Cosmo is Home! (and a funny vet comment)

Old April 17th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Cosmo is Home! (and a funny vet comment)

My first husband is a cab driver, and my friend. Plus today was slow,
so he was willing to come pick me up, swing me by the store for some cat
food and eggs, and get me to the vet.

They all couldn't believe how well he is doing. For his age and his
problems, it truly is a miracle.

This is so funny (and cool): I spoke with the vet for a minute, and he
said "Ah, you know that group you mentioned that does the purrs and all?
They *really* do a good job. I might need them sometime; you'll be
hearing from me!" lol! So how about that guys; you got a compliment
from my vet :-)

Cosmo has a little tube in his ear and stitches. I will have to put
this stuff (don't know what it's called; haven't looked yet) in his ear,
behind the top of the tube, and around the other end of the tube, twice
a day for 10-14 days. Hopefully Cosmo will be as good as he has been,
and not try to scratch the tube or stitches; if he does, I will have to
Elizabeth his butt (actually his head) with a collar. But so far, he has
been very good about it, and is just shaking his head a little.

He just drank a bunch of water and meowed at me. I've got the windows
open (with screens) and hopefully he will decide to sit in his favorite
spot soon and get some fresh air and watch the birdies.

I am *so* incredibly happy to have my guy home. He is not only a
Handsome Fella (one of his nicknames), he is a Tough Guy to boot!

And I cannot ever thank you all enough for that power of purr. It truly
is incredible. Warm hugs and bright blessings to each and every one of you.

Ginger-lyn
Old April 17th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad to hear he's home. :-) Still purring for his ear to heal and not
to need an E collar.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 17th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

YAY Cosmo!!!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 17th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Ginger-lyn wrote in
:

[...]

This is great. I hope he continues to let you take care of his ear
without a fuss and to love life the way he seems to.

Andy
Old April 18th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Yep, those purrs work wonders, don't they? We'll keep them coming for a
speedy, uneventful recovery.

--Eric, Kim and the Crew

Old April 18th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Way to go, Cosmo!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 18th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ginger-lyn wrote:

And I cannot ever thank you all enough for that power of purr. It truly
is incredible. Warm hugs and bright blessings to each and every one of
you.

So glad you have your Handsome Fella home with you. Wow, Kudos to the
vet for believing in the Power of Purr.