Otis got skunked - Part II`

Old July 31st 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Otis got skunked - Part II`

He stinks way more than Chester did after I washed him. The problem is
that Otis not only got it along his neck and the side of his face like
Chester, but also got it full on the front of his face. I couldn't
really wash with that mixture all over his nose and around his eyes so
there is this savage skunk smell coming from his head.

I have to phone the vet for some of their concoctions as I can't
possible lather him again. He's got something with a pump spray that I
can put on gauze and leave on.

Phoned the city and they don't trap - only extermination services will
get skunks. We'll try first putting ammonia rags in the entrance of the
den after nightfall so that when it comes back in the AM it won't have
anywhere to set up shop. That's supposing that we know for sure that
its in the front step - it might be by the back fence too though.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old July 31st 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Susan M wrote:
[...]

What a mess! I hope you find a solution to Otis' stinkiness soon, the poor
baby. Most of all I hope you get that skunk.

kili

Old July 31st 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Susan M" wrote in message
He stinks way more than Chester did after I washed him. The problem is
that Otis not only got it along his neck and the side of his face like
Chester, but also got it full on the front of his face. I couldn't really
wash with that mixture all over his nose and around his eyes so there is
this savage skunk smell coming from his head.

I have to phone the vet for some of their concoctions as I can't possible
lather him again. He's got something with a pump spray that I can put on
gauze and leave on.

Phoned the city and they don't trap - only extermination services will get
skunks. We'll try first putting ammonia rags in the entrance of the den
after nightfall so that when it comes back in the AM it won't have
anywhere to set up shop. That's supposing that we know for sure that its
in the front step - it might be by the back fence too though.

You poor kids. Hope that you can get Otis' stinkiness removed soon. I
didn't know that putting Ammonia rags around skunk places would get rid of
them. You live and learn.

Pam S.

Old July 31st 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Did you try washing him with tomato juice?
That worked for us years ago in my 'other life' when our dog got skunked.
Good luck with that.
Hug
Kyla