Frontline Combo (Plus) for Cats: I need your help

Old November 10th 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,alt.animals.cat
Antonio[_2_]

Default Frontline Combo (Plus) for Cats: I need your help

Hi everybody,
My name is Antonio and I'm writing from Italy.
I'd like a hand from someone of you living in U.S. or G.B.
I need a photo or, better, a scan of the inside of the box of
Frontline Combo (or Plus if you live in the U.S.) Spot-On fleas
treatment for Cats (3 or 6 vials pack), where the directions of use
and safety informations are printed.
The purpose is to compare the directions written in English to those
written in Italian, because I suspect that we Italians miss some very
important information about side effects of this product.
Will you please help me? If you will, please, send the image (the
bigger, the better) to the following e-mail address:
shy_1965 AT yahoo DOT it
Thanks a lot in advance!

Antonio
Old November 10th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,alt.animals.cat
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:08:13 -0800, Antonio wrote:

Hi everybody,
My name is Antonio and I'm writing from Italy. I'd like a hand from
someone of you living in U.S. or G.B. I need a photo or, better, a scan of
the inside of the box of Frontline Combo (or Plus if you live in the U.S.)
Spot-On fleas treatment for Cats (3 or 6 vials pack), where the directions
of use and safety informations are printed.
The purpose is to compare the directions written in English to those
written in Italian, because I suspect that we Italians miss some very
important information about side effects of this product. Will you please
help me? If you will, please, send the image (the bigger, the better) to
the following e-mail address: shy_1965 AT yahoo DOT it
Thanks a lot in advance!

I doubt there is much difference in the safety information, mostly because
the product is remarkably safe for cats and dogs (it's toxic to rabbits
and aquatic animals).

I found some details at
http://pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Product.jsp?REG_NR=06533100004&DIST_NR=0653 31

(ingredients summary
S-Methoprene 11.8 % Toxicity: Slight, Carcinogen: ?, Cholinesterase Inhibitor: No, Developmental or Reproductive Toxin: ?, Endocrine Disruptor: ?, Acute Aquatic Toxicity: ?

Fipronil 9.8 % Toxicity: Moderate, Carcinogen: Possible, Cholinesterase Inhibitor: No, Developmental or Reproductive Toxin: ?, Endocrine Disruptor: Suspected, Acute Aquatic Toxicity: High

The US EPA Acute Hazard Warning Label is "3, Caution" (one step above
the mostly harmless classification ("4, Not Acutely Toxic")).

By the way, the usage instructions differ by country: Australian ticks are
different from American ticks and require different dosage intervals.

--
T.E.D. )

Old November 11th 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,alt.animals.cat
Antonio[_2_]

On 10 Nov, 15:35, Ted Davis wrote:

I suspect that we Italians miss some very
important information about side effects of this product. Will you please
help me? If you will, please, send the image (the bigger, the better) to
the following e-mail address: shy_1965 AT yahoo DOT it
Thanks a lot in advance!

I doubt there is much difference in the safety information, mostly because
the product is remarkably safe for cats and dogs (it's toxic to rabbits
and aquatic animals).
I found some details at
http://pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Product.jsp?REG_NR=06533100004&DIST_N...

[CUT]

Thanks a lot, Ted, those informations were very helpful and
interesting!
I made further investigations and found that you were right, the
directions and the informations about the toxicity are the same,
nothing has been omitted.
All this story arose from the fact that my cat showed terrible and
unexpected side effects to the product after the application and I was
absolutely frightened because my cat was behaving as she didn't know
the place and the persons anymore, she was terrorized by all the
objects in the house and stopped using her litter and stopped eating.
All these awful things for four days in a row and no veterinarian was
able to understand what the origin was.
Now she recovered almost completely, even though it seems that every
now and then she has allucinations and sees things that are not there!
It's ten days from the application, now, and I wonder how long this
story will go on...

By the way, the usage instructions differ by country: Australian ticks are
different from American ticks and require different dosage intervals.

Interesting!
Another thing I learned in these days is that in Great Britain this
product requires a vet prescription, while in Italy we can buy it in
any pet stuff shop or in any pharmacy without prescription at all.

Thanks a lot, Ted, for your kind answer!

Antonio