KFC latest

Old January 26th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC latest

I began to think it was time we gave up and wondered how long it was fair to
keep her without eating properly and with her horrible nose infection that
was not responding to treatment.
She's been very difficult to medicate with the liquid antibiotic, she's
discovered how to disappear behind the woodburner when she's had it to vomit
it and come out in an hour or so with white mucus dangling from her mouth to
say she's got rid of it. She knows I cannot get her out from behind the
woodburner.
However, child vet knows best. He has allowed for this vomiting by giving
her twice the dose for her size.
She ate her small breakfast of chicken, all of it. She ate her evening
meal, slightly bigger, too.
It's tempting to give her more and push her appetite. It's not a good idea.

Tweed

Old January 27th 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
I began to think it was time we gave up and wondered how long it was
fair to keep her without eating properly and with her horrible nose
infection that was not responding to treatment.
She's been very difficult to medicate with the liquid antibiotic,
she's discovered how to disappear behind the woodburner when she's
had it to vomit it and come out in an hour or so with white mucus
dangling from her mouth to say she's got rid of it. She knows I
cannot get her out from behind the woodburner.
However, child vet knows best. He has allowed for this vomiting
by giving her twice the dose for her size.
She ate her small breakfast of chicken, all of it. She ate her
evening meal, slightly bigger, too.
It's tempting to give her more and push her appetite. It's not a
good idea.

Tweed

Poor kitty. It probably does taste terrible (if she can taste it
right now) and I'm sure it upsets her stomach.

But, hurrah, it sounds like its working.

Jo

Old January 27th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Christina Websell" ...
I began to think it was time we gave up and wondered how long it was fair
to keep her without eating properly and with her horrible nose infection
that was not responding to treatment.
She's been very difficult to medicate with the liquid antibiotic, she's
discovered how to disappear behind the woodburner when she's had it to
vomit it and come out in an hour or so with white mucus dangling from her
mouth to say she's got rid of it. She knows I cannot get her out from
behind the woodburner.
However, child vet knows best. He has allowed for this vomiting by
giving her twice the dose for her size.
She ate her small breakfast of chicken, all of it. She ate her evening
meal, slightly bigger, too.
It's tempting to give her more and push her appetite. It's not a good
idea.

Tweed

Puuuuuuurs for KFC and for you
Love
Kyla & Mosey

Old January 27th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Christina Websell wrote:
I began to think it was time we gave up and wondered how long it was
fair to keep her without eating properly and with her horrible nose
infection that was not responding to treatment.
She's been very difficult to medicate with the liquid antibiotic,
she's discovered how to disappear behind the woodburner when she's
had it to vomit it and come out in an hour or so with white mucus
dangling from her mouth to say she's got rid of it. She knows I
cannot get her out from behind the woodburner.
However, child vet knows best. He has allowed for this vomiting by
giving her twice the dose for her size.
She ate her small breakfast of chicken, all of it. She ate her
evening meal, slightly bigger, too.
It's tempting to give her more and push her appetite. It's not a
good idea.

At the risk of sounding like a bitch:

*NO* Vet, young or old, experienced or with the absolute latest hot off the
press knowledge can ever know 'what is best' for your pet. Only the pet and
you, their guardian and advocate, can know that.

What is KFC telling you, Tweed? Is this procedure of force feeding her -
which is clearly traumatising her - worth it?

I can't answer that, nor can your vet. Only you and KFC can.

Don't let anyone - even the vet - take precedence over what KFC is telling
you. You know her best of all. What does she want?

Purrs for you & KFC. I hope she makes a full recovery and goes on to enjoy
many more years with you - but the purrs & prayers go to her quality of life
rather than the number of her days, however many she has.

Yowie

Old January 27th 09, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
I began to think it was time we gave up and wondered how long it was fair to
keep her without eating properly and with her horrible nose infection that
was not responding to treatment.
She's been very difficult to medicate with the liquid antibiotic, she's
discovered how to disappear behind the woodburner when she's had it to vomit
it and come out in an hour or so with white mucus dangling from her mouth to
say she's got rid of it. She knows I cannot get her out from behind the
woodburner.
However, child vet knows best. He has allowed for this vomiting by giving
her twice the dose for her size.
She ate her small breakfast of chicken, all of it. She ate her evening
meal, slightly bigger, too.
It's tempting to give her more and push her appetite. It's not a good idea.

Tweed

That's wonderful news, Tweed!! I agree, don't push but it's great that
she's eating, even a bit!!! We're sending purrs across the pond for
both of you...

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old January 27th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

You have misunderstood. I am *not* force feeding her, it's her liquid meds
she's vomiting up. I have never tried to force feed her and would not.
Yes, handling her for her meds traumatises her because she is an ex-feral
and that's why she always had a long-acting antibiotic injection before. If
that is not working I am prepared to traumatise her a little to try
something that might. Traumatise is a strong word and probably does not
apply to Kitty. It's more that it makes her angry because she does not want
me to poke a pipette full of antibiotics in her mouth. I doubt if anything
would actually *traumatise* this cat after what she's been through.
The child vet will be supervised heavily by one of the partners so nothing
will be done that doesn't have approval from a far more experienced vet, and
one that has seen KFC before.
I will give KFC every chance while my vet says it's worth it.
And yes, no risk of perhaps sounding like a bitch, you just did.

Do you really think I would let her suffer against vet advice? If so, you
do not know me.
I want to give her a chance to live out her lifespan, the vet and myself
will decide when the time has come, not a guilt trip from you.
This post annoyed me so much that I am surprised I've been so polite.

Tweed

Old January 27th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I wondered about the post, too, Tweed. It's obvious to me that you're
doing what you think is right for KFC (and I agree with your approach
FWIW). That's all any of us can do, what we think is right, and not
what someone else thinks is right. WE have to live with our decisions,
not someone passing out unsolicited advice.

Give the old girl some scritchies from our crew and some special
attentions from our own old girl, Miss Tiger.

--Kim
Old January 27th 09, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Simmer down, Christine! This just seems another example of how much
easier it is to speak with people face-to-face. Tone of voice and
facial expressions are a lot more important than we may realize, and
it's easy to misunderstand when we only see written words. Before you
judge Yowie too harshly, remember all her other posts here, when are
never insensitive or unkind. I didn't read her post as trying to lay a
"guilt trip" on you. (Actually, I thought she was encouraging you not
to be stampeded by advice from people who DON'T know you or your cat.)
Old January 27th 09, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...

Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Aaargh. It's really bad to call me Christine, it's not my name Evelene.

Tweed

Old January 28th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Before you
judge Yowie too harshly, remember all her other posts here, when are
never insensitive or unkind. I didn't read her post as trying to lay a
"guilt trip" on you. (Actually, I thought she was encouraging you not
to be stampeded by advice from people who DON'T know you or your cat.)

That's exactly how I took Yowie's post. Tweed, I really don't think she
was criticizing you. Rather, I agree with Evelyn that Yowie was saying
that since you're the one who's with KFC day in and day out, you're the one
who knows best what she needs, and when enough is enough. You're going to
know that better than a vet. It might not have been that clear from Yowie's
post, but I believe that was her intent. (And I agree with that sentiment,
btw!)

--
Joyce ^..^

Latest on KFC Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 21 June 22nd 08 03:14 AM
The latest fad wafflycat Cat anecdotes 9 November 30th 05 12:42 AM
HK: Miranda's latest Marina Cat anecdotes 3 September 23rd 05 10:52 PM
B & C - Latest! Bev Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 04 06:25 PM
Latest on the FIV vaccine? Corey Kaye Cat health & behaviour 2 June 9th 04 09:18 PM