Sleeping Beauty/Sleeping Cat

Old April 25th 05, 11:14 PM
Eddie2005 via CatKB.com

Default Sleeping Beauty/Sleeping Cat

My cat sleeps in the bed with me. He likes to sleep on top of the blanket
leaning on my side - this stops me from rolling over on him..But it also
stops me from rolling over when I want to. He switches from side to side,
there is no pattern to it.

Why does he sleep in the bed, does he like the warmth, is he waiting for
food...

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her. I can't sleep at her
house because she lives with her mother. How can I get him to sleep in his
own bed - he just ignores it, it's a nice bed I paid over $30 for it and he
never uses it.

I'm sure this all sounds very funny but it really isn't.

Old April 25th 05, 11:19 PM
Janet B

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:14:19 GMT, "Eddie2005 via CatKB.com"
wrote:

Why does he sleep in the bed, does he like the warmth, is he waiting for
food...

Many cats love the physical and emotional comfort of sleeping with
their human. And yes, cats like warmth.

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her. I can't sleep at her
house because she lives with her mother. How can I get him to sleep in his
own bed - he just ignores it, it's a nice bed I paid over $30 for it and he
never uses it.

Dump the girlfriend. If she doesn't like your cat, do you really want
her in your life?

When I travel, I really miss my cat Skipjack sleeping up against me
(he moves around with me during the night quite well). Years ago, I
had a little cat named Mitze who liked to sleep between my legs. When
I wanted to roll over, I had to draw one leg up and around her to
accomplish that. I was staying in a hotel one night, and went to roll
over, and drew my leg up. I woke myself up laughing at how patterned
I was!

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old April 25th 05, 11:26 PM
Ashley

"Eddie2005 via CatKB.com" wrote in message

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her. I can't sleep at
her
house because she lives with her mother. How can I get him to sleep in his
own bed - he just ignores it, it's a nice bed I paid over $30 for it and
he
never uses it.

Easy - close the door.

Old April 26th 05, 12:14 AM
Mary

[...]

Put him and his bed at the far end of your place with box,
food, and water and close the bedroom door.

Old April 26th 05, 01:44 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:35:06 +0000, Diane L. Schirf wrote:

In article ,
"Eddie2005 via CatKB.com" wrote:

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her. I can't sleep at
her house because she lives with her mother. How can I get him to sleep
in his own bed - he just ignores it, it's a nice bed I paid over $30 for
it and he never uses it.

I'm sure this all sounds very funny but it really isn't.

No, it's not funny. I think a lot of people have similar problems.

On the other hand, I don't think I'd want to sleep with anyone who doesn't
like a cat.

Then don't!!!!!

Old April 26th 05, 02:04 AM
Wayne Mitchell

"Eddie2005 via CatKB.com" wrote:

My cat sleeps in the bed with me. He likes to sleep on top of the blanket
leaning on my side - this stops me from rolling over on him..But it also
stops me from rolling over when I want to. He switches from side to side,
there is no pattern to it.

No need to worry about (gently) displacing your cat when you
need a little more space. With practice, the two of you will
learn to make adjustments without either of you having to be
really awake. If he finds it too irritating, he'll just leave
you a little more space to begin with.

I'm a restless sleeper, so my cats have had to learn to put up
with it. I used to be diffident about waking them when they are
sleeping comfortably, but then I thought, "Hey, they have no
compunction about waking me -- and they can get back to sleep
much faster than I can."

--

Wayne M.
Old April 26th 05, 03:59 AM
Candy Cane

"Eddie2005 via CatKB.com" wrote in message
My cat sleeps in the bed with me. He likes to sleep on top of the blanket
leaning on my side - this stops me from rolling over on him..But it also
stops me from rolling over when I want to. He switches from side to side,
there is no pattern to it.

Why does he sleep in the bed, does he like the warmth, is he waiting for
food...

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her. I can't sleep at
her
house because she lives with her mother. How can I get him to sleep in his
own bed - he just ignores it, it's a nice bed I paid over $30 for it and
he
never uses it.

I'm sure this all sounds very funny but it really isn't.

The question you should be asking yourself is, who's well being is more
important? The cat who will be forever faithful or the girlfriend who you'll
no doubt break up with over some other issue down the road?

Old April 26th 05, 07:08 AM
223rem

Eddie2005 via CatKB.com wrote:

My cat sleeps in the bed with me. He likes to sleep on top of the blanket
leaning on my side - this stops me from rolling over on him..But it also
stops me from rolling over when I want to. He switches from side to side,
there is no pattern to it.

Why does he sleep in the bed, does he like the warmth, is he waiting for
food...

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her.

I have two kittens, and I keep them out of my bedroom for two reasons:

1. When the sleep with me they always wake me up around 4-5 am by
meaowing loudly and running across my head

2. I dont like the idea of them going back and forth from the litter box
to the pillow
Old April 26th 05, 06:28 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Eddie2005 via CatKB.com" wrote in message

SNIP

To be blunt - my girlfriend does not like to sleep in my bed because she
doesn't like the cat there - she says it's him or her. I can't sleep at

her
house because she lives with her mother. How can I get him to sleep in his
own bed - he just ignores it, it's a nice bed I paid over $30 for it and

he
never uses it.

I'm sure this all sounds very funny but it really isn't.

I agree with Ashley, close the bedroom door. Then, start thinking about
finding a girl who likes cats.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat