier checked and lots of fuss and attention when we got them out. - they survived the trip well.

Since then we have lost one of them to CRF but have no problems booking a flight and taking the other one with us on vacation next time (within US of course).

Amanda

"Noelle Ruehl" wrote in message ...
Has anyone ever had their cats shipped cross country by plane? What were
your experiences? Thanks
NR

SICK? GET WELL!

Old March 19th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Noelle Ruehl wrote:
Has anyone ever had their cats shipped cross country by plane? What were
your experiences? Thanks
NR

--WebTV-Mail-7903-4506

html
centerhr
Pa
href="http://www.wtv-zone.com/intelligent-health/ihlinks.html"SICK? GET
WELL!/a

--WebTV-Mail-7903-4506--

Yes, I flew my dog and cat from Hawaii to North Carolina.They had to
leave the island by the end of May (due to summer temps on the
mainland) Both had to be up to date on all vacs and have health cert. I
had to make arrangements to have them pick up in NC since I was still
in Hawaii. Everything went fine.They went to stay with my family until
we got NC in July.