What is wrong with the boys?

Old July 19th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default What is wrong with the boys?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from work
and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives" ham on
sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few slices of
said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was dividing the ham
on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not stop yowling about
the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and retreated a few feet for
my own safety.
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What is
wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Boyfriend won't eat it, in fact he is very suspicious of anything that
smacks of "people food". He prefers everything he eats should come out of a
tin or box with a picture of a cat on it ;-) although recently he has
started to eat prey that he catches if the kitchen door is closed when he
rushes back to the house with it to give it to KFC (like when I am at work)
I used to leave the door ajar 24/7 but am afraid to now in case she wanders
again.
I suspect Boyfie came from a home where he was given kibble exclusively, it
is his preferred food and I don't think he was lost for very long, whereas
Kitty, with her itinerant lifestyle over many years, was very happy to eat
anything any kind neighbour would offer. Left over dinner scraps, potatoes,
brussels sprouts, gravy.
What I am trying to say in a long-winded way ;-) is do you think it makes a
difference about what cats are prepared to eat in the form of people food if
they have fallen on hard times before you got them, or do you think it makes
no difference at all?

Tweed

Old July 20th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 19, 1:34*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

What I am trying to say in a long-winded way ;-) is do you think it makes a
difference about what cats are prepared to eat in the form of people food if
they have fallen on hard times before you got them, or do you think it makes
no difference at all?

Interesting- none of my cats have fallen on hard times however much
they try and convince me that they are poor hungry unloved felines at
mealtimes!

Speedy Joe's mum was semi feral at best and because we were waiting to
move to a flat where we could take him he was with her until he was
almost 5 months old. And you have never seen a cat with such varied
tastes! He ;loved cheese so much that cutting any involved having the
knife in one hand and restraining Speedy with the other! He also
snacked on brown bread, chips from the Chinese, chicken curry and
fried rice, apple cores, giblets (even when frozen), peas, basically
he'd eat anything

Fugazi and Isis were born to an indoor-outdoor cat who came from a
long line of spoiled pets- and they didn't care much for Hoomin food
although Gaz was more adventouros than Issi. Issi was pretty much like
Boyfriend in that she was suspicious of anything that didn't come out
of a box or tin with a picture of a cat on it through she accepted
prawns and sometimes ham. Both of them liked cod from the chippy but
while Issi ate the fish, Gaz preferred the batter! Gaz also liked
doner kebab meat soaked in chilli sauce but she'd lick the sauce off
and leave the meat

Dunzi and Sarsi born in a shed to a semi feral stray (she adapted so
well to indoor living she must have been someone's pet once before she
was a stray- you got it- the woman who was feeding her when she had
the kittens didn't like cats but thought it worth encouraging her to
stay as they lived in a garden centre but didn't want her in the
house...these days she's not inclined to leave it!) both aren't too
keen on most Hoomin food- they don't even like prawns! But they will
kill for ham and are not averse to a bit of cooked chicken now and
again but basically they want everything else out of tins and boxes
with a picture of a cat on them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 20th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

What I am trying to say in a long-winded way ;-) is do you think it makes a
difference about what cats are prepared to eat in the form of people food if
they have fallen on hard times before you got them, or do you think it makes
no difference at all?

Interesting- none of my cats have fallen on hard times however much
they try and convince me that they are poor hungry unloved felines at
mealtimes!

The cat I brought home from summer camp when I was in my early teens
certainly ate people food! He was apparently a little "woods kitty" who
became separated from his littermates and showed up at the camp's
kitchen door. Until I took him home at the end of that week, he existed
on potato salad, spanish rice, hot dogs..... any leftovers the kitchen
could spare. Most cats who came to me off the streets quickly learned
to be as finicky as any other, once they learned they could expect
regular meals. Peter was the only cat I ever had who continued to eat
anything and everything he found in his bowl. (He also loved popcorn,
potato chips and ice-cream.)

Old July 20th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sorry about the duplicate post - the first time I sent it, my browser
told me it didn't go through (although obviously it did).

Proud of my boys Jemfur Cat anecdotes 4 December 14th 05 04:20 PM
My Buggy Boys :( Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 October 3rd 05 10:39 PM
putting jas & boys to bed meee Cat anecdotes 3 October 3rd 05 09:58 PM
Where The Boys Are guynoir Cat health & behaviour 7 May 22nd 05 11:13 PM
First TED visit for the boys Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 13 January 26th 05 04:38 PM