Kitty FC update 2 (long) was Kitty Farmcat missing

Old August 11th 04, 11:49 PM
SUQKRT

Default Kitty FC update 2 (long) was Kitty Farmcat missing

Thank you all, here is the latest.
When I phoned again to see how Kitty was, I was told she could come home!!
because she had eaten a good meal, her temperature had returned to normal
and they thought she would be happier in her own surroundings. I have
phone a report in tomorrow and the next day, at least.
I went to fetch her immediately, had to wait 35 agonising minutes to see
her. She gave me the silent miaow again as soon as she saw me ;-)
The vets decided on the basis of the bloods, which were pretty well perfect,
that she is not ill, but has had some sort of traumatic injury, maybe she
fell somehow from a height, or got clipped by a car. There is not much
traffic near my house, maybe one car every 15 minutes or so during the
daytime but it wouldn't be out of the question. She seems to have some
motor problems and they want to monitor that.
What they also decided is that she is *very* old indeed and for that reason
they preferred not to anaethetise her to x-ray or scan her at this point.

I got home with her and opened the box in the lounge where her beloved
settee cushion is that she likes to sleep on.
Her head appeared out of the box and you could almost hear her give a sigh
of relief..
I lifted her out very gently, because *I* also think now that she has hurt
herself in some way and it is just a case of the pain and bruising healing
gradually.

She wobbled into the kitchen and spotted Boyfriend's spurned cut up sausage.
I am trying to get him to become a more adventurous eater without much
success ;-) He thinks everything is inedible except dry cat food. Cooked
mince in gravy? Yuk. Most of the wet cat foods - even the expensive ones
-
yuk. Gimme the biscuits.

So Kitty ate all BF's sausage and asked for some more, so I gave her some.
She has eaten one and a half sausages and 3/4's of a pouch of nice cat
food.
As BF had already eaten, I gave him the other quarter and after she scarfed
hers down she went and stood near his plate where he was trying to eat
his.
She stared at him. He continued eating for only a few more seconds and
then
boxed her ears which knocked her over as her balance isn't very good at
the
moment.
She picked herself up and crouched down within inches of his plate again.
He was totally unable to continue eating! He left it, inhibited, and she
moved in and ate the lot.

Encourageing report sounds like she might be ok. Purrs that the progree
continues.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")