New discovery for Tucker-- How to Play Nice!

Old March 11th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New discovery for Tucker-- How to Play Nice!

I just had to tell ya'll this 'cause it is too cute, and, for me, quite
heartwarming... In June it'll be 3 years since we took in feral Tucker boy
and shy scaredy-cat Robin and just now in the last week these two boycats
have learned how to play with each other. Talk about a milestone,
especially for Tucker. When we first took them in, neither one of these
boycats knew what or how to play with another cat -- probably just too busy
surviving to have had the luxury and indulgence of playtime. And it's taken
Tucker all this time to figure out that one of the best "toys" a kitty can
have is a good wrestling match with another cat with claws sheathed!

These two boys have discovered the
pin-down-and-wrestle-while-rolling-around-on-the floor maneuver since last
week and they have spent major amounts of time happily PLAYING with each
other! For me it is such a joy to watch because they have both come so very
far from when we took them in. And then it is funny as heck, too, because
these two vocalize like crazy while they are rolling around -- Tucker chirps
and trills constantly in response to Robin's efforts at pinning him down and
Robin kind of quacks and sqawks with his low-voiced "Rah, rahs" back at
Tucker. It is a crack-up!

I have a few photos on Celeste's camera I'll try to post later today.
regards,
Christine

Old March 11th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

How delightful! I love stories like this.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old March 11th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine Burel wrote:
I just had to tell ya'll this 'cause it is too cute, and, for me, quite
heartwarming... In June it'll be 3 years since we took in feral Tucker boy
and shy scaredy-cat Robin and just now in the last week these two boycats
have learned how to play with each other.

Oh, that's wonderful, Christine! Has it been so long already? I still
remember when you first told us about them. It brought tears to my eyes
reading about how they play together. Just wonderful.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 12th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

3 years already?!?! OMG, time flies. Congrats on the big breakthrough,
that's just fabulous!
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old March 12th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Old March 12th 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

What a joy, christine!! It is wonderful, bet you are so proud of them!!

Old March 12th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
These two boys have discovered the
pin-down-and-wrestle-while-rolling-around-on-the floor maneuver since last
week and they have spent major amounts of time happily PLAYING with each
other! For me it is such a joy to watch because they have both come so
very
far from when we took them in. And then it is funny as heck, too, because
these two vocalize like crazy while they are rolling around -- Tucker
chirps
and trills constantly in response to Robin's efforts at pinning him down
and
Robin kind of quacks and sqawks with his low-voiced "Rah, rahs" back at
Tucker. It is a crack-up!

That's just so heart warming. I'm glad for the boys :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 14th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine Burel wrote:

[...]

That's wonderful, and you were so patient and persistent with them,
Christine! I'm so very happy for all of you!
Best wishes (and looking forward to the pics!),
Polonca and Soncek