A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

A display of tinyness

Old August 27th 19, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan Mahoney[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default A display of tinyness

A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another cat. When I questioned the wisdom of adding another, her reply was "Or we could get another dog". Ok, another cat it is.

We found a tiny little black and white girl named Benni. The shelter says that she's 3 years old, but if I was to guess her age I would have said younger than a year old. If she truly is 3, she must have been badly undernourished.

We brought Benni home and set up Nancy's sewing room as her safe area. We let take a week to get adjusted to her new setting and to allow her to sniff the other cats under the door, and them to sniff her scent. This weekend we decided to set up a baby gate, so the kitties could see each other without being able to start any conflict. We bought a really nice gate, and I spent over an hour installing it (nobody will ever accuse me of being good with my hands). I proudly opened the sewing room door to let Benni see the rest of the house - and she casually strolled right between the bars.

She now has the run of the house. Ranger growls occasionally, but she usually ignores him, hissing back if he gets too vocal. I'm sure she's going to fit in quite nicely.
Old August 28th 19, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels
external usenet poster

On 27/08/2019 10:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another cat. When I questioned the wisdom of adding another, her reply was "Or we could get another dog". Ok, another cat it is.

We found a tiny little black and white girl named Benni. The shelter says that she's 3 years old, but if I was to guess her age I would have said younger than a year old. If she truly is 3, she must have been badly undernourished.

We brought Benni home and set up Nancy's sewing room as her safe area. We let take a week to get adjusted to her new setting and to allow her to sniff the other cats under the door, and them to sniff her scent. This weekend we decided to set up a baby gate, so the kitties could see each other without being able to start any conflict. We bought a really nice gate, and I spent over an hour installing it (nobody will ever accuse me of being good with my hands). I proudly opened the sewing room door to let Benni see the rest of the house - and she casually strolled right between the bars.

Oh no! I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at that.

She now has the run of the house. Ranger growls occasionally, but she usually ignores him, hissing back if he gets too vocal. I'm sure she's going to fit in quite nicely.

Aw, love those black and white ones. The smaller they are, the less cr*p
they take from anyone.
(Brings back lovely memories of my Violetta, who looked like a kitten
right up to the age of 18 but ruled the house with an iron paw)
Old August 31st 19, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 8/27/2019 10:03 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:

It's lovely to hear of a new cat slave What a wonderful story.

Jill
Old August 31st 19, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster

On 8/28/2019 11:25 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 27/08/2019 10:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another
cat. When I questioned the wisdom of adding another, her reply was "Or
we could get another dog". Ok, another cat it is.

We found a tiny little black and white girl named Benni. The shelter
says thatÂ* she's 3 years old, but if I was to guess her age I would
have said younger than a year old. If she truly is 3, she must have
been badly undernourished.

We brought Benni home and set up Nancy's sewing room as her safe area.
We let take a week to get adjusted to her new setting and to allow her
to sniff the other cats under the door, and them to sniff her scent.
This weekend we decided to set up a baby gate, so the kitties could
see each other without being able to start any conflict. We bought a
really nice gate, and I spent over an hour installing it (nobody will
ever accuse me of being good with my hands). I proudly opened the
sewing room door to let Benni see the rest of the house - and she
casually strolled right between the bars.

Oh no! I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at that.

She now has the run of the house. Ranger growls occasionally, but she
usually ignores him, hissing back if he gets too vocal. I'm sure she's
going to fit in quite nicely.

Aw, love those black and white ones. The smaller they are, the less cr*p
they take from anyone.
(Brings back lovely memories of my Violetta, who looked like a kitten
right up to the age of 18 but ruled the house with an iron paw)

I've got an orange tabby on my lap purring her head off. But I've
always had a soft spot for black and white kitties.

Jill