tap water & bottle spring water

Old February 23rd 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default tap water & bottle spring water

First when was the last vet check you may need to rule out a urinary tract
infection.

IMO it is more healthier for him to drink tap water. If it was unhealthy a
person would not be able to drink it. There are so many reports of people
only drink bottle water and the tooth decay is higher in that group

Spring water is purified distilled water and does have a smell to it that
animals can pickup on. You can by a filter water dish from a petstore that
cleans debris and such out of the water but does not purify it. Personally
leave the dish out for the cat put fresh water every day for him. Buy a
humidifier that is child proof it will give you peace of mind after the vet
check up

Cat do drink water quite a bit if it is available but they don't have to it
is not necessary for them.

"Andrew West" wrote in message
hi to everyone.my cat pepper is 4 years old.i always left fresh spring
water out every day for him since i had him when he was a year old.i
noticed he may drink some once a day .i saw n tv that cats don't drink
much including tigers.i wanted to increase humidity in my bedroom for
the winter and put a large bowl in my room full of tap water.now pepper
will drink from it alot and maybe 6 times a day.he never drinks that
much spring water. my question for people is... is the tap water
dangerous or unhealthy for him? i know it is full of
chlorine,fluoride,etc.i want him to be healthy.what should i do about
it?thanks for any help or opinions.

http://community.webtv.net/gardengro...SECRETGARDENOF
http://community.webtv.net/gardengrower1/doc

Old February 23rd 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote:

Spring water is purified distilled water and does have a smell to it

that animals
can pickup on.

That is plain BS. Spring water comes from springs and is NOT distilled
or purified. It usually contains a lot of minerals. A large bowl of
water will not improve the humidity. You need a humidifier. Mine uses
about a gallon a day on the average. If you place several water dishes
around for Pepper he will probably drink. The water dishes should not
be placed too close to his food dishes or litter boxes. If you are
feeding canned food, he will get most of his water from the food so you
won't see him drinking much.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old February 24th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I will admit when I am wrong Brandy I know you can't or won't

I am wrong about the distilled part I should have said some are purified at
least according to the zephyr hills 5 gallon bottle water sticker.

The smell part is true if you would have read that animals can pick up on.

The rest of it STFU I am not going to get a set of finger paints for you on
this thread.

Your are just mad that you got caught in a lie and can't admit it when you
are wrong

"Margarita Salt" wrote in message
NMR wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

First when was the last vet check you may need to rule out a
urinary tract infection.

IMO it is more healthier for him to drink tap water. If it was
unhealthy a person would not be able to drink it. There are so
many reports of people only drink bottle water and the tooth decay
is higher in that group

Spring water is purified distilled water and does have a smell to
it that animals can pickup on. You can by a filter water dish
from a petstore that cleans debris and such out of the water but
does not purify it. Personally leave the dish out for the cat
put fresh water every day for him. Buy a humidifier that is child
proof it will give you peace of mind after the vet check up

Cat do drink water quite a bit if it is available but they don't
have to it is not necessary for them.

Please, don't dole out information when you don't know what you're
talking about. Spring water is spring water, distilled water is
distilled water. Spring water is not "purified" distilled water.

Distilled water does not have an odor, nor does it have anything
else. That's why it is recommended for steam irons, humidifiers,
vaporizers, etc., so the evaporation doesn't leave behind lime scale
or any other mineralization to corrode or clog the systems. It's
produced by condensation or evaporation.

Spring water is just that--water from natural spring. It is
filtered for impurities, but there are no additives and it usually
has higher levels of minerals.

Tap water--what you see is what you get. It goes through the water
treatment systems of your municipailty where they add chlorine and
fluoride, and whatever else. It's not unhealthy; you can't OD on
the fluoride level, and exposure to the air evaporates the chlorine.

Personally, Kami likes spring water and will not drink the tap
water. Our water quality is not known for being very good, though,
and she's not stupid. She can smell something in it she just
doesn't like. Maybe that's why the subject cat LIKES tap water. He
can smell something that's not in the spring water and prefers it.

Tap water is perfectly okay, but if you want to make double sure,
let it stand for a few hours or overnight.

--
Margarita Salt

"...practically no one in the world is entirely bad or
entirely good... motives are often more important than
actions." -- Eleanore Roosevelt

Old February 24th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

My fault I am wrong about the spring water being distilled. I should have
said some are purified at least according to the zephyr hills 5 gallon
bottle water sticker. My apologies

Old February 24th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

STFU

"Margarita Salt" wrote in message
NMR wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

I will admit when I am wrong Brandy I know you can't or won't

I am wrong about the distilled part I should have said some are
purified at least according to the zephyr hills 5 gallon bottle
water sticker.

The smell part is true if you would have read that animals can
pick up on.

The rest of it STFU I am not going to get a set of finger paints
for you on this thread.

Your are just mad that you got caught in a lie and can't admit it
when you are wrong

Stop trying to pollute every thread with your lies. I wasn't caught in
anything because you can't prove it. I did, however, prove that you
were the liar.

Other people can read the other thread for themselves. I am not starting a
thread war on this thread.

I am not a liar you used up piece of wasted life. I admitted I was wrong
what I wrote and corrected myself it is even in your reply you twisted
junkie

Old February 24th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Margarita Salt" wrote in message

ROFLMAO @ you twisted junkie you are one to talk about keeping up

Poor Brandy all used up and thrown away

Old February 24th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

"Margarita Salt" wrote in message

ROFLMAO @ you twisted junkie you are one to talk about keeping up

Poor Brandy all used up and thrown away

Look! Phil has a a pet parrot with a brown beak. You do realize he
made up that stuff and you're an idiot for repeating it like you just
discovered a dirty little secret. Right?

Before you start squawking his ssquawk, ask to see the evidence that
gave him such an idea. Chances are 100% he can't. Oh, he'll pull out
some "she doesn't archive her posts" bullpewp, but the fact remains--
and it is a fact--that he's emotionally attached to anything I post and
obsessively replies to it. You can find virtually everything I've ever
said by Googling his name. In the end, you'll be empty handed, because
you've set yourself up as a patsy to tax evading charity cheat.

Old February 24th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Margarita Salt" wrote in message
NMR wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

"Margarita Salt"

Look! Phil has a a pet parrot with a brown beak. You do realize he
made up that stuff and you're an idiot for repeating it like you just
discovered a dirty little secret. Right?

just for an example http://www.lukeford.com/stars/female won't post you
last name I don't want you throwing a tantrum and calling the cops whining

www.google.com for your email address and wow you get some interesting
read specially when you use your whole name and I am not talking about the
porn stuff either. remember no matter how long ago you post something it
shows up somewhere just got to know where to look for it

Old February 24th 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote:

just for an example http://www.lukeford.com/stars/female won't post you
last name I don't want you throwing a tantrum and calling the cops whining

Pappy is that you?
i can't see...my eyes are getting dim

tell the truth Pappy