Kate and Jack get sprung (temporarily)

Old December 13th 05, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Kate and Jack get sprung (temporarily)

I finally got all the cats flea-treated, so yesterday it was time to
introduce Kate and Jack to the rest of the crew.

I took them downstairs in a carrier, and let the other cats sniff them
for a few minutes, after giving the resident cats treats to make them
happy. Most sniffed without comment. Wolfie, however, would come
nowhere near that carrier! Merlyn was looking worried. Neither of
them much care for other cats, so it wasn't surprising they were less
than thrilled.

I let the little Munchkins out of the carrier, and they were
cautiously well-behaved kittens -- for while. They had to sniff
everything in sight, of course, which took quite awhile, while a train
of other cats followed them attempting to sniff their rear ends.

Jack finally discovered the smaller cat tree, and decided it was
*his*. He scratched on it, sat on it, sat in it, rolled on it, and
eventually, played a bit with Arthur on it.

Kate seemed particularly interested in the kitchen ("I smell
*food*!"), and spent much of her time sniffing around there.

Eventually they got close to Merlyn and Wolfie, and a round of growls
and hisses was heard from our silly neurotic pair of cats.

It was time to take the Snittens back upstairs, so I loaded them into
the carrier and put them back into their "house" with plenty of food
to satisfy them.

All in all, not a bad introduction. But then there's today. I
suspect they will discover tables, and things on tables, and knocking
things off of tables, at their next introduction.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old December 13th 05, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:22:53 +0000, glsummer wrote:

[...]

Well, you won't have time to get bored. MLB

Old December 13th 05, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue 13 Dec 2005 01:22:53p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

All in all, not a bad introduction. But then there's today. I
suspect they will discover tables, and things on tables, and
knocking things off of tables, at their next introduction.

Ready for hoolikittenism? LOL! Glad it seems to have gone well so
far. I had to crack up about the butt sniffing part - Shamrock and
Bonnie both had to thoroughly sniff the new kittens bottoms, and
still do. Though, now the "kittens" reciprocate.

--
Cheryl
Old December 14th 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 13 Dec 2005 22:42:10 GMT, Cheryl
yodeled:

On Tue 13 Dec 2005 01:22:53p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

All in all, not a bad introduction. But then there's today. I
suspect they will discover tables, and things on tables, and
knocking things off of tables, at their next introduction.

Ready for hoolikittenism? LOL! Glad it seems to have gone well so
far. I had to crack up about the butt sniffing part - Shamrock and
Bonnie both had to thoroughly sniff the new kittens bottoms, and
still do. Though, now the "kittens" reciprocate.

Butt-sniffing is the most common transaction here when one of the boyz
is asleep. Sheeesh.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 14th 05, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue 13 Dec 2005 08:26:54p, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Butt-sniffing is the most common transaction here when one of
the boyz is asleep. Sheeesh.

Sheesh is right. The majority of the clowder wiggle away from butt
sniffing, but Bonnie seems to like it. LOL

--
Cheryl
Old December 14th 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
On Tue 13 Dec 2005 08:26:54p, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Butt-sniffing is the most common transaction here when one of
the boyz is asleep. Sheeesh.

Sheesh is right. The majority of the clowder wiggle away from butt
sniffing, but Bonnie seems to like it. LOL

I hesitate to think we hoomins might *learn* something from this!

Jill